U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 02:54 PM

1,867 posts, read 1,211,800 times

Advertisements

Under the law is talking about the law by Moses in the first 5 books of the bible----John 8:32 and
John 1:17.

This is exactly talking about the 613 old law ordianances not the Old Testament itself or the 10 commandments nor the 2 greatest commandments.

Keep my commandments is not talking about the 10 commandments only----John 3:5.

Keep my comandments is not talking about the 2 greatest commandments only---1 Timothy 6.

Keep my commandments is not talking about tithing and generousity only----2 Thess. 3:10.

Keep my commandments is not talking about fellowship with everybody---2 Cor. 6:14-17.

Keep my commandments is not talking about prayer ministry to everybody---John 17:9.

Keep my commandments is not talking about evangelism to everybody---Matthew 7:6.

Keep my commandments is not talking about anybody preaching to us---1 Cor. 14:34-35.

Keep my commandments is not talking about testimonies on being a 90% bible believer
only---Matthew 7:21-24.

Keep my commandments is not talking about blood boasting only on how your saved---Romans 6:1.

Keep my commandments is not talking about being optimistic only---John 5:39.

Keep my commandments is not talking about being positive only---Matthew 10:34-37.

Keep my commandments is not talking about naming and claiming what you want
only----Luke 3:14.

Keep my commandments is not talking about having a good name only---Luke 6:26.

Keep my commandments is not talking about the wisdom of man to please God---Romans 7:2-3.

Keep my commandments is not talking about any kind of bread and wine party---1 Peter 4:1-4.

Keep my commandments is not talking about sex after marriage only---1 Timothy 5:9.

Keep my commandments is not talking about consistency with a few holy things
only---John 8:31.

Keep my commandments is not talking about being a peacemaker only---James 5:20.

Keep my commandments is not talking about being meek only---Titus 3:10.

Keep my commandments is not talking about honoring all wisdom---Isaiah 64:6 and Jeremiah 10:23.

Keep my commandments is not talking about loyalty to a nice local pastor only---Matthew 15:14.

Keep my commandments is not talking about Christian education without the bible
ever---1 John 2:27.

Keep my commandments is not talking about minding your own business only---1 Thess. 5:12.

Keep my commandment is not talking about contentment with a good buddy meeting
only---Psalms 133:1 and Amos 3:3.

Keep my commandments is not talking about a philosophical choice on what you believe in
10% of the bible---2 Peter 1:20-21.

Keep my commandments is not talking about being a lover only---1 John 2:15.

Keep my commandments is not talking about a nonbiblical voice being the Holy Spirit
talking sometimes---Romans 10:17.

Keep my commandments is not talking about a big shot or regular person with Jesus being
their bishop over them only---Romans 13:1.

Keep my commandments is not talking about being informed only---2 Timothy 2:15.

Keep my commandments is not talking about declaring Jesus as the Son of God only---John 8:24.

Keep my commandments is not talking about celebrating pagan holidays to honor
God---John 4:24.

Keep my commandments is not talking about any kind of tongue talking doctrine---Romans 11:29.

Keep my commandments is not talking about any kind of tongue talking service--ALL of 1 Cor. 14.

Keep my commandments is not talking about any kind of faith confession---Romans 12:3.

Keep my commandments is not talking about a teacher for anybody to understand Jesus and
Christianity well----2 Cor. 4:3.

Keep my commandments is not talking about centering your life with the wisdom of man
today---Psalms 119:105 and John 14:26 and Jeremiah 10:23 and Acts 17:28.

Keep my commandments is talking about centering your life with the wisdom of God
only---Matthew 4:4 and Luke 4:4.

Keep my commandments is not talking about 90% of the bible by God to us---2 Timothy 3:16 and
Matthew 5:17-20 and Romans 10:2-3.

Keep my comandments is not talking about any kind of wedding and funeral and attire arrangement----1 Peter 3:3.

Keep my commandments is not talking about praising the dead by saying where they spendiing eternal time---Psalms 107:2.

Time to reshape history and attract 100% bible believers together ONLY----Matthew 5:6 and
Amos 3:3 and Psalms 133:1 and John 17:21.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2013, 03:06 PM

4,411 posts, read 4,062,796 times
Folks love to take this verse out of context and use it against others.

John 14:15
Jesus Promises Another Helper

15 “If you love Me, keep My commandments.
==========

When Jesus said if you Love me you will keep my commandments, what were his commandments??? Lets look at every example

John 13
34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. 35 By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

and

John 15:10-14
10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.

11 “These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full. 12 This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. 14 You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.

and

1 John 3:23
23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us[a] commandment.

and

1 John 4:21
21 And this commandment we have from Him: that he who loves God must love his brother also.

and

2 John 1:4-6
Walk in Christ’s Commandments

4 I rejoiced greatly that I have found some of your children walking in truth, as we received commandment from the Father. 5 And now I plead with you, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment to you, but that which we have had from the beginning: that we love one another. 6 This is love, that we walk according to His commandments. This is the commandment, that as you have heard from the beginning, you should walk in it.

So there we have it folks, 5 different examples that's Jesus commandments are to:
-Love God
-Love One Another as Jesus loved us, so people will know we are his disciples
-And that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ

So if we are loving God will all our mind soul and strength, loving each other, and believe Jesus died on the cross for your sins, WE ARE FOLLOWING JESUS COMMANDMENTS.

Old 10-07-2013, 03:09 PM

473 posts, read 615,941 times
He put our sins in remission and took away the right for anyone to judge us by the law--He took away the law and asked that out of love, and respect for Him and what He did for us, that we pay Him back if we love Him and obey from the heart. He wrote the commandments upon our hearts. What we do is for Love and not just for obedience. Love is perfected in forgiveness and charity. He forgave and has allowed us time to show our appreciation to Him.
Yeshua Bless You

Old 10-07-2013, 11:36 PM

503 posts, read 412,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
When Jesus said if you Love me you will keep my commandments, what were his commandments??? Lets look at every example

John 13
34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. 35 By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

and

10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.

and

. 5 And now I plead with you, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment to you, but that which we have had from the beginning: that we love one another. .

Leviticus 19:34
But the stranger that dwells with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.

Old 10-08-2013, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwood View Post
Leviticus 19:34
But the stranger that dwells with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.

Yes, Jesus was repeating a old commandment, but people like to abuse the "If you love me you will keep my commandments" and make it seem like Jesus is referring to the law of Moses.

Jesus said keep HIS commandments and his commands are to love God, love one another and believe in him and there are many scriptures to back that those were his commands as I listed.

Old 10-08-2013, 03:36 PM

473 posts, read 615,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Yes, Jesus was repeating a old commandment, but people like to abuse the "If you love me you will keep my commandments" and make it seem like Jesus is referring to the law of Moses.

Jesus said keep HIS commandments and his commands are to love God, love one another and believe in him and there are many scriptures to back that those were his commands as I listed.
Jesus listed ALL the commandments in the new testament--all of them, and said to keep them.

Yeshua Bless You

Old 10-08-2013, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila Renae View Post
Jesus listed ALL the commandments in the new testament--all of them, and said to keep them.

Yeshua Bless You

Here are the commands he listed over and over and he said what his commands were.

John 14:15
Jesus Promises Another Helper

15 “If you love Me, keep My commandments.
==========

John 13

and

11 “These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full. 12 This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. 14 You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.

and

1 John 3:23
23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us[a] commandment.

and

1 John 4:21
21 And this commandment we have from Him: that he who loves God must love his brother also.

and

Walk in Christ’s Commandments

4 I rejoiced greatly that I have found some of your children walking in truth, as we received commandment from the Father. 5 And now I plead with you, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment to you, but that which we have had from the beginning: that we love one another. 6 This is love, that we walk according to His commandments. This is the commandment, that as you have heard from the beginning, you should walk in it.

Jesus never once commanded anyone to keep the Sabbath. He might have turned over tables for the things they were doing in the temple, but there is not one verse in the entire NT in which Jesus, Paul or the Apostles say if you dont keep the Sabbath, you will not inherit the kingdom of heaven. Not turning this into a Sabbath debate, so back to the topic at hand: Jesus commands were to Love one another and the said him self the whole bible is summed up as Loving God and Loving one another.

Old 10-08-2013, 04:36 PM

20,203 posts, read 12,113,035 times
all things are permissible but not expedient.., we cannot and are unable to keep all the laws but the main commandmente were about love and this is what she showed us. anything with out it-- is? clank clank

Old 10-08-2013, 09:37 PM

16,260 posts, read 7,650,467 times
During His ministry, Jesus used commandments of the Law as a guage of righteousness in His teaching, however, He also said that the commandments are summed up or completed in the two, the point being that the spirit that animated the individual Laws was to be observed thought the letter was not perfect in that the Law did not address what was really important: NOT actions, but motivations. The Law was not to be destroyed, but fulfilled and it is fulfilled in the New Commandment that animates the New Covenant. This is why we consider not the laws themselves, but the spirit that they were intended to convey. A better translation of the intent of the quoted passage would be "Do as I have taught you" rather than "keep my commandments."

Old 10-08-2013, 10:14 PM

670 posts, read 668,315 times
Jesus said keep my commandments because he meant for us to follow his teachings.
If you would like to read a pure version of the gospel read the Didache which predates the four gospels in the mainstream Christian bible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity