Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 05:37 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times

Advertisements

If you have found it, where is it ?. I do know this, Jesus Christ said it does not come with observation. If you believe you can observe it in your midst, where in our midst,and how can this be so if Jesus Christ said it is not something observed?.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2013, 05:55 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,173,178 times
The kingdom is a spiritual kingdom, only seen with spiritual eyes.

That being said, it's within His people, but also wherever the Spirit is.

Old 10-09-2013, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
The kingdom is a spiritual kingdom, only seen with spiritual eyes.

That being said, it's within His people, but also wherever the Spirit is.
Thanks little elmer. So are we to seek it and find in ourselves and one another too ?.

Old 10-09-2013, 06:44 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,908,149 times
Since God is spiritual, so also is his Kingdom. It cannot be felt, experienced or seen in any material sense. Our senses only deal with material things, not spiritual, so it is not accessable by our 5 senses. But the Kingdom of God can be accessed. God brings it to us in His Word and Sacraments. When we hear or read God's word, then God is coming to us and speaking to us.

Faith comes by hearing and hearing through the word of Christ.

Jn 15:7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you.

Jn 15:3 You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you.
Jn 10:27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.

Jn 6:63 The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life.
Jn 6:68 Simon Peter answered him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life.

He who has ears, let Him hear.

Old 10-09-2013, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Since God is spiritual, so also is his Kingdom. It cannot be felt, experienced or seen in any material sense. Our senses only deal with material things, not spiritual, so it is not accessable by our 5 senses. But the Kingdom of God can be accessed. God brings it to us in His Word and Sacraments. When we hear or read God's word, then God is coming to us and speaking to us.

Faith comes by hearing and hearing through the word of Christ.

Jn 15:7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you.

Jn 15:3 You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you.
Jn 10:27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.

Jn 6:63 The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life.
Jn 6:68 Simon Peter answered him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life.

He who has ears, let Him hear.
Fair enough, but where is this spiritual kingdom Jesus taught us to seek first(above all things) and have you personally found it ?.

Old 10-09-2013, 07:03 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,173,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Thanks little elmer. So are we to seek it and find in ourselves and one another too ?.
Righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Ghost, right? The results of abiding in Him is rest.

Old 10-09-2013, 07:58 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,180,832 times
Quote:
If you have found it, where is it ?. I do know this, Jesus Christ said it does not come with observation. If you believe you can observe it in your midst, where in our midst,and how can this be so if Jesus Christ said it is not something observed?.
What passage are you making your statements based on? Please cite your references.

Old 10-09-2013, 08:31 PM

20,438 posts, read 12,775,263 times
The Kingdom of God is spiritual, and can be found in every born-again believer.

John 3

5 Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Do not be amazed that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’

Old 10-09-2013, 08:52 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
We were not given a Spirit of fear; but one of power, love, and that of a sound mind.

Old 10-09-2013, 09:17 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,784,144 times
Quote:
The kingdom of God is at hand.

The Lord says this ;

"When the lion roars who will not fear it, when the Lord God speaks who will not prophecy."

"Speak the truth to one another, judge righteously, and let honesty and peace be at your gate."

"Open up the gates to let in a nation that is righteous, one that keeps faith."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity