U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 11:29 AM

10,840 posts, read 14,882,451 times

Advertisements

Our church is interested to know who painted this and some history about the artist.
It's related to The Book of John, Chapter 10.

http://i.stack.imgur.com/aKN2l.png
Attached Thumbnails
Can anyone identify the artist of this painting?-akn2l.png  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2013, 11:53 AM

304 posts, read 247,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
Our church is interested to know who painted this and some history about the artist.

I dunno, but I bet he was a PROTESTANT PREACHER!

Consider:

You gotta lot of beings crammed in a box. With very little to say, "baaaa". Who follow a shepherd, but never go anywhere. IN FACT they are held captive to their box, and it's walls are tall enough, they can't see outside of it to see the rest of the world.

Now, being protestant I beg for you to crack up at the self deprecating humor, but it's only funny cause it's true.

A side bar. Once in an assembly, I was speaking to about 600 people... college big lecture hall. I went to explain a comment I made was making fun of myself, and said, "Self Defecating" humor. The hall went silent. I did of course cover it and get out of it, making it look deliberate, but still........ WHOOSH! The things we say...

Old 10-06-2013, 11:56 AM

The artist has signed the work, but too small to make it out.

Old 10-06-2013, 12:04 PM

Okies, seriously, there is an app to find it on your phone.... go to google, search android App to identify pictures. You should get some pop up.

Old 10-06-2013, 12:30 PM

473 posts, read 616,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post

I posted it on my facebook, I'll let you know what comes in.

Yeshua Bless You

Old 10-06-2013, 02:08 PM

8,111 posts, read 7,084,708 times
Looks like a Iron age hedge grove bumpkin for sheep ................ Then Jesus said in John 10 1-5.....``Very truly , I say to you , He that enters not by the door into the sheep fold, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief, and a robber....But he that enters in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep ...To him the porter opens and the sheep hear his voice, and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out ...... And when he puts forth his own sheep , he goes before them and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice ...and the stranger will they not follow , but will flee from him for they know not the voice of the stranger``................................ See real sheep do that as they run in flocks and will follow the master or shepherd , where as sheep are a metaphor for the lead in the spirit for Christians , as they are called to love their neighbor as themselves so they run in flocks , and are called to love the Lord their God and follow only Him and His voice or Words , the strangers are just like false prophets and antichrist spirit an demons can be easily identified because they will contradict Jesus and His word , and lead where hypocrisy against true will stand out for those who search truth of Christ..............The artist of the parable is the Lord ....

Old 10-06-2013, 08:27 PM

Google Goggles - YouTube

someone use their smart phone, take a picture of it, and see what you get with google goggles.

Old 10-07-2013, 06:48 AM

Image search tool (not using smart phone application) found one result:
"Mun-Day" Thoughts: Jesus is the DOOR to the Sheep!

Maybe someone in the art forum can see the tiny artist signature, bottom right. Image editting software does not make the signature legible. Our pastor asked us to try to locate the name of the artist. Thanks.

Old 10-07-2013, 11:36 AM

668 posts, read 571,244 times
How do you know there was an artist?

Old 10-07-2013, 12:10 PM

In the bottom right corner there are two words which are assumed to be the name.
And the pastor who based his sermon on this photo, is interested in knowing who painted it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity