U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 09:11 AM

21,997 posts, read 16,765,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMurph View Post
Based on the threads title and Ezek. 8:16's reference to the 25 men who were prostrating themselves eastward toward the sun, are you making the assumption that worshiping on Sunday is worshipping the sun? If that is the case, then why not make the assumption that worshipping on Saturday is worshipping the Roman god Saturn?

At any rate, the first 24 chapters of Ezekiel concern God's judgment on Judah while chapters 25-32 deal with God's judgment on other nations, and chapters 33-48 refer to the restoration of Judah. There is no basis for attempting to apply Ezekiel to the church.

Also, when Christ returns at the end of the Tribulation, the church, having been wedded to Christ in heaven (Revelation 19:7-8) while the Tribulation is taking place on earth, will return with Christ.

Last edited by Mike555; 10-13-2013 at 09:23 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2013, 09:18 AM

16,337 posts, read 7,692,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Why would you question it? If it's what he feels has been revealed to him by God, or Yahshuah or whomever...on what grounds do you question it?
Personally, I would not just question it, but deny it vehemently based on complete opposition to "the fruit of the spirit," which is a good list of the results one may expect when guided by the Spirit.

Old 10-13-2013, 09:21 AM

16,337 posts, read 7,692,128 times
But, henceforth I will not worship on Sunday. Instead I will worship on Freia's Day. Or possibly Saturn's Day.

Old 10-13-2013, 09:26 AM

2,819 posts, read 2,880,369 times
It matters not the day. All 7 are names of pagan related stuff. What would a mute person call Jesus? Yeshua, yeheshua, Jesus?
What happens to the person who speaks a rare language and calls Jesus some weird thing like.... Olluget. But that is all they know Him as, not yeheshua.

Old 10-13-2013, 10:03 AM

32,321 posts, read 21,173,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Personally, I would not just question it, but deny it vehemently based on complete opposition to "the fruit of the spirit," which is a good list of the results one may expect when guided by the Spirit.
Exactly!!

Old 10-13-2013, 10:34 AM

112 posts, read 94,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Based on the threads title and Ezek. 8:16's reference to the 25 men who were prostrating themselves eastward toward the sun, are you making the assumption that worshiping on Sunday is worshipping the sun? If that is the case, then why not make the assumption that worshipping on Saturday is worshipping the Roman god Saturn?

At any rate, the first 24 chapters of Ezekiel concern God's judgment on Judah while chapters 25-32 deal with God's judgment on other nations, and chapters 33-48 refer to the restoration of Judah. There is no basis for attempting to apply Ezekiel to the church.

Also, when Christ returns at the end of the Tribulation, the church, having been wedded to Christ in heaven (Revelation 19:7-8) while the Tribulation is taking place on earth, will return with Christ.

You don't go to heaven if that's what you are alluding to.

1 Thessalonians 4:16
For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, the Christians who have died will rise from their graves.

Since the Millennial Kingdom is here on earth and there is no meantion of anyone coming down with Yahshua........just where do you think you are going?

Matthew 24:9
"Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me.

Matthew 10:22
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

And since you are instructed by your christ to be prepared to be persecuted in the endtimes.........again.......what makes you think you get out of it?

Matthew 24:22
And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

If the ELECT suffer...............what makes you think you survive?

Old 10-13-2013, 10:42 AM

Quote:

Have you ever thought that the suffering of this elect few you believe in, are suffering at the hands of those who believe in the slaughter of the church ?.

Old 10-13-2013, 10:47 AM

112 posts, read 94,722 times
Exodus 11:4
…3The LORD gave the people favor in the sight of the Egyptians. Furthermore, the man Moses himself was greatly esteemed in the land of Egypt, both in the sight of Pharaoh's servants and in the sight of the people. 4Moses said, "Thus says the LORD, 'About midnight I am going out into the midst of Egypt, 5and all the firstborn in the land of Egypt shall die, from the firstborn of the Pharaoh who sits on his throne, even to the firstborn of the slave girl who is behind the millstones; all the firstborn of the cattle as well.…

You do know it was your jesus of love (Yahshua) who killed the first born of Egypt?

Revelation 9:18
A third of mankind was killed by the three plagues of fire, smoke and sulfur that came out of their mouths.

As you know of Revelation the earth and it's inhabitiants are destroyed 1/3 at a time.............

No, you too are destroyed by your love-jesus.

You get out of nothing.

Old 10-13-2013, 10:55 AM

21,997 posts, read 16,765,082 times
Quote:
You don't go to heaven if that's what you are alluding to.

1 Thessalonians 4:16
For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, the Christians who have died will rise from their graves.

Since the Millennial Kingdom is here on earth and there is no meantion of anyone coming down with Yahshua........just where do you think you are going?

Matthew 24:9
"Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me.

Matthew 10:22
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

And since you are instructed by your christ to be prepared to be persecuted in the endtimes.........again.......what makes you think you get out of it?

Matthew 24:22
And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

Yes, the believer does go to heaven when he dies. And the church does get raptured before the Tribulation. But that is not the topic of your thread. You can refer to my thread on the rapture of the church if you wish. You are trying to apply Ezekiel to the church when in fact it deals with God's judgment on Judah.

Old 10-13-2013, 11:09 AM

Quote:
I'm making a point.

You who believe the BS of the church will be slaughtered for your lack of knowledge and disobediance.

Read what the bible says.
So was I.
Actually I believe very little of the church and posts like the OP give me very good reason not to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity