Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 10:54 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,420,688 times

Advertisements

Many churches are having women as pastors? What is your opinion about women pastors? It's not biblical, and I haven't been able to figure out how women could justify being pastors?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2013, 11:27 PM

400 posts, read 601,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
Many churches are having women as pastors? What is your opinion about women pastors? It's not biblical, and I haven't been able to figure out how women could justify being pastors?
There have been ordained women pastors since the 1800's in America. When interpreting key texts some see tension, and contextual uncertainties in the Pauline epistles. My opinion? I once thought I knew the answer but now I'm not so sure I was correct. It's such a hot button topic I'll defer to greater minds.

Old 10-16-2013, 11:29 PM

691 posts, read 640,613 times
A man that has the Spirit need not that any man to teach him, but can learn from every spirit.

"...He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son." 2 John 9

Old 10-17-2013, 12:40 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,910,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
No. The question is whether the bible is of the Spirit on this matter or whether it was hijacked. One group has had women in pastoral positions for about 350 years.

Old 10-17-2013, 01:30 AM

63,775 posts, read 40,030,593 times
Default Women Pastors--is it Biblical?

The question for Christians should be: Women Pastors--is it Christian? The answer is Yes, of course. It is amazing how twisted Christ's Gospel has become under the auspices of the Bibleans and those who Idolize the Bible.

Old 10-17-2013, 05:24 AM

1,706 posts, read 3,307,180 times
To Antredd the OP: Who was Dorcas/Tabitha, the one that Peter raised? Who was Prisca, who worked with her husband Aquila, and both were tentmakers? Who do you think Phoebe was? What did Martha become after Christ passed (part of the family of Martha, Mary, and Lazarus)? What about Mary, mother of Christ?

Do you think these people only stayed home and made food? Do you think in their service they were any less than Paul, Peter, or the other leaders of the church? I'm with Mystic on this one. People who worship the bible, not the G-d of the bible, people who worship history, not the G-d of history would look at these individuals and see them as less in the church. They were indeed equal inheritors of G-d's grace and church leaders. What does that mean?

G-d is the same yesterday, today, and forever. Move past the culture and the patriarchy. This is the same thing that Deadwood is referencing as well. Forget for a moment the soft voice and the smaller figure these women project: do you hear G-d's spirit in them? Are they talking a sound doctrine? I've been blessed by many women in the church pulpit. Wow, check yourself to see if you have G-d's spirit and not just indigestion that can be fantasized as leading you into all good things. Anyone who believes less will simply be scrounging for food and looking to fill their lamps, not at the banquet with our Lord and Savior at the end of eternity.

Old 10-17-2013, 05:55 AM

7,723 posts, read 12,612,989 times
If they are leading people to Christ, I highly doubt it matters.

Old 10-17-2013, 06:14 AM

183 posts, read 192,669 times
In the last days-
Isaiah 3:12
As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths.

Women have a role but men have always been appointed to leadership. The man is responsible and he will be held accountable, particularly for his family.

I see the failings of men and I see they are already being replaced by women leadership of civil government, we are in the last days.

Men will be judged for their failure to lead.

Old 10-17-2013, 06:41 AM

473 posts, read 821,506 times
God is neither male nor female and all were created in His image--Genesis 1:27 He refers to Himself as He meaning dominant and to His church as female meaning submissive. He says that if we are like minded with Him then He will make us dominant upon the Earth. In the Old Testament he had several prophetesses and named one as a judge of Israel (Deborah-Judges 4:4-5)
God says there is no respect of persons with Him, all will be judged the same, all are responsible under Him for their own actions. If He's going to judge women the same as men then---there is NO respect of person regardless of what man says.

Acts 18:26, Galatians 3:28, Romans 16:1-2, Philippians 4:3
Not even the angels marry--Matthew 22:30----this does not mean free sex for everyone it means that all are the same---will become the same creation and exist now as the same in His eyes. We all have the same capabilities to know right from wrong, man is not more intelligent than woman---same on the inside, viewed by Him as the same on the outside unless man is willing to take the responsibility for all the judgement on judgement day and let women be innocent.

Why would women be allowed to teach children and other women--THEY are the ones who rule the future. The greater responsibility and trust has already been given--to women. We teach the young men how to be wise older men.

Old 10-17-2013, 06:58 AM

183 posts, read 192,669 times
In His own image- man with a spirit capable of communing with God. There were other people on earth at the time of Adam and Eve. Eve was a help-mate. Wo-man means from man. (and is was the woman who gave into the first temptation) Also note that Jesus was born a man, not a woman- consider the bride of Christ, the followers of Christ is biblically referred to as the woman.

1 Timothy 5:8
But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

1 Peter 3:7
Husbands, likewise, dwell with them with understanding, giving honor to the wife, as to the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life, that your prayers may not be hindered.

We could go round and round on this...but God the father set up the family. Traditionally men are to care for the women, men are to provide, to protect, to lead.

The strength of a woman is a compliment to men, they provide the stability of the home, nurture and teach the next generation.
But men are charged with the responsibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity