U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 07:32 AM

32,233 posts, read 21,115,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMurph View Post
1 Thessalonians 4:16
For the Lord (Yahshua) himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ (Yahshua) will rise first.

All you have to do is READ what is written

You don't get to make it up as you go along.
If that is the case, why were those entrusted with the oracles of God completely blind as a bat when it came to understanding it?. I have news for you, it is not that simple when it comes to understanding scripture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2013, 07:37 AM

7,559 posts, read 11,898,664 times
Quote:
Grace is NOT an umbrella of forgiveness.........false teaching.
Paul cursed you twice in Galatians 1, but since God is not holding men's sins against them (2 Cor 5:19), neither will I.

A major stumbling block is He, for the law is engrained in our (carnal) minds from birth, and the burden of confession weighs heavily on those still looking at themselves and their performance as they try to please God, not realizing (or accepting) that God has finished the work.

There is a maturity in the walk of faith that actually places all one's hope in the living God, and leaves even the practice of confessing every time a stumble occurs, because of the constant abiding:

Quote:
Let us move beyond the elementary teachings about Christ and be taken forward to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death. (Heb 6:1).
People consumed with their own works will look at that passage and scream "blasphemy!" but they don't understand what it's saying, nor the spirit in which it's given. Looking unto Jesus - as He is, so are we in the earth, crucified with Christ...

...our relationship with the Father is through the Son - it's the law of the Firstborn. His coming to earth and dying for us changed everything.

Old 10-12-2013, 07:48 AM

112 posts, read 94,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
If that is the case, why were those entrusted with the oracles of God completely blind as a bat when it came to understanding it?. I have news for you, it is not that simple when it comes to understanding scripture.

No, it really is that simple.

Moderator cut: deleted

I will grant you that scripture is not meant for everyone to understand, nor is salvation meant for everyone.

Yahuah chooses you, you don't choose Him.

Also, one must avail themselves to the original Hebrew, the understanding of the culture of the day. So in that respect it does take a great deal of study and understanding, but yes, just read it.

Last edited by june 7th; 10-12-2013 at 03:21 PM.. Reason: Please refer to Sticky at top of forum. Attacks on other's beliefs are not permitted.

Old 10-12-2013, 08:13 AM

Quote:
No, it really is that simple.

Moderator cut: Orphaned

I will grant you that scripture is not meant for everyone to understand, nor is salvation meant for everyone.

Yahuah chooses you, you don't choose Him.

Also, one must avail themselves to the original Hebrew, the understanding of the culture of the day. So in that respect it does take a great deal of study and understanding, but yes, just read it.
I'm sorry to have to deflate you about your " I'm one of the chosen" misconceptions. God is no respecter of person. You didn't get lucky and happen to be one of this so called few that you think you belong to, by being chose into it. God chose you, like the rest of us,to know him and to live the abundant life in this life, he did not choose us to compile a bunch of correct doctrines so that we can claim we have the truth, there is no truth in that.

Last edited by june 7th; 10-12-2013 at 03:23 PM..

Old 10-12-2013, 08:52 AM

Quote:
I'm sorry to have to deflate you about your " I'm one of the chosen" misconceptions. God is no respecter of person. You didn't get lucky and happen to be one of this so called few that you think you belong to, by being chose into it. God chose you, like the rest of us,to know him and to live the abundant life in this life, he did not choose us to compile a bunch of correct doctrines so that we can claim we have the truth, there is no truth in that.

John 15:16
Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

Acts 22:14
And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth.

Matthew 24:22

And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

Matthew 22:14
"For many are invited, but few are chosen."

Luke 18:7
And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off?

1 Peter 1:1
Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, To God's elect, exiles scattered throughout the provinces of Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia and Bithynia,

2 Timothy 2:10

For this reason I endure all things for the sake of those who are chosen, so that they also may obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus and with it eternal glory.

And my favorite-

Revelation 12:17
And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God (Yahuah), and have the testimony of Jesus Christ (Yahshua).

Old 10-12-2013, 09:10 AM

Quote:
John 15:16
Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

Acts 22:14
And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth.

Matthew 24:22

And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

Matthew 22:14
"For many are invited, but few are chosen."

Luke 18:7
And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off?

1 Peter 1:1
Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, To God's elect, exiles scattered throughout the provinces of Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia and Bithynia,

2 Timothy 2:10

For this reason I endure all things for the sake of those who are chosen, so that they also may obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus and with it eternal glory.

And my favorite-

Revelation 12:17
And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God (Yahuah), and have the testimony of Jesus Christ (Yahshua).
Yes it is wonderful to know that we are all chosen and loved of the God and Father of all who is in all.

Old 10-12-2013, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Yes it is wonderful to know that we are all chosen and loved of the God and Father of all who is in all.

We are not ALL chosen.

Sorry, but it is written.

Old 10-12-2013, 09:27 AM

Quote:
We are not ALL chosen.

Sorry, but it is written.
Yet God is in ALL and that is in your bible. It is also written that in HIM we live and move and have our being. It is also written that we are HIS offspring. It is also written that HE shall pour out HIS Spirit upon all flesh. It is also written the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD as the waters cover the sea. It is also written for even as in Adam all die, so also in the Christ all shall be made alive.

Old 10-12-2013, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Yet God is in ALL and that is in your bible. It is also written that in HIM we live and move and have our being. It is also written that we are HIS offspring. It is also written that HE shall pour out HIS Spirit upon all flesh. It is also written the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD as the waters cover the sea. It is also written for even as in Adam all die, so also in the Christ all shall be made alive.

Nope.

It is written-

Matthew 7:14
Because narrow is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leads unto life, and few there be that find it.

Old 10-12-2013, 09:35 AM

Luke 13
The Narrow Gate
And He was passing through from one city and village to another, teaching, and proceeding on His way to Jerusalem. 23 And someone said to Him, "Lord, are there just a few who are being saved?" And He said to them, 24,"Strive to enter through the narrow door; for many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able.…
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity