Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 05:55 PM

14,955 posts, read 9,790,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMurph View Post
I keep things very simple. I can show that the 'church' does not teach scripture and is therefore a false religion.

What does Adam and Chava (not Eve) have to do with my salvation? Everything.
Because if you don't care enough to study and educate yourself on the ENTIRE word of Yahuah.........salvation is NOT yours.

You dont' know your bible, you just proven that.

Where I was going with the question is- Was Adam and Eve the first people on earth as the church teaches? No, they were not and I can prove it, biblically.
Clearly ... one of us is not a Christian.

Old 10-12-2013, 06:40 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,180,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Important... yes, but no more. These are "used" as divisive issues, hense the scripture I provided.
My apologies, Dave. You seem to be the more grounded one in this argument.

Old 10-12-2013, 09:08 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,180,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
And the point is that each of however many denomination there are claim to be "correct" based on their understanding of whatever standard they may use. Perhaps the problem is the standards used?
I think its definitely the standards used. The people that define the 40,000 "denominations" include any and every group remotely claiming to be Christian. If we applied that same standard we would likely have 35,000 Muslim denominations.

Old 10-12-2013, 09:37 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
For salvation...but not when it comes to being not saved? How does that work?
A concept called:
" but with God all things are possible.”
and
"Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out!"
Jesus said it. therefore either believe it because Jesus always speaks the truth ... or do not believe it and attempt to try to figure it out how.
"He that believes and is baptized will be saved, ... [ Jesus includes baptism here]
he that believes not will be condemned" .............. [ Jesus dos not include baptism here]
Quote:
Is everyone that is baptized saved?
"He that believes and is baptized will be saved, ... [Jesus]
And now what are you waiting for? Get up, be baptized and wash your sins away, calling on his name.’

Notice what baptism does ... the words "wash your sins away"
  • not ... by making your commitment

Old 10-13-2013, 12:58 AM

112 posts, read 117,654 times
Baptism is the washing of sin, Righteousness through REPENTANCE.

One must be aware of what to repent from or of.

Baptism is NOT a practice of the church.

If you have not repented..........you got wet............not baptised.

Baptism of children is a pagan practice and meaningless.

Old 10-13-2013, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Clearly ... one of us is not a Christian.

You are correct, today's christianity is paganism.

Old 10-13-2013, 08:24 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,916,433 times
Quote:
You are correct, today's christianity is paganism.
Has it ever not mean? Think about all the things that Christianity adapted from various pagans.

You know things like Easter time, Christmas time, Christmas trees, fertility symbols like the Easter Bunny, yule logs, and much more.

Old 10-13-2013, 08:38 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,336,151 times
Quote:

Baptism of children is a pagan practice and meaningless.
You need the read the Catechism before became such comments.

The baptism is the gateway to salvation and to be followed by 1st communion and confirmation as a grown up. Nevertheless, the baptism welcomes the infant into the church and the body of Christ.

Old 10-13-2013, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
You need the read the Catechism before became such comments.

The baptism is the gateway to salvation and to be followed by 1st communion and confirmation as a grown up. Nevertheless, the baptism welcomes the infant into the church and the body of Christ.

Laughable.

Matthew 19:14
But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

It's pretty obvious that that Father protects the spirits of children to the age of accountability. The Father does not need man's petty traditions.

Old 10-13-2013, 09:04 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Quote:
I think its definitely the standards used. The people that define the 40,000 "denominations" include any and every group remotely claiming to be Christian. If we applied that same standard we would likely have 35,000 Muslim denominations.
Actually, I was thinking not of standards for declaring denominations, but standards for determining policies, doctrines, conduct and such that go into the decision to split away from an established denomination or to maintain separation. The standard now is what the Bible says and that standard is responsible for almost all of the splits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity