U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 12:42 PM

5,147 posts, read 2,533,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
It's a weird question? Really? What is weird about a question that weighs so heavily on the mind of millions of beings on the planet? Why should we stick our heads in the sand on that topic? Why not bring it out into the light and examine it? Does God have anything to hide from anyone? I don't think so.
Isn't the reason questions about hell weighs heavily on many is because of philosophy [ religious myth ] which is taught as Scripture but is Not really what the Bible teaches ?

Isn't the ' Bible's hell ' just mankind's grave until resurrected out of hell ?
How much time did Jesus spend in hell after Jesus died ?
If biblical hell was for an eternity then Jesus could Not have gotten out of hell.

In order to be in pain [ or bliss ] one would have to be in an awake conscious state.
Jesus taught the dead are sleeping at John 11 vs 11-14.
Jesus was well educated in the Hebrew OT Scriptures which also teach sleep in death.
[ reference verses: Psalm 6 v 5; 13 v 3; 115 v 17; 146 v 4; Daniel 12 vs 2,13; Ecclesiastes 9 vs 5,10 ]

If hell was eternal there would be No point for Jesus to have keys to hell [ Rev. 1 v 18 ] if hell could not be unlocked.
There would be No need to have hell cast into a symbolic 'second death' for death and hell if hell was permanent.
After everyone in the Bible's hell [ grave ] is ' delivered up ' meaning resurrected out of hell, then biblical hell is cast vacant into the symbolic 'second death for emptied-out hell.- Rev 20 vs 13,14.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2013, 02:48 PM

32,231 posts, read 21,115,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Isn't the reason questions about hell weighs heavily on many is because of philosophy [ religious myth ] which is taught as Scripture but is Not really what the Bible teaches ?

Isn't the ' Bible's hell ' just mankind's grave until resurrected out of hell ?
How much time did Jesus spend in hell after Jesus died ?
If biblical hell was for an eternity then Jesus could Not have gotten out of hell.

In order to be in pain [ or bliss ] one would have to be in an awake conscious state.
Jesus taught the dead are sleeping at John 11 vs 11-14.
Jesus was well educated in the Hebrew OT Scriptures which also teach sleep in death.
[ reference verses: Psalm 6 v 5; 13 v 3; 115 v 17; 146 v 4; Daniel 12 vs 2,13; Ecclesiastes 9 vs 5,10 ]

If hell was eternal there would be No point for Jesus to have keys to hell [ Rev. 1 v 18 ] if hell could not be unlocked.
There would be No need to have hell cast into a symbolic 'second death' for death and hell if hell was permanent.
After everyone in the Bible's hell [ grave ] is ' delivered up ' meaning resurrected out of hell, then biblical hell is cast vacant into the symbolic 'second death for emptied-out hell.- Rev 20 vs 13,14.
Well, unfortunately many believe the liberator with the keys is also the jailer.

Old 10-07-2013, 03:28 PM
Status: "Living rent-free in Mr. Wade’s head" (set 22 hours ago)

16,362 posts, read 8,903,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Well, unfortunately many believe the liberator with the keys is also the jailer.
More like we're already in prison, and Jesus came with the key. John 3:16-36

Old 10-07-2013, 03:28 PM

40,085 posts, read 26,750,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletWren View Post
I don't know what I would do, it's unimaginable to me that the one who created us and gave us life and the ability to do evil would torture us for that, especially since we have such little control over any aspect of our life, including our mental faculties, the way we react, etc. He had 'eternity' to finish us and make us right. As for annhilation, that would seem more lenient on those who acted more wickedly than those who think they do good, but what effect does that have upon the mothers or siblings of those persons who loved them? It isn't right to do a lobotomy on what made up much of our earthly life if that life is supposedly what we are judged on. If I can love a child who is capable of evil, and my love is not perfect, I can't imagine a creator who could not only turn his back on one of His but allow him to survive in endless misery. It just does not compute. He created us to be the recipient of His love, not for someone to love Him, once we realize the full measure of His love, it will heal everyone. That's my opinion
I seem to have missed this post, Scarlet. It is an excellent one!

Old 10-07-2013, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
More like we're already in prison, and Jesus came with the key. John 3:16-36
Then let the chosen few out then slammed the jail door shut again ?.

Old 10-07-2013, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Then let the chosen few out then slammed the jail door shut again ?.
No! He's still standing there with the key!

*You just like to argue. No matter what I say, you're going to disagree. You know, believe it or not, there are times I agree with you, and I've told you. Let go of the hate, man!

Old 10-07-2013, 06:09 PM

Quote:
No! He's still standing there with the key!

*You just like to argue. No matter what I say, you're going to disagree. You know, believe it or not, there are times I agree with you, and I've told you. Let go of the hate, man!
No Jimmie, I disagree with your understanding of him who holds the keys. I believe he holds the keys to set folk free, not to imprison them, why is this an offense to you that you have to say I'm disagreeing for disagreeing sake.?.I am absolutely convinced of it and set on my conviction of it. He came to set the captives free, and I'm entitled to my conviction to, thank you very much.

Hate?, please, simply because I have an opinion that differs to yours ?.

Old 10-07-2013, 06:24 PM

Quote:
No Jimmie, I disagree with your understanding of him who holds the keys. I believe he holds the keys to set folk free, not to imprison them, why is this an offense to you that you have to say I'm disagreeing for disagreeing sake.?.I am absolutely convinced of it and set on my conviction of it. He came to set the captives free, and I'm entitled to my conviction to, thank you very much.

Hate?, please, simply because I have an opinion that differs to yours ?.
I too believe the bolded, but what prison is He setting us free from? John 3 says we are under condemnation! What does that mean to you? Jesus has the key to set us free from condemnation. The apostle John, who walked with Jesus said this:

1 John 4:10
In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

Old 10-07-2013, 06:31 PM

Quote:
I too believe the bolded, but what prison is He setting us free from? John 3 says we are under condemnation! What does that mean to you? Jesus has the key to set us free from condemnation. The apostle John, who walked with Jesus said this:

1 John 4:10
In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
The prison of belief that we are not free and the condemnation of believing we are not that comes with that belief( the cause of us falling short of the glory of God). You also believe that he keeps folk locked up until they confess the magic words of the evangelicals.

You shall know the truth( you are free) and the truth shall set you free.

Last edited by pcamps; 10-07-2013 at 06:40 PM..

Old 10-07-2013, 06:40 PM

Quote:
The belief that we are not free and the condemnation of believing we are not that comes with that belief( the cause of us falling short of the glory of God). You also believe that he keeps folk locked up until they confess the magic words.

You shall know the truth( you are free) and the truth shall set you free.
That's mumbo-jumbo and makes no sense! Condemnation implies blame. We are sinners in need of a savior. Without Jesus, we are doomed to the second death. With Jesus (the truth you speak of), we have eternal life, and soon an eternal home in Heaven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or