U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-17-2016, 12:56 PM
 
4,220 posts, read 2,079,981 times
Reputation: 220

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
It's already been proven. Simply read post #8.
You have a false understanding. Through the word of God everything came to be. The son of God is the word of God but just as Israel is more than one individual and God says Israel is His son, by the same token the son of man is more than one individual. This has already been proven but no one cares to accept it. They just try to explain it away to their own destruction.

Jesus said that the Father is greater than Him. If the Father is greater than Him then He was not God but god little g, Son of God and prophet of the Most High.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-17-2016, 01:19 PM
 
21,829 posts, read 16,682,806 times
Reputation: 8661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
You have a false understanding. Through the word of God everything came to be. The son of God is the word of God but just as Israel is more than one individual and God says Israel is His son, by the same token the son of man is more than one individual. This has already been proven but no one cares to accept it. They just try to explain it away to their own destruction.

Jesus said that the Father is greater than Him. If the Father is greater than Him then He was not God but god little g, Son of God and prophet of the Most High.
It has been shown from the scriptures (again, refer to post #8) that Jesus is indeed God. While there is an authority structure within the Godhead, in terms of essence or nature, Jesus has the same qualities as the Father. Also, from another perspective, Jesus, speaking from the standpoint of His humanity could truthfully say that the Father was greater than Him without negating the fact that as God Jesus is co-equal and co-eternal with the Father.

I don't expect that you will understand this however because you do have some serious issues, what with you having a messiah complex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2016, 01:48 PM
 
Location: arizona ... most of the time
11,826 posts, read 10,167,278 times
Reputation: 1308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
I'm not sure what you are saying. Jesus said to follow Him. In other words, follow His example. That is why He said "as the Father sent me so I send you." doing as He did is what makes an individual perfect and Holy.
What I'm saying is that the way you phrased it puts all\some of the credit on the individual effort, which that is just not so. (without getting too technical)

In the OT God ultimately did, certainly not because Israel's aptitude to follow God's decrees and laws :
"... so you may know that I am the Lord, who makes you holy"
"...
I am the Lord, who makes you holy."
What made the OT believer holy was trust in the promise by God through the sacrifices preformed by the priests.

In the NT, Jesus ultimately does since he is the Great High Priest:
"For by one sacrifice he [Jesus] has made perfect forever those who are being made holy."
Therefore since only God did in the OT and only Jesus does in the NT, that means Jesus is God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2016, 09:26 PM
 
4,220 posts, read 2,079,981 times
Reputation: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
It has been shown from the scriptures (again, refer to post #8) that Jesus is indeed God. While there is an authority structure within the Godhead, in terms of essence or nature, Jesus has the same qualities as the Father. Also, from another perspective, Jesus, speaking from the standpoint of His humanity could truthfully say that the Father was greater than Him without negating the fact that as God Jesus is co-equal and co-eternal with the Father.

I don't expect that you will understand this however because you do have some serious issues, what with you having a messiah complex.
Post #8 proves your misunderstanding along with those you follow but certainly I do not mean Jesus whom you dishonor.

The only way the son of God is equal to the Father is by the life of the Father given to the son.

Just as the Father has life so too do I have life because of Him. Anyone who feeds on me will have life because of me.

I have already proven with real scripture that the Messiah is more than one. Unless you come to believe I am he you will surely die in your sin.

"The Lord is the strength of His people, the saving refuge of His anointed."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2016, 10:52 PM
 
Location: US
27,956 posts, read 15,047,299 times
Reputation: 1734
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
What I'm saying is that the way you phrased it puts all\some of the credit on the individual effort, which that is just not so. (without getting too technical)

In the OT God ultimately did, certainly not because Israel's aptitude to follow God's decrees and laws :
"... so you may know that I am the Lord, who makes you holy"
"...
I am the Lord, who makes you holy."
What made the OT believer holy was trust in the promise by God through the sacrifices preformed by the priests.

In the NT, Jesus ultimately does since he is the Great High Priest:
"For by one sacrifice he [Jesus] has made perfect forever those who are being made holy."
Therefore since only God did in the OT and only Jesus does in the NT, that means Jesus is God.
That would be good if you actually understood you OT...But since your OT has been edited, you should read the Tanakh to really understand what it says...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2016, 11:14 PM
 
4,220 posts, read 2,079,981 times
Reputation: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
What I'm saying is that the way you phrased it puts all\some of the credit on the individual effort, which that is just not so. (without getting too technical)

In the OT God ultimately did, certainly not because Israel's aptitude to follow God's decrees and laws :
"... so you may know that I am the Lord, who makes you holy"
"...
I am the Lord, who makes you holy."
What made the OT believer holy was trust in the promise by God through the sacrifices preformed by the priests.

In the NT, Jesus ultimately does since he is the Great High Priest:
"For by one sacrifice he [Jesus] has made perfect forever those who are being made holy."
Therefore since only God did in the OT and only Jesus does in the NT, that means Jesus is God.
You say it yourself. The word of God makes the user holy because as Jesus said God is spirit and spirit is the word of God. So it is by the word of God that one is made holy.

"God is spirit and those who worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth."

God's word is truth. Worship God and spread His word.

"Man does not live by bread alone but by every word from the mouth of God."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2016, 03:51 AM
 
8,101 posts, read 7,070,273 times
Reputation: 1433
Jesus was numbered with the transgressors as He would equal with people He would eventually redeem of sin , so Jesus told His disciple to buy two swords , which Jesus said it is because be would be numbered with the transgressors ......from Luke 22:37....Mark 15:28.....Isaiah 53:12..........................Then Jesus did sin against the law of Moses , as he was on the cross to long which was illegal , braking the law of Moses which became useless to the coming Messiah Jesus ... Galatians 3:13 ......Jesus was became a curse of the law
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2016, 08:37 AM
 
537 posts, read 323,634 times
Reputation: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesigns64 View Post
Yes Jesus was sinless. But remember he was not without temptation.

He was tempted like you a me, because he was in the flesh. Yet he remained sinless.
Yes he was human...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2016, 08:48 AM
 
Location: arizona ... most of the time
11,826 posts, read 10,167,278 times
Reputation: 1308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
You say it yourself. The word of God makes the user holy because as Jesus said God is spirit and spirit is the word of God. So it is by the word of God that one is made holy.

"God is spirit and those who worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth."

God's word is truth. Worship God and spread His word.

"Man does not live by bread alone but by every word from the mouth of God."

"and the word became flesh and dwelt among us."


Jesus was sinless because God is sinless, therefore Jesus is God.
That is why Jesus is worshiped in Revelation all the way to the wise men.

p.s. Jesus is not some lower ranking subservient God among multiple Gods since there is only but one God.

Last edited by twin.spin; 06-18-2016 at 09:05 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2016, 09:04 AM
 
Location: arizona ... most of the time
11,826 posts, read 10,167,278 times
Reputation: 1308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
That would be good if you actually understood you OT...But since your OT has been edited, you should read the Tanakh to really understand what it says...
Ever heard the phrase "the lying pen of the scribes" ....
Recommendation: you should discard your copy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top