Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2019, 03:20 AM

23,148 posts, read 10,445,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotmail45 View Post
I agree that Jesus never came to abolish the law but to fore-fill the law. wasn't Jesus preaching the old testament anyways? the new covenant didn't come about until after his resurrection.christians tend to live under the notion that salvation is given through grace and the old testament of the mosaic laws are done away with but the scriptures says Jesus only did away with the sacrificial law.
Nice.

The law is there to convict us all, we are supposed to accept the conviction to know that we are all worthy of death, and so we say,'' Yes Lord, you alone are righteous and we are all found wanting.'' When we all accept God's judgment, and when we all admit that we are guilty and worthy of death, IT IS THEN THAT MERCY COME INTO PLAY.

Knowing and admitting our guilt, it MAKES US FORGIVE OTHERS, in our hopes that we are forgiven also.

So we recieve mercy BECAUSE WE ACCEPT THE LAW AND IT'S CONVICTION.

We ask for forgiveness BECAUSE we accept that we are all guilty, the law does nothing but teach mercy and forgiveness and this is the reason that all the laws point to, and come down to 2 single laws, '' Love God and love your neighbor.''

THAT IS WHAT THE LAW TEACHES, LOVE AND MERCY.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2019, 01:05 PM

595 posts, read 761,839 times
Matthew 5:17 [ The Fulfillment of the Law ] “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them

Romans 3:30-
30 since there is only one God, who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through that same faith. 31 Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law

The Ten Commandments (Exodus 20:2-17 NKJV)
1 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me.
2 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My Commandments.
3 “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.
4 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.
5 “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.
6 “You shall not murder.
7 “You shall not commit adultery.
8 “You shall not steal.
9 “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
10 “You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's
This is loving God. Uphold the law.
We cannot do this without the power of the Holy Spirit which was promised and came. Power on High to help us in our times of weakness.

This world is not for us. It's for God's glory. Jesus, for him, by him and through him.
By doing these through the Spirit in Jesus name you fulfill the law in you and shows you, you love God. God constantly encourages through his word.

There is so much more, Thanks for the post.
God bless,
Mercy

Old 03-09-2019, 02:09 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porque77 View Post

The law that God truly gave Moses is forever and for all peoples. And this law is the law of the Gospel and its merciful commandments, not the Old Testament laws that ordered men to harm and kill people. Those laws that do not keep mercy are only precepts of men.
The laws had a purpose and that was so we would love God and each other, but we were NOT succeeding. THAT is why Jesus came to FULFILL the purpose of the law for us all. He loved PERFECTLY, even his torturers and murderers, fulfilling the purpose of the laws. His HUMAN consciousness perfectly resonated (Identical)) with God's consciousness in agape love connecting all human consciousness to God. That is how He is the Way to God within our consciousness.

Old 03-09-2019, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The laws had a purpose and that was so we would love God and each other, but we were NOT succeeding. THAT is why Jesus came to FULFILL the purpose of the law for us all. He loved PERFECTLY, even his torturers and murderers, fulfilling the purpose of the laws. His HUMAN consciousness perfectly resonated (Identical)) with God's consciousness in agape love connecting all human consciousness to God. That is how He is the Way to God within our consciousness.
The purpose of the law is love?

The true purpose Jesus came fulfilling to fulfill the law is to love mercy, to love thy neighbor?

REALLY?

The law comes down to two scriptures of loving God and loving your neighbor?

THAT IS THE TRUE PURPOSE AND REASON FOR THE LAW?

JESUS CAME FULFILLING THE TRUE PURPOSE OF THE LAW IN SACRIFICING HIMSELF FOR OTHERS BECAUSE THIS IS WHAT THE LAW TEACHES?

GOD BLESS THE LAW.

Old 03-09-2019, 05:13 PM

10,024 posts, read 4,963,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
The purpose of the law is love?
The law comes down to two scriptures of loving God and loving your neighbor?
THAT IS THE TRUE PURPOSE AND REASON FOR THE LAW?
JESUS CAME FULFILLING THE TRUE PURPOSE OF THE LAW IN SACRIFICING HIMSELF FOR OTHERS BECAUSE THIS IS WHAT THE LAW TEACHES?
GOD BLESS THE LAW.
Jesus knew the old law was being abandoned by his God as found at Matthew 23:38
That religious ' house of worship ' was coming to fulfillment through Christ - Romans 10:4
The NEW LAW or NEW COMMANDMENT is the one Jesus gave at John 13:34-35
We are to now have the same self-sacrificing love for others as Jesus has.
In other words, we are now to love neighbor 'more ' than self.

Old 03-10-2019, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Jesus knew the old law was being abandoned by his God as found at Matthew 23:38
That religious ' house of worship ' was coming to fulfillment through Christ - Romans 10:4
The NEW LAW or NEW COMMANDMENT is the one Jesus gave at John 13:34-35
We are to now have the same self-sacrificing love for others as Jesus has.
In other words, we are now to love neighbor 'more ' than self.
You write this in direct contradiction of what Jesus said, of how Jesus lived, and how all the Jewish believers became even more zealous to keep the law, Jesus said he did not come to abolish the law, but you know better than Jesus.

Old 04-28-2019, 12:42 PM

301 posts, read 287,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Jesus knew the old law was being abandoned by his God...
Quote:
You write this in direct contradiction of what Jesus said, of how Jesus lived, and how all the Jewish believers became even more zealous to keep the law, Jesus said he did not come to abolish the law, but you know better than Jesus.
The Law that Jesus came not to abolish is the Law of the Gospel

The Law that Jesus came not to abolish, from which shall pass not one jot or one tittle, is the Law of the Gospel, which is the true Law of God. But Jesus Christ abolished many commandments of the Old Testament (Matthew 5:31-48, Matthew 12:1-8, John 5:8-11, John 5:16-18, John 8:3-11 and the whole context of the Gospel). And He abolished them because weren't God's commandments, but precepts of men.

The Gospel says: "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets.... one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law" (Matthew 5:17-20) .

In these words are based many religions to tell us that Jesus Christ came not to abolish the commandments of the Old Testament, but that is a mistake because these gospel words do not refer to the law of the Old Testament, because Jesus Christ abolished many commandments of the Old Testament, as we see in Matthew 5: 21-48 and other parts of the Gospel.

The words of Jesus Christ in this famous verse (Matthew 5: 17), which tells us that He did not come to abolish the Law and the Prophets, refers to the true Law of God, which is the Law that Jesus Christ himself taught us in the Gospel. Jesus Christ teaches that the law and the prophets that He did not come to abolish is the following:

"All things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets" (Matthew 7: 12) .

Therefore, this is the law that God gave to Israel because Jesus Christ himself says that "this is the law and the prophets". This is the law that remains in effect, that Jesus Christ came not to abolish ("Think not that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets"). And of this law did pass "not one jot not one tittle", of the Law that Jesus Christ teaches us in the Gospel and that is the true Law that God gave to Moses.

Now I also remember the Law of Jesus Christ expressed in commandments, as the Gospel teaches:

"And behold, one came to him and said, Teacher, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? And he said unto him, Why askest thou me concerning that which is good? One there is who is good: but if thou wouldest enter into life, keep the commandments. He saith unto him, Which? And Jesus said, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honor thy father and mother; and, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. The young man saith unto him, All these things have I observed: what lack I yet? Jesus said unto him, If thou wouldest be perfect, go, sell that which thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me. But when the young man heard the saying, he went away sorrowful; for he was one that had great possessions" (Matthew 19: 16-22

And this law and these commandments are in effect for all peoples.

However, no one is under the laws of the Old Testament that were abolished by Jesus Christ, because those laws were not true Law of God, but precepts of men. We are all under the Law and the commandments of Christ, which are the only true Law of God

Old 08-07-2019, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Quote:
The Law that Jesus came not to abolish is the Law of the Gospel

The Law that Jesus came not to abolish, from which shall pass not one jot or one tittle, is the Law of the Gospel, which is the true Law of God. But Jesus Christ abolished many commandments of the Old Testament (Matthew 5:31-48, Matthew 12:1-8, John 5:8-11, John 5:16-18, John 8:3-11 and the whole context of the Gospel). And He abolished them because weren't God's commandments, but precepts of men.

The Gospel says: "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets.... one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law" (Matthew 5:17-20) .

In these words are based many religions to tell us that Jesus Christ came not to abolish the commandments of the Old Testament, but that is a mistake because these gospel words do not refer to the law of the Old Testament, because Jesus Christ abolished many commandments of the Old Testament, as we see in Matthew 5: 21-48 and other parts of the Gospel.

The words of Jesus Christ in this famous verse (Matthew 5: 17), which tells us that He did not come to abolish the Law and the Prophets, refers to the true Law of God, which is the Law that Jesus Christ himself taught us in the Gospel. Jesus Christ teaches that the law and the prophets that He did not come to abolish is the following:

"All things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets" (Matthew 7: 12) .

Therefore, this is the law that God gave to Israel because Jesus Christ himself says that "this is the law and the prophets". This is the law that remains in effect, that Jesus Christ came not to abolish ("Think not that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets"). And of this law did pass "not one jot not one tittle", of the Law that Jesus Christ teaches us in the Gospel and that is the true Law that God gave to Moses.

Now I also remember the Law of Jesus Christ expressed in commandments, as the Gospel teaches:

"And behold, one came to him and said, Teacher, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? And he said unto him, Why askest thou me concerning that which is good? One there is who is good: but if thou wouldest enter into life, keep the commandments. He saith unto him, Which? And Jesus said, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honor thy father and mother; and, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. The young man saith unto him, All these things have I observed: what lack I yet? Jesus said unto him, If thou wouldest be perfect, go, sell that which thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me. But when the young man heard the saying, he went away sorrowful; for he was one that had great possessions" (Matthew 19: 16-22

However, no one is under the laws of the Old Testament that were abolished by Jesus Christ, because those laws were not true Law of God, but precepts of men. We are all under the Law and the commandments of Christ, which are the only true Law of God

The Gospel teaches:

".....if thou wouldest enter into life, keep the commandments. He saith unto him, Which? And Jesus said, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honor thy father and mother; and, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. The young man saith unto him, All these things have I observed: what lack I yet? Jesus said unto him, If thou wouldest be perfect, go, sell that which thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me. But when the young man heard the saying, he went away sorrowful; for he was one that had great possessions" (Matthew 19: 16-22

However, no one is under the laws of the Old Testament that were abolished by Jesus Christ, because those laws were not true Law of God. We are all under the Law and the commandments of Christ, which are the only true Law of God.

Old 08-11-2019, 05:28 PM

Quote:
The Gospel teaches:

".....if thou wouldest enter into life, keep the commandments. He saith unto him, Which? And Jesus said, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honor thy father and mother; and, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. The young man saith unto him, All these things have I observed: what lack I yet? Jesus said unto him, If thou wouldest be perfect, go, sell that which thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me. But when the young man heard the saying, he went away sorrowful; for he was one that had great possessions" (Matthew 19: 16-22

However, no one is under the laws of the Old Testament that were abolished by Jesus Christ, because those laws were not true Law of God. We are all under the Law and the commandments of Christ, which are the only true Law of God.

Only the Gospel's Law and its merciful commandments are in effect, because de Gospel's commandments are the commandaments that God really gaven Moses. And these commandments of de Gospel were gaven for ever and for all nations.

Old 08-13-2019, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercy777 View Post
Matthew 5:17 [ The Fulfillment of the Law ] “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them...

Hi, Mercy777. Maybe you don't understand that the Law that Jesus came not to abolish, from which shall pass not one jot or one tittle, is the Law of the Gospel, which is the true Law of God. But Jesus Christ abolished many commandments of the Old Testament (you can see Matthew 5:31-48, Matthew 12:1-8, John 5:8-11, John 5:16-18, John 8:3-11 and the whole context of the Gospel). And He abolished them because weren't God's commandments, but precepts of men.

In these words are based many religions to tell us that Jesus Christ came not to abolish the commandments of the Old Testament, but that is a mistake because these gospel words do not refer to the law of the Old Testament, because Jesus Christ abolished many commandments of the Old Testament, as we see in Matthew 5:31-48 and other parts of the Gospel.

The words of Jesus Christ in this famous verse (Matthew 5:17), which tells us that He did not come to abolish the Law and the Prophets, refers to the true Law of God, which is the Law that Jesus Christ himself taught us in the Gospel. Jesus Christ teaches that the law and the prophets that He did not come to abolish is the following:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity