U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 01:02 PM

11,253 posts, read 11,270,617 times

Advertisements

None of the naysayers addressed my point that the dead who choose to communicate with us speak very reverently of Jesus. How can a demon even speak Jesus' name. According to the Bible they flee at the name of Jesus, which is why any Christian can confidently say, "Begone, in the name of Jesus" and they will be gone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2013, 01:04 PM

9,806 posts, read 6,731,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
But Jesus was not present in the bread, nor did he tell us he had to be re-sacrificed....err....re-presented daily. Yes--we should partake of the Lord's Supper. By doing so we are declaring his death, burial and resurrection...but he is not physically present in that bread.
Jesus said, this is my body.

BTW, can I ask you a few questions?

Are you aware that the issue of Intercession and Invocation of the Saints goes back to early Christianity?

Are you aware that the Catholic Church decided which books to include in the canon of the NT?

Why are you unable to celebrate the differences between religions?

Old 10-09-2013, 01:10 PM

19,950 posts, read 13,631,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Jesus said, this is my body.

BTW, can I ask you a few questions?

Are you aware that the issue of Intercession and Invocation of the Saints goes back to early Christianity?
If you can show me a verse that points to us praying to someone other than God, I'm open to it.
Quote:

Are you aware that the Catholic Church decided which books to include in the canon of the NT?
No....not really. God did.
Quote:
Why are you unable to celebrate the differences between religions?
There are things that God has said are wrong. Often these "differences" as you say, are things God told us not to do--or they go against what God commanded.

Why would you want to promote something that God has said is bad?

Old 10-09-2013, 01:14 PM

11,253 posts, read 11,270,617 times
Hello??? Can anyone address my last point?

Good grief. I've been ostracized on my own thread.

Old 10-09-2013, 01:43 PM

21,870 posts, read 16,702,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
None of the naysayers addressed my point that the dead who choose to communicate with us speak very reverently of Jesus. How can a demon even speak Jesus' name. According to the Bible they flee at the name of Jesus, which is why any Christian can confidently say, "Begone, in the name of Jesus" and they will be gone.
How can a demon even speak Jesus' name, you ask? Pretty much as follows!!!

Matthew 8:28 When He came to the other side into the country of the Gadarenes, two men who were demon-possessed met Him as they were coming out of the tombs. They were so extremely violent that no one could pass by that way. 29] And they cried out, saying, ''What business do we have with each other, Son of God? Have you come here to torment us before the time?''

Luke 4:33 In the synagogue there was a man possessed by the spirit of an unclean demon, and he cried out with a loud voice, 34] ''Let us alone! What business do we have with each other, Jesus of Nazareth? Have You come to destroy us? I know who You are, the Holy One of God!'' 35] But Jesus rebuked him, saying, ''Be quiet and come out of him?'' And when the demon had thrown him down in the midst of the people, he came out of him without doing him any harm.

Old 10-09-2013, 01:50 PM

25,829 posts, read 13,421,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
How can a demon even speak Jesus' name, you ask? Pretty much as follows!!!

Matthew 8:28 When He came to the other side into the country of the Gadarenes, two men who were demon-possessed met Him as they were coming out of the tombs. They were so extremely violent that no one could pass by that way. 29] And they cried out, saying, ''What business do we have with each other, Son of God? Have you come here to torment us before the time?''

Luke 4:33 In the synagogue there was a man possessed by the spirit of an unclean demon, and he cried out with a loud voice, 34] ''Let us alone! What business do we have with each other, Jesus of Nazareth? Have You come to destroy us? I know who You are, the Holy One of God!'' 35] But Jesus rebuked him, saying, ''Be quiet and come out of him?'' And when the demon had thrown him down in the midst of the people, he came out of him without doing him any harm.
Yeah, I guess that cinches it.

Old 10-09-2013, 02:18 PM

19,950 posts, read 13,631,972 times
Quote:
2 Cor 11:14 "And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light."

Old 10-09-2013, 02:42 PM
Zur

949 posts, read 649,226 times
Quote:
This is quite easily disproved. No demon can possible be in the presence of Jesus' name. We all know that. This video proves it.

Man Possessed By Gay Demon WTF! - YouTube

Ok, just kidding--I love that video. Academy award-winning performance.

Seriously,

Now if these so-called demons are speaking Jesus' name and with great reverence and even adoration in some cases how can they possibly be demons?
The question if a demon can speak the name of Jesus and call Him the Holy one of God is solved in Mar 1:24. I have seen demons and angels of God with my spiritual eyes, the unseen world is real. We wrestle not with flesh and blood but with the principalities in heavenly places. But I understand that the carnal mind cannot understand spiritual things. Even the RCC says there exorcists have thousands that are tormented by demons and this are Catholics. But then they say in special cases Catholics can go to a medium to contact the dead. This is against the bible and can cause such torments.
The fallen angels (and maybe a false Jesus) will soon appear (and the RCC is involved with them) and want to help us to bring peace in this earthly chaos, do not be deceived, the devil comes as an angel of light. Jesus said deception and false prophets and messiahs come in His name.

Old 10-09-2013, 02:47 PM

25,829 posts, read 13,421,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zur View Post
The question if a demon can speak the name of Jesus and call Him the Holy one of God is solved in Mar 1:24. I have seen demons and angels of God with my spiritual eyes, the unseen world is real. We wrestle not with flesh and blood but with the principalities in heavenly places. But I understand that the carnal mind cannot understand spiritual things. Even the RCC says there exorcists have thousands that are tormented by demons and this are Catholics. But then they say in special cases Catholics can go to a medium to contact the dead. This is again against the bible.
The fallen angels (and maybe a false Jesus) will soon appear (and the RCC is involved with them) and want to help us to bring peace in this earthly chaos, do not be deceived, the devil comes as an angel of light. Jesus said deception and false prophets and messiah come in His name.
It amazes me that you folks manage to sleep at all, what with all these things you're afraid of.

Old 10-09-2013, 03:07 PM

9,806 posts, read 6,731,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
If you can show me a verse that points to us praying to someone other than God, I'm open to it.
You are a sola scriptura person. Your view of good is limited to a collection of books. Nevertheless, the Christian fathers venerated the saints. You forget that the Catholic Church uses other sources besides the Bible. The Church is guided by the Holy Spirit and there are things that cannot be found in the Bible. Lastly, the Bible did not record the entire word of God.

Quote:
No....not really. God did.
Sorry, you can look this up. There were various councils in the 4th century that created the canon of the NT. That is a historical fact.

Quote:
There are things that God has said are wrong. Often these "differences" as you say, are things God told us not to do--or they go against what God commanded.

Why would you want to promote something that God has said is bad?
God is not narrow minded. God has allowed Christians to pray to the saints and the Virgin since the onset of Christianity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity