U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 09:17 AM

9,769 posts, read 6,727,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zur View Post
The RCC is not nor was my church, I am Catholic, Protestant, Baptist, Pentecost and Charismatic in my faith. My foundation is a relationship with Jesus Christ, led by the Holy Spirit and obeying the word of God.
According to the catechism, you are a catholic, I agree. BTW, you are also saved according the RCC.

Quote:
Your faith is very much influenced from a religious brainwash as a child, that blinds you to the truth. Jesus Christ did not founded any church, when He walked on earth. His church was the synagogue. The Holy Spirit came and the original church was founded, but this was not the RCC. She was founded in the 4th century under Constantin not by the power of the Holy Spirit but by the Roman worldly power. Many conversions were forced, no faith was necessary. Baptism saved them by becoming members of the RCC, that is another gospel.

The Catholic Church was not Roman until the conversion of Constantine in the early 300s. The very first thing Constantine did was to provide funds to build Saint Peters upon the tomb of the chief apostle Peter. Why would Constantine provide funds to build Saint peters as soon as he converted. That is because the Church was apostolic and considered Peter the first leader of the church and the Apostle that received the keys from Jesus. SO the church was CC until Constantine when it became RCC.

Quote:
Later Mary became co- redeemer with Christ, what the RCC made out of Mary every one can read from former Catholics, they know it better than I do.
I am glad you ask. Mary IS NO GOD. Mary is honored in the RCC and many have devotion to the Virgin. And many ask the Virgin to pray for us. It is really, no bg deal.

Quote:
Demons are real, there are too many that can witness this fact. I have seen them with my natural eyes, that means they manifested physical and also with my spiritual eyes that means the Holy Spirit showed me them for a purpose. Only witches see them all the time, and they fight each other.
You lost me here. If you saw one you probably imagined that. What do they look like?

Quote:
I am not celebrating Christmas nor Easter. If anyone does it is OK with me. But for the truth I celebrate not the pagan feast of the RCC, but the feasts of the Lord in the bible. Jesus Christ was crucified on the 14th of Nisan and rose 3 days and 3 nights later on the 17th of Nisan, and that has nothing to do with Good Friday nor resurrection Sunday, another fraud of the RCC.

OK, if you do not celebrate Xmas and easter.

Do you do the Eucharist?

Quote:
I hope His grace is greater than the ignorance of believers, but that is just hope, better to pray that God opens the eyes of the blind.
No one can know God, so by definition we are all ignorant. God is a mystery.

If God is merciful he understands our ignorant views.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2013, 01:07 PM

11,240 posts, read 11,262,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Can you describe the demons? How big are they? Is it true they have horns and are red in color? DO they have a tail? What language do they speak? What sort of powers do they have over you?
Yes, please do, allen. I second Julian's request not as a challenge but because I really want to know what sort of encounter you had. I'm flexible enough in my thinking to realign my beliefs if enough proof is presented to me. But I have not read of a single agnostic or atheist who has had a verified clinical death in hospital setting (no heartbeat; no brainwaves--I'm not talking about the Mary K Baxter-type of rubbish, nor am I referring to the kooks who put these videos on YouTube of their trips-to-hell-alone-in-their-bedrooms) having a vision of satan, or demons, or flames or hell. It's just not there. And I am not going to argue with an estimated 1,000,000 people who have reported these experiences to their doctors and scientific investigators after being declared clinically dead who claim they never saw a demon, or satan, or hell, or fire, or felt pain and torment.

Until 1,000,000 people come forward with such claims of demons under the same clinical circumstances as the 1,000,000 who have already come forward saying there are no demons, satan, hell or fire, then I will go with the empirical evidence. And that empirical evidence overwhelming puts the lie to these claims of demons. I reiterate: based on the empirical evidence we have

THERE ARE NO SUCH THINGS AS DEMONS. THEY ARE AN INVENTION OF THE CLERGY USED FOR POLITICAL AND RELIGIOUS PURPOSES, NOTHING MORE.

Old 10-13-2013, 02:03 PM

400 posts, read 452,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Yes, please do, allen. I second Julian's request not as a challenge but because I really want to know what sort of encounter you had. I'm flexible enough in my thinking to realign my beliefs if enough proof is presented to me. But I have not read of a single agnostic or atheist who has had a verified clinical death in hospital setting (no heartbeat; no brainwaves--I'm not talking about the Mary K Baxter-type of rubbish, nor am I referring to the kooks who put these videos on YouTube of their trips-to-hell-alone-in-their-bedrooms) having a vision of satan, or demons, or flames or hell. It's just not there. And I am not going to argue with an estimated 1,000,000 people who have reported these experiences to their doctors and scientific investigators after being declared clinically dead who claim they never saw a demon, or satan, or hell, or fire, or felt pain and torment.

Until 1,000,000 people come forward with such claims of demons under the same clinical circumstances as the 1,000,000 who have already come forward saying there are no demons, satan, hell or fire, then I will go with the empirical evidence. And that empirical evidence overwhelming puts the lie to these claims of demons. I reiterate: based on the empirical evidence we have

THERE ARE NO SUCH THINGS AS DEMONS. THEY ARE AN INVENTION OF THE CLERGY USED FOR POLITICAL AND RELIGIOUS PURPOSES, NOTHING MORE.
Read these accounts:
DEVIL

http://www.experienceproject.com/sto...holic)/1587294

Then read about:
St. John Vianney
St. Benedict
St. Gemma Galgani
http://pwsm-ri.org/Paranormal%20in%2...the-Devil.html

Think about this. Why would Satan and his minions be interested in unbelievers? He's already won.

See ya thrillobyte!

Last edited by bartstarr1960; 10-13-2013 at 03:32 PM..

Old 10-13-2013, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartstarr1960 View Post
Read these accounts:
DEVIL

A Priest Who Saw Heaven, Hell And Purgatory : I Am Christian (roman Catholic) Story & Experience

Then read about:
St. John Vianney
St. Benedict
St. Gemma Galgani
Saints Who Confronted the Devil

Think about this. Why would Satan and his minions be interested in unbelievers? He's already won.

See ya thrillobyte!
You prove my point, bart. There are no unbelievers around here so my theisis doesn't affect them. If satan is only after believers and this room is chock full of believers then every single person in here sould have a horror story to tell about their fight with a demon. I issued a challenge.

How many people in here have had even a remote encounter with a demon or knows of someone. No one came forward. Allen mentioned something about it but upon two requests to give the details, he apparently declined. This only proves my point. Christians know nothing of demons because they've never seen one. Non-believers? Well they couldn't care less. 0 + 0 = 0.

Old 10-13-2013, 05:32 PM

25,805 posts, read 13,413,199 times
Quote:
You prove my point, bart. There are no unbelievers around here so my theisis doesn't affect them. If satan is only after believers and this room is chock full of believers then every single person in here sould have a horror story to tell about their fight with a demon. I issued a challenge.

How many people in here have had even a remote encounter with a demon or knows of someone. No one came forward. Allen mentioned something about it but upon two requests to give the details, he apparently declined. This only proves my point. Christians know nothing of demons because they've never seen one. Non-believers? Well they couldn't care less. 0 + 0 = 0.
I agree.

Demons are as human-created as most gods. They are manifestations of our fears - and in the gods' case - our hopes.

Old 10-13-2013, 08:21 PM

16,263 posts, read 7,652,430 times
But.....but....what about the Blair witch?????

Old 10-13-2013, 11:12 PM

6,435 posts, read 9,955,147 times
Quote:
Can you describe the demons? How big are they? Is it true they have horns and are red in color? DO they have a tail? What language do they speak? What sort of powers do they have over you?
I don't know because I didn't see them. If you do a search online or go to some paranormal forums, there are many people that have literally seen them and what they look like and describe in detail. From what I've heard and read, they come in all shapes and sizes.

Old 10-13-2013, 11:39 PM

6,435 posts, read 9,955,147 times
Quote:
Yes, please do, allen. I second Julian's request not as a challenge but because I really want to know what sort of encounter you had.
I was attacked during my sleep. I was having nightmares and an episode of sleep paralysis. There were demons involved in this dream (I don't remember what they looked like) and they attacked me in this dream and one of them scratched my skin. All of a sudden, I woke up in shock and pain. I could literally feel a stinging painful cut on my shoulder. I surveyed all around my bed and room to see if there was any kind of pointy object that would done that. Absolutely nothing. Everything on my bed was soft. And no one else was in the room. It was locked. I knew then that I knew I was attacked. I have never in my life woke up from a dream where I could feel the physical pain attached to what happened in that dream. So I ended up praying and leaving it at that. I didn't even look at the cut to see if I had a mark because I was too scared and I could feel it. I knew I was attacked by a demon because during that time, I was getting really close to God. And the devil gets angry when you do that because it ruins his plans for your destruction. I knew angels had intervened on my behalf because it could have been worse. I have heard all types of horrible encounters people have had with demons. So I was very blessed. And there have been other moments too. But I'm not going to write a book.

Quote:
I'm flexible enough in my thinking to realign my beliefs if enough proof is presented to me. But I have not read of a single agnostic or atheist who has had a verified clinical death in hospital setting (no heartbeat; no brainwaves--I'm not talking about the Mary K Baxter-type of rubbish, nor am I referring to the kooks who put these videos on YouTube of their trips-to-hell-alone-in-their-bedrooms) having a vision of satan, or demons, or flames or hell.
That is a lie. Many many atheist and agnostics have posted their stories and REAL clinical deaths all over the internet, in books, and on tv shows. You have simply chosen not to believe them. No one can convince you of something you've chosen not to believe.

Quote:
Until 1,000,000 people come forward with such claims of demons under the same clinical circumstances as the 1,000,000 who have already come forward saying there are no demons, satan, hell or fire, then I will go with the empirical evidence.
That's ridiculous. So your only willing to believe if the circumstances fit your approval? Then you won't believe anything. Empirical evidence - used in this context - is nothing more than your own personal bias and opinion.

Quote:
Again, this is what you choose to believe. Not what is actually true. Plenty of people who aren't Christians and Catholics that have seen demons. Just go to any supernatural or paranormal forum on the internet. There are special sections dedicated to people who have had encounters with these beings.

Old 10-14-2013, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
But.....but....what about the Blair witch?????
Made a pile of dough (50+ million dollars) on a 5,000 budget. "Hell" of a profit, but of course the "devil" is in the details.

Old 10-14-2013, 04:53 AM
Zur

949 posts, read 649,059 times
Quote:
According to the catechism, you are a catholic, I agree. BTW, you are also saved according the RCC.

The Catholic Church was not Roman until the conversion of Constantine in the early 300s. The very first thing Constantine did was to provide funds to build Saint Peters upon the tomb of the chief apostle Peter. Why would Constantine provide funds to build Saint peters as soon as he converted. That is because the Church was apostolic and considered Peter the first leader of the church and the Apostle that received the keys from Jesus. SO the church was CC until Constantine when it became RCC.

I am glad you ask. Mary IS NO GOD. Mary is honored in the RCC and many have devotion to the Virgin. And many ask the Virgin to pray for us. It is really, no bg deal.

You lost me here. If you saw one you probably imagined that. What do they look like?

OK, if you do not celebrate Xmas and easter.

Do you do the Eucharist?

No one can know God, so by definition we are all ignorant. God is a mystery.

If God is merciful he understands our ignorant views.
My catholic faith is related to the Apostolic church fathers, not to the RCC, here we may differ. There was already a difference with Rome in the 2. century and the apostolic faith (Polycarp, Polycrates, Quartodecimans in Asia Minor).

In another thread clear lens made it clear, that the RCC is not the original church, the Holy Spirit created. I agree with him.

You do not understand what an Idol is. It can be your church, pastor or anything you adore more than God. The Queen of Heaven in the OT was also not a God, but was adored by the Jews and the God of Israel is a jealous God and the judgement was severe. BTW this goddess has many names, one is Venus, the goddess of love.

God opened my eyes for the spiritual word in 1980 and I have only seen 3 demons in their bodyly form. One was like a human person but over 3 meter high. The other 2 were strange, like a human with an animal head. With my spiritual eyes I see them as shadows, but also very seldom, they have different seizes, they can be also in form of an animal. I never had an conversation with them, but they threatened me 2 times with an audible voice, the Lord told me that they can do nothing to me. I was never attacked, nor do I have nightmares, except my experience with hell.

The Eucharist, the wafer I took only one time in a mass, when I was a baby christian, not knowing there was a devil or a demon. The Holy Supper is something else, bread and wine is given in remembrance, surely I take it in church or together with my wife.

I think your God is a mystery. God is love that is true, but you have made love your God, that excludes hell, Satan and demons. Your God allows you to do everything that does not hurt another, that makes what the bible calls sin legal in your eyes. You have created your own bible and faith, that is not Catholic or Apostolic.

My advise is to make a new commitment to Jesus Christ and His word, the bible as truth and avoid the instructions of the RCC, which may destroy you.

But anyway, I wish you the blessings of our God and Savior. We are all on the way and need God`s grace to follow the narrow road and avoid the broad one.
God bless!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity