U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 04:29 PM

400 posts, read 452,975 times

Advertisements

Sheila, I'm still trying to piece this all together. Your abusive (ex?) husband, prior to your marriage to him, fathered a son with a woman who had also slept with two other men one of which was your husband's brother? Sounds like a soap opera. Anyway, when the boy was 19 you discovered all this and your husband wanted nothing to do with his out of wedlock son. The fact you had a big enough heart to forgive and accept everyone is beautiful. Did your husband ever accept him, even a little? Thanks for sharing this, it isn't easy to hang our laundry out for all to see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2013, 05:27 PM

473 posts, read 616,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartstarr1960 View Post
Sheila, I'm still trying to piece this all together. Your abusive (ex?) husband, prior to your marriage to him, fathered a son with a woman who had also slept with two other men one of which was your husband's brother? Sounds like a soap opera. Anyway, when the boy was 19 you discovered all this and your husband wanted nothing to do with his out of wedlock son. The fact you had a big enough heart to forgive and accept everyone is beautiful. Did your husband ever accept him, even a little? Thanks for sharing this, it isn't easy to hang our laundry out for all to see.
My husband did accept Jackie and was thankful that he did. It helped that my three children were on Jackie's side. They instantly claimed him. My husband's mother never accepted Jackie and would ignore him.

Yeshua Bless You

P.S.--felt like a soap opera at the time, wish I had a picture of the two of them together that I could post, it's uncanny how much they look alike. I'm divorced now but we were married for 30 yrs.--then he cheated for a second time--continuing soap.

Old 10-15-2013, 05:46 PM

25,896 posts, read 13,458,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila Renae View Post
My husband did accept Jackie and was thankful that he did. It helped that my three children were on Jackie's side. They instantly claimed him. My husband's mother never accepted Jackie and would ignore him.

Yeshua Bless You

P.S.--felt like a soap opera at the time, wish I had a picture of the two of them together that I could post, it's uncanny how much they look alike. I'm divorced now but we were married for 30 yrs.--then he cheated for a second time--continuing soap.
If the Creator grants us a long-ish life, most today can relate to one aspect or another of As The World Turns.

Life is interesting.

Old 10-16-2013, 01:45 AM

Quote:

Yeshua Bless You

30 years in an abusive relationship in which your husband cheated twice. Goodness girl you've been through a lot of hardship. Did your faith keep you strong all along or are you a newer Christian?

Old 10-16-2013, 05:38 AM

473 posts, read 616,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartstarr1960 View Post
30 years in an abusive relationship in which your husband cheated twice. Goodness girl you've been through a lot of hardship. Did your faith keep you strong all along or are you a newer Christian?
Until 6 yrs. ago I was a backslider of about 20 yrs. We had a few good years in the middle of the marriage when we were involved in church. Best years of the marriage and then we drifted away from church and he started drinking and cheating the first time, I forgave him at that time and we straightened things out and had our last child.
With him it was about control, keeping me from associating with people outside his family---a jealousy type thing with manipulation, threats, words, and once in a while fighting. The fights became fewer because I threatened him--told him that he had to go to sleep sometime and WOULD he wake up in the morning? I'm a pacifist at heart but he never knew me and my bluff worked wonders because I never backed down from an attack--I fought back. EVERYONE fights for survival so it makes me wonder what a pacifist would do if attacked.
Yeshua Bless You

Old 10-16-2013, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Until 6 yrs. ago I was a backslider of about 20 yrs. We had a few good years in the middle of the marriage when we were involved in church. Best years of the marriage and then we drifted away from church and he started drinking and cheating the first time, I forgave him at that time and we straightened things out and had our last child.
With him it was about control, keeping me from associating with people outside his family---a jealousy type thing with manipulation, threats, words, and once in a while fighting. The fights became fewer because I threatened him--told him that he had to go to sleep sometime and WOULD he wake up in the morning? I'm a pacifist at heart but he never knew me and my bluff worked wonders because I never backed down from an attack--I fought back. EVERYONE fights for survival so it makes me wonder what a pacifist would do if attacked.
Yeshua Bless You
Hee hee. Remember Lorena Bobbitt? Lorena Bobbitt's Infamous Crime - Oprah.com
I always think of the nursery song, "Three Blind Mice" when I think of her story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity