U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 03:52 PM

473 posts, read 615,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMurph View Post
I guess you've watched a few vids of beheadings?

If you have a husband........I suppose you would expect him to 'love' your attackers should one behead you?

Maybe he should a rapist while you are being raped?

Interesting.
I had an abusive husband. After 30 Yrs of marriage my son and I ran away from home. We lived in an abuse shelter for 6 months and in one of their apartments for 2 years. Three years ago, I forgave my husband face to face--we both cried. He now visits me and since he has recently had a massive stroke, I've been trying to help him all I can to get disability and funding from the company he gave 33 yrs. of his life to. Don't speak to me of forgiveness--been there and have done that. I also came from a family where my father was an abusive alcoholic, so is my brother. My father is now dead but my brother isn't and he's forgiven by me, my father was forgiven before he died--I was 14 and he died in the next room.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2013, 04:07 PM

7,557 posts, read 11,891,482 times
Jesus is the best example we have, no? He used not force, but His Father's word - and we have it now.

The sword of the Spirit? I believe it's the tongue.

Old 10-14-2013, 04:22 PM

112 posts, read 94,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Jesus is the best example we have, no? He used not force, but His Father's word - and we have it now.

The sword of the Spirit? I believe it's the tongue.
The Messiah served a specific purpose, to fulfill the Will of the Father........you aint' no jesus.

Old 10-14-2013, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila Renae View Post
I had an abusive husband. After 30 Yrs of marriage my son and I ran away from home. We lived in an abuse shelter for 6 months and in one of their apartments for 2 years. Three years ago, I forgave my husband face to face--we both cried. He now visits me and since he has recently had a massive stroke, I've been trying to help him all I can to get disability and funding from the company he gave 33 yrs. of his life to. Don't speak to me of forgiveness--been there and have done that. I also came from a family where my father was an abusive alcoholic, so is my brother. My father is now dead but my brother isn't and he's forgiven by me, my father was forgiven before he died--I was 14 and he died in the next room.
Yes, and I was also abused by an alcoholic until the age of 17, and I became an alcoholic. 14.5 years of sobriety now.

I too know a little about suffering and forgiveness........actually a lot about it.

Old 10-14-2013, 04:26 PM

7,557 posts, read 11,891,482 times
Quote:
The Messiah served a specific purpose, to fulfill the Will of the Father........you aint' no jesus.
As He is, so are we in the earth.

Old 10-14-2013, 06:52 PM

2,532 posts, read 2,016,237 times
ECCLES 3:3 "A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;"
ECCLES 3:8 "A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace."

Most authority to kill has been given by God to the Police, the Courts, and the Military. But also for self defense, defense of family and other victims. This is an extreme measure but there are those times. Other than that we are to turn the other cheek in interpersonal matters. God has His lambs and His King David's.

Old 10-14-2013, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
ECCLES 3:3 "A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;"
ECCLES 3:8 "A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace."

Most authority to kill has been given by God to the Police, the Courts, and the Military. But also for self defense, defense of family and other victims. This is an extreme measure but there are those times. Other than that we are to turn the other cheek in interpersonal matters. God has His lambs and His King David's.

Ahhhhhhh..............talk about me and wisdom..........>?

The Father does not acknowedge (grant authority) the gov of man.

Go read Judges to Kings.......Saul.........the Father is King.

Old 10-14-2013, 07:29 PM

2,532 posts, read 2,016,237 times
Quote:
Ahhhhhhh..............talk about me and wisdom..........>?

The Father does not acknowedge (grant authority) the gov of man.

Go read Judges to Kings.......Saul.........the Father is King.

ROM 13:1-7 "Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. Whosoever therefore resists the power, resists the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Will you then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and you shall have praise of the same: For he is the minister of God to you for good. But if you do that which is evil, be afraid; for he bears not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that does evil. Therefore you must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake. For for this cause you pay tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing. Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honor to whom honor."

And if the authorities go afoul, they shall be judged by Him who is higher than they.

Last edited by garya123; 10-14-2013 at 08:55 PM..

Old 10-14-2013, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
ROM 13:1-7 "Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. Whosoever therefore resists the power, resists the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Will you then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and you shall have praise of the same: For he is the minister of God to you for good. But if you do that which is evil, be afraid; for he bears not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that does evil. Therefore you must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake. For for this cause you pay tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing. Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honor to whom honor."

And if the authorities go afoul, they shall be judged by Him who is higher than they.

Yeah..........and there is a little more here..........the jews were constantly taunting the Romans on religious grounds and refused to pay tribute to Ceasar and so forth.

Our gov has become Evil........you'll have decisions to make.........sooner than you think.

But the cops are not ordained by god.........nor the military.

Paul...........oh boy........

Old 10-14-2013, 09:19 PM

Maybe you guys could just begin the religion of PAUL?

Apparently you guys worship him already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity