U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 03:44 PM

8,121 posts, read 7,109,462 times

Advertisements

In Isaiah 22 :14.............. Was for some people of the Old Testament and does not apply for the New Covenant through the righteousness of Jesus , as it was they very promise of the righteousness of Jesus that the Israelites even had redemption for their salvation up to two thousand years before Jesus was even born .................. God was saving Israelites from the promise of Jesus to come , so most Israelites where carnal sinners because of the lack of defenses of deliverance of demons as God provision for these Israelites was limited , as all would be judged differently from the Christians after the cross , as the Israelites got the shadow of Jesus , and Christians got the direct new Creation of the Spirit of the temple of the Holy spirit , which the Israelites never got ................. So the Israelites had to sacrifice animals for a point of contact for the redemption of sin and lived a life hardly even saved so then God could judge the faith even after their passing from the earth , as Jesus had not even come and redeemed the salvation ...... Christians must have the righteousness of Jesus to be saved , and then Jesus will still judge the iniquity which Christians may keep , were Christians will be judged that the grace of God was on the table before the Lord , where as Old Israel the grace of God was very limited ...........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2013, 03:58 PM

5,965 posts, read 5,780,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Amen!
Amen! You guys are making my posting here unnecessary.
Not twisting, Vizio . . . intelligent and informed interpretation using the context of a loving God that Christ revealed unambiguously. As long as you retain the context of a jealous, vengeful War God who needs to be appeased by blood sacrifice . . . you will not understand the scriptures. You are using the wrong beliefs about God to perpetuate a corruption of Christ's Gospel.
Precisely! Amen.

Old 10-05-2013, 04:59 PM

987 posts, read 911,912 times
It is God's purpose and aim to be ALL IN ALL. I'm pretty confident He will forgive us and we will have forgiven everyone who would need to be forgiven before He abides in us. Amen.

Old 10-05-2013, 05:44 PM

26,049 posts, read 13,537,710 times
It is my belief* that upon death's threshold we judge ourselves. I'm not at all sure what may happen if one should fail that judgement. My guess is extreme, and I suspect, eternity-seeming shame.

But I further suppose that at some point, the shame ends and understanding dawns.

Cue the happy ending.

*In case you don't know me, I'm not a Christian - so feel free to dismiss my thoughts.

Old 10-05-2013, 08:52 PM

8,916 posts, read 7,778,484 times
There's all kinds of statements about sins not being forgiven, ever.

Mk 3:29 But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; he is guilty of an eternal sin.”

Heb 4:5 And again in the passage above he says, “They shall never enter my rest.”

Gal 4:30 But what does the Scripture say? “Get rid of the slave woman and her son, for the slave woman’s son will never share in the inheritance with the free woman’s son.”

Old 10-05-2013, 09:13 PM

304 posts, read 248,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Isaiah 22:14 "The LORD of hosts has revealed himself in my ears: “Surely this iniquity will not be atoned for you until you die,” says the Lord GOD of hosts."

1 Sam 3:14 "Therefore I swear to the house of Eli that the iniquity of Eli’s house shall not be atoned for by
sacrifice or offering forever.”

What say you, Universalists? These verses clearly state that there will be some that will not be forgiven.
well, the first one says it will be atoned for when they die. The second one can accept that as fact and accomodate. I'm afraid those don't prove anything.

You do realize, it's not about judgement.... If you focus on judgement it's out of fear, and John says that means you do not yet know HIm.

Wouldn't you rather run TO HIM than FROM HIM?

Old 10-05-2013, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
There's all kinds of statements about sins not being forgiven, ever.

Mk 3:29 But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; he is guilty of an eternal sin.”

Heb 4:5 And again in the passage above he says, “They shall never enter my rest.”

Gal 4:30 But what does the Scripture say? “Get rid of the slave woman and her son, for the slave woman’s son will never share in the inheritance with the free woman’s son.”
Augie, consider if you will....

Most of those verses you think of, can be taken either way. Both views can take them as written and have them fit into their positions.

I don't know of any/many that can ONLY be deducted one way.

I'm not preachin' I'm just sayin'

Old 10-05-2013, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletWren View Post
It is God's purpose and aim to be ALL IN ALL. I'm pretty confident He will forgive us and we will have forgiven everyone who would need to be forgiven before He abides in us. Amen.
Please explain 1 john 4:16-18 and give me your best understand what happens to a person that never gets the LOVE right, that God says we must possess?

Old 10-05-2013, 10:32 PM

40,346 posts, read 26,896,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xian Catalyst View Post
Please explain 1 john 4:16-18 and give me your best understand what happens to a person that never gets the LOVE right, that God says we must possess?
This concern is only relevant to someone who has not experienced God's love . . . because it is instantly transforming. So once you are exposed to it . . . whenever that is . . . you will get it right. The problem is that if it happens after your death . . . your entire life will then be viewed in the glare of the God's love. Every imperfect and unloving aspect of your life will be thrown into sharp contrast and your understanding will be complete. What you were oblivious to in life . . . you will now understand and you will experience the full measure of your impact on others. It will not be pleasant. If you have ever done something to someone you truly love (whether deliberately or obliviously) that was permanently negative and could not be undone . . . you may have an inkling of what it will be like to review all such aspects of your life. The weeping and gnashing of teeth would hardly capture it, IMO.

Old 10-06-2013, 05:22 AM

32,417 posts, read 21,222,248 times
The more I go on in life, the more I have difficulty understanding the position of those such as the OP. It can only be for 1 reason only, we can only speak from what know and experience. If you know and have experienced the love and forgiveness of God , surely that is what comes from the wellspring of your heart. If you've experienced grace, surely that not grace is what flows from there too, and same with the kingdom of God. So why do you desire to promote your belief in unforgiveness , sin, death and eternal hell, if you know and experienced something far greater than these things you try to force upon us?.

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honourable, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

When we receive Jesus Christ, we are not accepting a man with a beard into our lives, but the very life of God that once we are rooted and established in the knowledge of this, cannot but be expressed while having a conscious awareness of it, the only way of stopping its flow is by giving our attention to something other than this, and the unfortunate thing is, those who claim to have all the truth and are 100% bible believers(whatever that means), you never hear a dicky bird about the wonders of the God life, their feet are still stuck in the treacle of sin consciousness(if I'm stuck in this,everyone else must be too), so I will speak against that which condemns me.

How lovely on the mountains are the feet of him who brings good news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity