U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 06:15 PM

174 posts, read 257,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Furthermore, until you learn to post in a more mature and less antagonistic manner then you've done in many of your posts, I am not inclined to even bother with you.
I would be more than just "inclined" not to bother with this poster. Merely after reading through this thread, I would make "Thou shalt not bother with Xian Catalyst" my Eleventh Commandment. This is the sort of "Christian spirit (NOT)" that has made "Christianity" (meaning the bogus species that predominates but is actually almost a complete perversion of everything Jesus was talking about) the most divided and divisive religion in the history of mankind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2013, 06:44 PM

304 posts, read 247,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Venerable Bede View Post
I would be more than just "inclined" not to bother with this poster. Merely after reading through this thread, I would make "Thou shalt not bother with Xian Catalyst" my Eleventh Commandment. This is the sort of "Christian spirit (NOT)" that has made "Christianity" (meaning the bogus species that predominates but is actually almost a complete perversion of everything Jesus was talking about) the most divided and divisive religion in the history of mankind.
I would think anyone who gives themself Venerable would think so... Yes.

Definition of venerable (adj)
Bing Dictionary
ven·er·a·ble [ vénnərəb'l ]
worthy of respect: worthy of respect as a result of great age, wisdom, remarkable achievements, or similar qualities
revered: revered for qualities such as great age or holiness
ancient: extremely old

If you have to name yourself to get respect, it seems you knew in advance you'd have to prepare for credibility. Thus anyone that would challenge anything, would not sit well with you.

You should click the other link as well.

Be well or better.

Old 10-07-2013, 12:01 PM

16,256 posts, read 7,644,495 times
[quote=Mike555;31699772] You promote legalism and do not understand grace.
quote]
Miss again. You peomote legalism by taking one aspect of salvation out of the various contexts and claiming it is the whole of the salvation process, making "saving" someone who is NOT willing to BE what Christ wants them to be an obligation (legality) on Christ because of the wording you prefer.

How Christians are deceived

Old 10-07-2013, 01:13 PM

5,133 posts, read 2,527,570 times
Gospel writer Luke wrote how Christians [ and people in general ] would be deceived at Acts 20 vs 29,30 by false spiritual shepherds.

Clergy often seat themselves in the 'temple' [ houses of worship ] as if they are God [ 2nd Thess. 2 vs 2-8 ] when in reality they are anti-God.
A person is identified by their spiritual works - Matthew chapter 7

Old 10-07-2013, 05:07 PM

21,804 posts, read 16,674,400 times
[quote=nateswift;31711506]
Quote:
You promote legalism and do not understand grace.
quote]
Miss again. You peomote legalism by taking one aspect of salvation out of the various contexts and claiming it is the whole of the salvation process, making "saving" someone who is NOT willing to BE what Christ wants them to be an obligation (legality) on Christ because of the wording you prefer.

How Christians are deceived
Defending myself against these false allegations would only serve to take the thread off topic.

If you wish, I will start a new thread and post your allegation, and address it there by simply posting the thread and post which directly refutes your claim. A thread on which you posted.

Old 10-07-2013, 05:55 PM

62,956 posts, read 34,295,019 times
Quote:
Who has ever said that one need not do God's will?

God's will for the unbeliever is to believe on Christ so that he may have eternal life (Acts 16:31). If the unbeliever disobeys that command he will spend eternity future in the lake of fire.

God's will for the believer is to grow to spiritual maturity. That necessitates being obedient to God's will to grow in grace and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ (2 Peter 3:18). If the believer fails to obey that command he will incur divine discipline in time and miss out on eternal rewards, but he will still be eternally saved.

It is to one's advantage to obey God.
That's it in a nutshell

Old 10-07-2013, 06:52 PM

21,804 posts, read 16,674,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That's it in a nutshell
Thanks Finn. And indeed it is!!!

Old 10-08-2013, 08:34 AM

10,024 posts, read 10,559,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
They do not DO the things Jesus taught.

Look!

But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. James 1:22

Each sin brings them into more deception.

This doctrine one need not DO Gods will is deceiving multitudes into deception.
What doctrine are you talking about? I have never in my long Christian life ever heard of such a teaching!

Old 10-08-2013, 10:21 AM

16,256 posts, read 7,644,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
What doctrine are you talking about? I have never in my long Christian life ever heard of such a teaching!
Have you been reading Mike555's posts about all you have to do is believe and you are saved regardless of whether 6you follow it up with following Christ or not?

Old 10-08-2013, 11:21 AM

10,024 posts, read 10,559,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Have you been reading Mike555's posts about all you have to do is believe and you are saved regardless of whether 6you follow it up with following Christ or not?
What a single poster on CD writes is a long way from "Doctrine".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or