Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2016, 11:37 PM

63,803 posts, read 40,077,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The rapture will never come because there is no such thing! It is a fiction created by John Darby in 1830 interpreting the second coming of Christ. Get a clue. None of this magical thinking is helpful to spiritual development and maturity. The sad state of human spiritual development is a direct result of such irrational and ignorant beliefs. It is a travesty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Well, I can say at least that I am irrational, but who could stop a committed obsessive compulsive to stop doing what he loves?''
I discerned that a while ago, Hannibal. It makes you an interesting person and I enjoy your creative imaginings. I expect we will be great friends in the next stage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2016, 11:51 PM

33,229 posts, read 26,440,532 times
Quote:
The rapture will never come because there is no such thing! It is a fiction created by John Darby in 1830 interpreting the second coming of Christ. Get a clue. None of this magical thinking is helpful to spiritual development and maturity. The sad state of human spiritual development is a direct result of such irrational and ignorant beliefs. It is a travesty.
John Darby didn't write 1 Thessalonians 4:17. The apostle Paul did, and the 'catching up' that he wrote of is what we call the rapture. Nothing 'magical' about it.

Old 07-22-2016, 11:56 PM

63,803 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
John Darby didn't write 1 Thessalonians 4:17. The apostle Paul did, and the 'catching up' that he wrote of is what we call the rapture. Nothing 'magical' about it.
Of course it is a magical interpretation of very figurative idiom and hyperbole interpreted by Darby in much the way Creationist fundies interpret Genesis, et al.

Old 07-23-2016, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Mike, All of these things you are referring to are appointed feast days.

What has taken place when Paul says,'' Those of us who remain and who are alive.''

Mike, the only people left standing after the judgment are people who stood in a fire and did not burn.

Baptism of fire.

What has just taken place that Paul has said,'' ANYONE LEFT ALIVE WILL THEN?''
The rapture of the Church has nothing to do with the baptism of fire. Those are two entirely different events separated by more than seven years. Again, I hold to the pre-Tribulational view of the rapture.

Paul's reference to 'those of us who are alive and remain' in 1 Thessalonians 4:17 refers to the Church-age believers who will be caught up immediately after the dead have been raised or resurrected. As I said earlier, the rapture of the Church takes place at the same time as the resurrection of the Church. When Jesus returns to the clouds He will bring with Him the souls of those who have died and were in heaven with Him. They will rejoin their resurrected bodies. Then those believers who are still physically alive will be caught up (the rapture) to meet the Lord in the air and their bodies will be transformed (1 Corinthians 15:51-54).This entire event will take place in the space of time of the 'twinkling of an eye' (1 Corinthians 15:52). Then the entire resurrected Church will go into heaven and remain there for the duration of the Tribulation which will be taking place on the earth. When Jesus returns to the earth at the end of the Tribulation the Church will return with Him.

Old 07-23-2016, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Of course it is a magical interpretation of very figurative idiom and hyperbole interpreted by Darby in much the way Creationist fundies interpret Genesis, et al.
No, it is not. Paul's letter to the Thessalonians records a very literal event which will take place before the beginning of the day of the Lord which will begin with the Tribulation.

Old 07-23-2016, 12:26 AM

23,144 posts, read 10,441,143 times
I guess I fail unless I convince people that they are the two witnesses.

Old 07-23-2016, 12:35 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
The Church Age is nothing more than the Resurrection of Religion with its sacrificial mentality of scapegoating.

Old 07-23-2016, 12:37 AM

Just for consideration, ARE YOU THE TWO WITNESSES?

Witnesses testify.

1 John 5

This is He who came by water and blood—Jesus Christ; not only by water, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who bears witness, because the Spirit is truth.

For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.

And there are three that witness on earth: the Spirit, the water, and the blood; and these three agree as one.

Everything we do, we do in the blood and in the water, and the spirit.

DO YOU HAVE AN APPOINTED 7 YEARS?

Revelation 12

5And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne. 6And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

Are you this overcomer who goes into the wilderness as Elijah?

Aren't you this overcomer who will rule all nations?

Revelation 2
27And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

If somebody wants to test me in this, maybe they can give me a heads up that they will take a pen out and write a sentence on a piece of paper to see if I do not tell them what they have written but beware, I will know you.

Old 07-23-2016, 12:42 AM

Say When.

Old 07-23-2016, 12:54 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
Say When.
Uncle, but you knew I would say that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity