U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 04:06 AM

668 posts, read 571,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Here's what it says:

18 He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
Jimmiej I commend you on the use and acceptance of what God has said. There is no other source of God's truth than God himself. Moderator cut: delete

Last edited by Miss Blue; 10-08-2013 at 06:00 PM.. Reason: off topicand perssonal attack against other believers on this forum
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2013, 05:20 AM
Status: "Waving a sign that reads John 3:16" (set 4 days ago)

16,395 posts, read 8,924,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I am pushing nothing. I am trying to undertand precisely what you think is going on. If you believe in your heart (have the inner conviction) and it is manifest in your "love of God and each other" as seen in your "fruits" . . . are the words necessary? If so Why?
The action is neccesary.

Matthew 10

32 “Therefore everyone who confesses Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father who is in heaven. 33 But whoever denies Me before men, I will also deny him before My Father who is in heaven.

Old 10-08-2013, 08:36 AM

668 posts, read 571,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
The action is neccesary.

Matthew 10

32 “Therefore everyone who confesses Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father who is in heaven. 33 But whoever denies Me before men, I will also deny him before My Father who is in heaven.
And if you can't trust Jesus to tell the truth then we are all in trouble.

Old 10-08-2013, 09:08 AM

15,906 posts, read 8,190,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Oops! wrong answer. The ER folk wanted you to say that you would be extremely unhappy if God would reconcile everyone to Him. You are suppose to be gleefully desiring that all non-believers will all fry in hell.
Now that you know the "correct" answer you may thank me later.

Come now, Mr5150. A person who would be gleeful about others being in eternal torment is obviously very far from the heart of God/Love in their own mind. No one who believes in the power of Love wants others to be far from it.

By the way, is "ER" a new designation or just a typo? If it's new, what does it mean?

Old 10-08-2013, 03:38 PM

63,198 posts, read 34,429,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You believe in God and accept what is "written in ink" about what men interpreted to be what God inspired them to write. That is Old Covenant thinking and is completely inappropriate under the New Covenant because God has "written in our hearts" and we have Christ abiding with us. His Holy Spirit (Comforter) within our consciousness will guide us to the truth.
Can you share some of those things Jesus wrote in your heart which contradict the Bible?

Old 10-08-2013, 06:16 PM

13,577 posts, read 21,738,535 times
Lots of off topic posts just deleted folks.
Next
one who casts out a piece of bait will "catch " something from this mod.

Please stay on the topic in the op, without getting in each others faces with insults to their beliefs

Dayton, Akron-Canton in Ohio

Old 10-08-2013, 11:45 PM

5,965 posts, read 5,768,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Isn't the reason questions about hell weighs heavily on many is because of philosophy [ religious myth ] which is taught as Scripture but is Not really what the Bible teaches ?

Isn't the ' Bible's hell ' just mankind's grave until resurrected out of hell ?
How much time did Jesus spend in hell after Jesus died ?
If biblical hell was for an eternity then Jesus could Not have gotten out of hell.

In order to be in pain [ or bliss ] one would have to be in an awake conscious state.
Jesus taught the dead are sleeping at John 11 vs 11-14.
Jesus was well educated in the Hebrew OT Scriptures which also teach sleep in death.
[ reference verses: Psalm 6 v 5; 13 v 3; 115 v 17; 146 v 4; Daniel 12 vs 2,13; Ecclesiastes 9 vs 5,10 ]

If hell was eternal there would be No point for Jesus to have keys to hell [ Rev. 1 v 18 ] if hell could not be unlocked.
There would be No need to have hell cast into a symbolic 'second death' for death and hell if hell was permanent.
After everyone in the Bible's hell [ grave ] is ' delivered up ' meaning resurrected out of hell, then biblical hell is cast vacant into the symbolic 'second death for emptied-out hell.- Rev 20 vs 13,14.
I totally agree with you. There is plenty of hell in this world. There are numbers of souls known only to God locked away both in literal and spiritual prisons of horrible torture and torment as I type. Just because I'm not in that state or condition does not mean it is not a reality of others on the planet. Jesus will set them all free in due time.

Old 10-09-2013, 06:30 AM

2,819 posts, read 2,878,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
I totally agree with you. There is plenty of hell in this world. There are numbers of souls known only to God locked away both in literal and spiritual prisons of horrible torture and torment as I type. Just because I'm not in that state or condition does not mean it is not a reality of others on the planet. Jesus will set them all free in due time.
Jesus will indeed set them free. He will continue to seek until he finds and breaks that final stubborn soul. Then that soul will bow down before Jesus, broken, and confess Him as Lord.

Old 10-13-2013, 04:19 AM

8,114 posts, read 7,087,882 times
Jesus says that at the end of the age the sea gave up the dead and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them , and they were judged every man according to their works... then In Revelations 21: 4...``And God will wipe away all tears from the eyes , and will be no more death , neither sorrow, nor crying, neither will there be any more pain , for the former things are passed away ``.........Sounds like people will not be mad that things did not go their way in the judgment , sounds like the crying was the condition of the people who God had in the end , as all of creation comes to an end

Old 10-13-2013, 06:44 AM

2,819 posts, read 2,878,653 times
So much for weeping and gnashing of teeth for eternity. All tears will be wiped. Former things passed away. That is good news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or