U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2016, 04:02 PM

921 posts, read 625,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila Renae View Post
This is for those who think that He wasn't. Most of us know who He is and that He was sinless.

If Jesus were just a man, then He fully believed that someone guided Him in all the ways to be sinless---hence He would be a sinless innocent and the one who led Him would be guilty.

If Jesus were God in the flesh---hence God is sinless.

Since all mankind are fallen--Jesus is our God who walked among men or else there would have been a sinless man.

Yeshua Bless You
Post#2 provides some key scriptures to answer the question was Jesus sinless.

However to say Jesus was sinless and therefore is God is not in accordance with what Jesus said about himself (it seems to me that most important is what Jesus said about himself and not what is said about him).

John 14:28, "The father is greater than I"

John 20:17, 18, "Jesus said to her: “Stop clinging to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father and to my God and your God."

John 1:6, "I have made your name manifest to the men you gave me out of the world." Whose name? his own?

Mark 13:32, "Concerning that day or the hour nobody knows, neither the angels in heaven nor the Son, but the Father." If Jesus is God why is the end not known by him?

The Greek Scriptures were written in Koine Greek and many Bibles translate John 1:1-3, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." One of the characteristics of Koine Greek is the lack of the indefinite article a, or an. Of interest is the Sahidic translation of this verse for two reasons. The first is the Sahidic translation of this verse represents an understanding of this scripture prior to the Trinitarian doctrine that arose in the fourth century as the Sahidic translations were already in use around the third century and were based on very early Greek manuscripts. Second the Sahidic language made use of articles such as a and an thus John 1:3 was translated as the word was a God (or divine). The Sahidic translators were working with Koine Greek language which was a living language at the time and not a long dead form of Greek that modern day scholars now must work with. These ancient translators would have known how to translate that scripture and had the available indefinite articles to use in the translation. However, they didn't because that is not how they understood the scripture. No scholar today would be the equal of a translator back then.

1 Corinthians 15: 24-28, " Then comes the end, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father, after he has destroyed every ruler and every authority and power. 25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death. 27 For “God has put all things in subjection under his feet.” But when it says, “All things are put in subjection,” it is plain that this does not include the one who put all things in subjection under him. 28 When all things are subjected to him, then the Son himself will also be subjected to the one who put all things in subjection under him, so that God may be all in all."

Paul is very clear with respect to the resurrected Jesus who is now the Christ and is the King of God's Kingdom as the true relationship between God and Christ. Without interpretation the scripture is clear that Christ has all in subjection under him with ONE exception (see verse 27). And, that when Christ has subjugated all enemies under him it is the Christ who subjects himself to the ONE who put all things in subjection to him (verse 28).

I truly believe that divine truths cannot contradict each other. So when we have Scriptures that seemingly contradict each other it is important for us to carefully examine the Scriptures and ensure that what we are taught (doctrine, creeds, etc) are in accordance with God's Word.

For Christians the Christ is many things including the means to salvation but I'll take Jesus at his word in that there is one Almighty God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2016, 04:51 PM

9,984 posts, read 6,761,808 times
Jesus was both God and Man.
Son of God (begotten not made), and Son of Man.

He had to be God, to save us.
We can't save ourselves. We never could.
So God became Man to right the wrong that we caused.
It had to be a human effort, as Christ's was...
but its origin had to be God's, as we are only created beings
we do not decide what is right and what is wrong.. that was
the mistake we made that had to be undone.

Here's a solid, long essay about why Jesus accepted His Death
and knew He was sent to die in the Incarnation. It offers the
perspectives of why He had to die, Roman view, Jewish view,
Jesus's view, and Apostles view.
Why Did Jesus Have to Die?

When He returns, it will be much different.. to Judge and Kill, not to Save.
Jesus will kill ? Yes. He will kill.

Old 06-18-2016, 06:14 PM

5,133 posts, read 2,529,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila Renae View Post
This is for those who think that He wasn't. Most of us know who He is and that He was sinless.
If Jesus were just a man, then He fully believed that someone guided Him in all the ways to be sinless---hence He would be a sinless innocent and the one who led Him would be guilty.
If Jesus were God in the flesh---hence God is sinless.
Since all mankind are fallen--Jesus is our God who walked among men or else there would have been a sinless man.
Yeshua Bless You
Since God led and guided Jesus according to John 6:38; John 8:28 then how could God be guilty ?
Where did Jesus teach that he was our God ?

Old 06-18-2016, 06:22 PM

5,133 posts, read 2,529,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
When He returns, it will be much different.. to Judge and Kill, not to Save.
Jesus will kill ? Yes. He will kill.
True, the words from Jesus' mouth will execute - Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:11,14-16
However, aren't the humble ' sheep ' of Matthew 25:31-33,37 ' saved ' ?
The ones who come through the coming great tribulation of Revelation 7:14 are ' saved ' - Isaiah 26:20
As Jesus taught that humble meek people will inherit the Earth - Matthew 5:5; Psalm 37:11,29
So, there will be a great crowd of people who will be ' saved/delivered/rescued ' through Revelation 7:14 and remain alive on Earth to see Day One of Jesus coming 1,000-year governmental rulership over Earth.- Revelation 22:2

Old 06-18-2016, 07:34 PM

27,956 posts, read 15,047,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Ever heard the phrase "the lying pen of the scribes" ....
Recommendation: you should discard your copy.
Oh...so your edited version has the truth?....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or