U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 07:31 PM

4,220 posts, read 2,079,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Disturbing, isn't it, Richard. To think all your rule following and law abiding is pointless if you are not acting out of agape love.
"Abide in my love. You will abide in my love if you keep my commandments just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in His love.

The Father who sent me commanded me what to say and how to speak and since I know His commandment is eternal life what I say is spoken just as He instructed me."

"Man does not live by bread alone but by every word from the mouth of God."

"Speak the truth to one another, judge righteously and let honesty and peace be at your gates."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2015, 08:08 PM

27,955 posts, read 15,043,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Disturbing, isn't it, Richard. To think all your rule following and law abiding is pointless if you are not acting out of agape love.
Nope...Because I do it out of love...This is where you fail...I do not hate anyone, I love everyone...It is impossible for me to hate...But, I see that there is something that you are trying to convince yourself of...I do it out of love for G-d and love for humanity...Why do you do it?...

Old 11-18-2015, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
"Abide in my love. You will abide in my love if you keep my commandments just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in His love.

The Father who sent me commanded me what to say and how to speak and since I know His commandment is eternal life what I say is spoken just as He instructed me."

"Man does not live by bread alone but by every word from the mouth of God."

"Speak the truth to one another, judge righteously and let honesty and peace be at your gates."
Interesting...His Commandments are eternal life, this connects with what David said regarding G-d's Torah...What did he say about G-d's Torah?...

Old 11-18-2015, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Interesting...His Commandments are eternal life, this connects with what David said regarding G-d's Torah...What did he say about G-d's Torah?...
He was equating what God told the son of man to speak as God's commandments which is eternal life. Because the word of God is life and will never die as Jesus said that the heavens and the earth will pass away but his words will never pass thus ,eternal life.

Old 11-19-2015, 02:39 PM

Quote:
He was equating what God told the son of man to speak as God's commandments which is eternal life. Because the word of God is life and will never die as Jesus said that the heavens and the earth will pass away but his words will never pass thus ,eternal life.
Uhh...I asked what David said about G-d's Torah, not what Jesus said...

Old 11-19-2015, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Uhh...I asked what David said about G-d's Torah, not what Jesus said...
I knew what you asked but just because you asked doesn't mean you will get an answer. Why don't you put the verses down so I can see.

By the way, why do you leave out the o in God? Looks a little rediculous.

Old 11-19-2015, 07:27 PM

Quote:
I knew what you asked but just because you asked doesn't mean you will get an answer. Why don't you put the verses down so I can see.
No...If you know so much then you should know this...

Quote:
By the way, why do you leave out the o in God? Looks a little rediculous.

Ridiculous you mean...This is supposed to be a Christian trait?...Belittle the way a person does things?...I am sure you know why I do it...

Old 11-19-2015, 09:54 PM

Quote:
No...If you know so much then you should know this...

Ridiculous you mean...This is supposed to be a Christian trait?...Belittle the way a person does things?...I am sure you know why I do it...
David said; "Your righteousness is an everlasting righteousness and your law is the truth."

I quoted it before. So. Do you have another verse in mind? By the way I do not have a thing for knowing more than others. That is not what I am about.

Leaving the o out of God is not respecting His name because that is not His name if that is why you do it.

Old 05-10-2018, 12:07 PM

1 posts, read 127 times
The Law is a measuring stick in this wicky world with Grace abound . Although it is written on your heart , it is also written on paper, being no excuse to search out the Most High. The Laws (antibiotics) were written for the people's health. Poor diet= Poor health. Sabbath day= Spiritual renewal/ physical rest.
The Law vs Bondage
Love Matthew 22:38-40
Freedom Ps.119:45 James 1:25
KNOWLEDGE Hosea 4:6
Wisdom Ps.19:7
Perfect Ps. 19:7
Truth Ps.19:9;119:142,151
Protection Ps. 119.165 Ps.91:4
Healing Deut.7:15 Exo. 15:26
Prosperity Duet 28:8
HOLY, Good, Just Romans 7:12
Spiritual Romans 7:14
Pure Ps. 19:8
Love is an action word and he gave us instruction on how top love Him.
Serve the King with love as He commands.

Old 05-12-2018, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsharon View Post
The Law is a measuring stick in this wicky world with Grace abound . Although it is written on your heart , it is also written on paper, being no excuse to search out the Most High. The Laws (antibiotics) were written for the people's health. Poor diet= Poor health. Sabbath day= Spiritual renewal/ physical rest.
The Law vs Bondage
Love Matthew 22:38-40
Freedom Ps.119:45 James 1:25
KNOWLEDGE Hosea 4:6
Wisdom Ps.19:7
Perfect Ps. 19:7
Truth Ps.19:9;119:142,151
Protection Ps. 119.165 Ps.91:4
Healing Deut.7:15 Exo. 15:26
Prosperity Duet 28:8
HOLY, Good, Just Romans 7:12
Spiritual Romans 7:14
Pure Ps. 19:8
Love is an action word and he gave us instruction on how top love Him.
Serve the King with love as He commands.
Who says its written on your heart?...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity