Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 04:02 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,011,211 times

Advertisements

I have thought of Jack Van Impe show a comedy show , were you can watch and have a laugh ...... Most of the end time intrigues media type shows have very little to do with the lead in the spirit for Christian Church and the end time message which Jesus is leading for His churches to their obedience to teach end time message with faith and with prophecies from Christ , Jesus can bring some purification for His followers in the seasons of heaven
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2013, 04:23 PM

22,915 posts, read 28,260,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
what are Christians opinions of DAYSTAR tv preachers Hal Lindsey and Jack Van Impe

and radio show host Jan Markell (all 3 of whom preach on bible prophecy)

just curious what fellow christians (and non-christians) think of them and why
My opinions:

Hal Lindsey is a kook. And kind of a scary kook. I've watched his show a few times, and the man gives me the creeps.

Jack van Impe is also a kook, but he's an adorable, entertaining kook. I love his show. I've never detected a malicious bone in the man's body. I once saw him read an article about the latest Ferrari, and he "found" it in the Book of Ezekiel. That's right. According to Jack van Impe, the prophet Ezekiel foretold Ferraris. Stuff like that is why I love his show.

Jan Markell. Never heard of her.

Old 10-15-2013, 07:10 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,827,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
All sorts of alarms should have gone off when you read Late Great Planet Earth. For instance, Lindsey touted that the European Union was the ten toes of Daniel's image in Neb's dream. Lindsey apparently didn't know that the EU was set to eventually accommodate the entire European continent, or he just completely ignored this fact in order to hype sales of his book. All that business about the antichrist and the so-called "Revived Roman Empire" with antichrist ruling the world from Europe turned out to be about the biggest load of I-can't say-the-word to come along since Calvin invented TULIP. Lindsey has been unusually quiet since his ten-toed creature sprouted an additional 17 toes and is in danger of toppling over at any moment.

Another howl was the Gog-Magog war that was supposed to happen between Israel and the Soviet Union. How's that turkey gobbling these days?

Truth of the matter is all those prophecy books by the authors you named laid enough eggs to spread omlette over the faces of every person in Europe. Not one prediction he made panned out. I am not surprised.
As I stated, most of their claims were solidly based on scripture, but, that certainly doesn't mean that all of their conclusions were accurately applied to modern day events (or that I agreed with all of them). But, then, they are not the Biblical prophets, as are Daniel, Ezekiel, Zechariah ... and John.

10-Nation confederacy: Still a valid scripture - Perhaps or perhaps not the EU, but, in 1983, that seemed to be an emerging confederacy of countries that could fit the bill. It may still be (the EU hasn't completely shaken-out yet) ... or it may not be, but, the prophecy is still true and will be fulfilled. (The proof is in literally a thousand prophecies that have been accurately fulfilled, not in a few that will remain unfulfilled until the End Time ... 'the date of which no man knows').

the Gog-Magog war --- Actually, this more likely pertains to the Ezekial 38-39 prophecies involving a time when the nations surrounding Israel, including Gog-Magog (modern-day Russsia) will advance on Israel and be defeated in one day. That is certainly feasible in today's MidEast scenario (or do you really think that Russia is completely out of the world picture today? ... and is not still actively funding and politically supporting MidEast terrorism? --- Why do you suppose we are negotiating with Russia and not Syria on the recent bio-weapons usage?)

Many, many of the conclusions drawn by these authors from Bible prophecies have indeed 'panned-out' --- and many have not. That is why we are to keep our eyes on God's Word, not on the opinions of men.

Old 05-05-2014, 02:49 PM

10,060 posts, read 12,803,961 times
I have seen a couple of commercials on a local TV station where Mr. Van Impe was saying Pope Francis is the 113th Pope. That's supposed to be significant for some reason. But then again, he has probably said something bad about every Pope.

It amazes me how people will go to any length to give these folks the benefit of the doubt.

Jack Van Impe -- Pope Francis the Number 113 - YouTube

Old 05-05-2014, 03:26 PM

4,685 posts, read 6,135,229 times
(In my DEEP VOICE) Rexella Take it form here, after you buy XYZ book for $19.99.

Old 05-05-2014, 06:41 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,275,484 times
Jack Van Impe got real entertaining when he started attacking TBN and they tossed him off the network. I've never heard of Jan Markell and haven't watched Hal Lindsey in years.

I never watched Van Impe much (my wife did) but she stopped watching him when he started calling everyone out. I'd be leery of anyone that can pull a Ferrari out of the OT.

Someone mentioned John Paul Jackson. Seriously, EVERY dream is from God??? Ever hear of a pizza dream? I dreamed that Spiderman came to my door last night. Does that REALLY mean that I think of Jesus as a superhero and I'll be having a supernatural visitation soon?

Old 05-05-2014, 10:51 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,912,151 times
1. fake
2. fraud
3 charlatan

Add them up, it spells $$$$$'s

Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post

most churches wont even preach on bible prophecy anymore.
Naturally. They've ended up with too much egg all over their faces in the past over failed rapture calls. You think they haven't learned their lesson?

Old 05-06-2014, 06:57 AM

22,915 posts, read 28,260,195 times
I still love Van Impe like I love Daffy Duck. And for the same reason.

Old 05-06-2014, 07:39 AM

335 posts, read 409,725 times
Men of God and informative. Prophecy is a tough subject even for the best as it takes much energy to be consumed by
it within ones selected path in ministry . These guys are among many you want to listen to as we enter the signs and
pangs we are edging into prior to Tribulation. I have attended conferences where Hal Lindsey presented his view on
terrorism and I can tell you he not only defined the sources but indentified the various clandestine influx of various ter-
rorist cells and their levels lead by "captians". That we believe has been replaced by coded internet messaging all of
is monitored by Homeland . Jack Van is a guy who does his homework but to a novice unbeliever or a "church" person
who is clueless he is overwhelming . He is I believe set aside by God to commune with more advanced christians so
don't get you feathers in a bundle lambs if he scares ya. Never heard of Jan as I only listen to Dennis Prager on Am and
Sirius radio (Coffee House). For the record we record and study the following christian sources for a wide range of info
Sid Roth,Rabbi Scheider,Rabbi Jonathan Cahn,Jim Bakker and Lori(Show), Jonathan Beris, Prophecy In The News, CTN,
TBN, CBN, Larry Hoch and Tiz, Daystar, Glen Beck, Fox News.

Old 05-06-2014, 10:20 AM

18,249 posts, read 16,912,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
My opinions:

Hal Lindsey is a kook. And kind of a scary kook.
And a very very VERY wealthy kook. A crazy-like-a-fox kind of kook.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity