U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 04:56 PM

2,898 posts, read 4,404,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMurph View Post
What does the church teach with regard to Adam and Eve?
I will not engage in theology with you.

What anyone believes about Adam and Eve does not matter to your salvation or theirs. Your contentious and divisive... thus

Titus, chapter 3;8-11

This is a trustworthy saying. And I want you to stress these things, so that those who have trusted in God may be careful to devote themselves to doing what is good. These things are excellent and profitable for everyone. But avoid foolish controversies and genealogies and arguments and quarrels about the law, because these are unprofitable and useless. Warn a divisive person once, and then warn him a second time. After that, have nothing to do with him. You may be sure that such a man is warped and sinful; he is self-condemned."

Old 10-12-2013, 05:11 PM

19,950 posts, read 13,751,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post

What anyone believes about Adam and Eve does not matter to your salvation or theirs. Your contentious and divisive... thus

Titus, chapter 3;8-11

This is a trustworthy saying. And I want you to stress these things, so that those who have trusted in God may be careful to devote themselves to doing what is good. These things are excellent and profitable for everyone. But avoid foolish controversies and genealogies and arguments and quarrels about the law, because these are unprofitable and useless. Warn a divisive person once, and then warn him a second time. After that, have nothing to do with him. You may be sure that such a man is warped and sinful; he is self-condemned."
Actually, Paul states in Romans that through Adam sin entered the world. He seemed to think that it was important what we believed about Adam.

Old 10-12-2013, 05:14 PM

112 posts, read 95,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post

Titus, chapter 3;8-11

I keep things very simple. I can show that the 'church' does not teach scripture and is therefore a false religion.

What does Adam and Chava (not Eve) have to do with my salvation? Everything.
Because if you don't care enough to study and educate yourself on the ENTIRE word of Yahuah.........salvation is NOT yours.

You dont' know your bible, you just proven that.

Where I was going with the question is- Was Adam and Eve the first people on earth as the church teaches? No, they were not and I can prove it, biblically.

Old 10-12-2013, 05:17 PM

Quote:
I keep things very simple. I can show that the 'church' does not teach scripture and is therefore a false religion.

What does Adam and Chava (not Eve) have to do with my salvation? Everything.
Because if you don't care enough to study and educate yourself on the ENTIRE word of Yahuah.........salvation is NOT yours.

You dont' know your bible, you just proven that.

Where I was going with the question is- Was Adam and Eve the first people on earth as the church teaches? No, they were not and I can prove it, biblically.
Who is Chava? Who is Yahuah? Dave may or may not be interested, but I'd love to see your reasoning.

Old 10-12-2013, 05:25 PM

112 posts, read 95,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Who is Chava? Who is Yahuah? Dave may or may not be interested, but I'd love to see your reasoning.

Were you aware that in the Hebrew names are a description of the character? Names have value, to remove and replace with a pagan name changes everything.

Quote:
The original biblical name of Eve is "Chava." As with most of the names in the Torah, the Torah explains the significance of this name, which was given to her by Adam.

"The man called his wife's name Chava, because she had become the mother of all the living" (Genesis 3:20). The root of this name is connected with the word Chaya which means living, and the word "Chai" which means life. "Chava" is in causative form i.e. she caused all the people in the future to live. (source: "Rashi" Genesis 3:20 with "Siftei Chachamim")

Yahuah is Creator, Father.

Old 10-12-2013, 05:31 PM

11,826 posts, read 10,239,331 times
Quote:
But he didnt get baptized. And Jesus said he would be saved. So baptism ISN'T a requirement.
I have told many Baptist \ Calvinist that they are wrong...
Jesus also said it was for salvation but not when it comes to being not saved
"He that believes and is baptized will be saved, he that believes not will be condemned"
but that doesn't mean that they listen to what God revealed even after being shown.

Old 10-12-2013, 05:36 PM

572 posts, read 544,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila Renae View Post
Have you ever tried to tell a preacher that you thought he misunderstood something from the Bible?

I have done this twice. I didn't try to force anything or argue, I just asked them about it and tried to show them where I thought they may have misunderstood.

This kind of thing will get you snubbed, not just from the preacher but from his wife. They were both preachers from the same church. The first preacher the church ended up letting go because he didn't practice what he preached. The next time they just avoided me and my questions until I finally left that church and now I attend another. The second time had to do with questions of the Trinity. Almost every church in my area holds VERY firm to the idea of the trinity--three Gods in one. When they preach they are very confusing about WHO is sovereign and tend to place a God above Jesus.

Yeshua Bless You
Actually yes, when I was 8 years old. I had been listening to several preachers who gave a sermon on the same subject. Even at 8 years old I noticed each preacher had something totally different to say about the same subject and none of them agreed. So in my young mind I figured that there could be only one truth and that either all but one was lying or they all were. And I made the mistake of stating that to some of them. Needless to say I got myself in trouble but that sparked an interest in religion that lead me to a life long study with a degree in history and the ancient Greek language.

Old 10-12-2013, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
I have told many Baptist \ Calvinist that they are wrong...
Jesus also said it was for salvation but not when it comes to being not saved
"He that believes and is baptized will be saved, he that believes not will be condemned"
but that doesn't mean that they listen to what God revealed even after being shown.
For salvation...but not when it comes to being not saved? How does that work? Is everyone that is baptized saved?

Old 10-12-2013, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Were you aware that in the Hebrew names are a description of the character? Names have value, to remove and replace with a pagan name changes everything.
The name is Eve.
Quote:

Yahuah is Creator, Father.
Actually, a Jew would write it as YHWH. They didn't write the vowels...they were kind of scared to write God's name. I've seen it written as Yahweh...but never Yahuah.

Old 10-12-2013, 05:53 PM

2,898 posts, read 4,404,607 times
Quote:
Actually, Paul states in Romans that through Adam sin entered the world. He seemed to think that it was important what we believed about Adam.
Important... yes, but no more. These are "used" as divisive issues, hense the scripture I provided.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity