U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-28-2016, 12:37 PM
 
Location: New England
32,233 posts, read 21,115,456 times
Reputation: 2280

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Actually the word is not abolish but kill...To kill the law meant to interpret it incorrectly...To fulfill meant to interpret it correctly...
I would agree with this. It was never intended to be a set of rules but the law of life, but being wrongly interpreted, that which was meant for our good became a letter that kills.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-28-2016, 01:06 PM
 
Location: Booth Texas
14,844 posts, read 4,976,659 times
Reputation: 1512
Behind every single law of Moses is the hidden true law of grace.


Laws of Oxen.


1 Corinthians 9
Say I these things as a man? or saith not the law the same also? 9For it is written in the law of Moses, Thou shalt not muzzle the mouth of the ox that treadeth out the corn. Doth God take care for oxen? 10Or saith he it altogether for our sakes? For our sakes, no doubt, this is written: that he that ploweth should plow in hope; and that he that thresheth in hope should be partaker of his hope. 11If we have sown unto you spiritual things, is it a great thing if we shall reap your carnal things?


The laws of marriage are only to show our marriage to God, the laws of slavery only show us our relationship with God.


Behind each law is a truth that needs to be found and written down and one would know the law.


Sacrifice never ended, but we became the sacrifice, Jesus death means nothing in dying for a person unless that person also dies and sacrifices his life for Christ. We die daily as a sacrifice so that Christ can live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2016, 04:43 PM
 
206 posts, read 182,588 times
Reputation: 19
Default The law that Jesus CAME NOT TO ABOLISH is the GOSPEL'S LAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Behind every single law of Moses is the hidden true law of grace.....
The True Law that God gave to Moses is what Jesus Christ teaches us in the Gospel. All the commandments of the Gospel are merciful. And this is the true grace: mercy.

Therefore, all the commandments that Jesus Christ teaches us in the Gospel are merciful.

Grace does not cancel the commandments of Jesus Christ, because being in Grace is to keep the commandments of Jesus Christ.

The letters attributed to Paul said that we are not under law but under grace. And what is be under grace?

Being under grace is to be under the mercy of God, which is equal to being under the merciful commandments that Jesus teaches us in the Gospel.

Last edited by Porque77; 05-28-2016 at 04:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2016, 05:44 PM
 
206 posts, read 182,588 times
Reputation: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porque77 View Post
The True Law that God gave to Moses is what Jesus Christ teaches us in the Gospel. All the commandments of the Gospel are merciful. And this is the true grace: mercy.
The early Christians had the commandments of Jesus Christ.
And the commandments of Jesus Christ send mercy and forgiveness for all ... NOT KILL ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2016, 02:58 PM
 
206 posts, read 182,588 times
Reputation: 19
Default The law that Jesus CAME NOT TO ABOLISH is the GOSPEL'S LAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porque77
The True Law given to Moses, is the Law of God, and Jesus Christ is God who came to teach us the true commandments that had received the people in Moses' time ...

You are wrong, because you call "Law of Moses" to the Jewish laws of the Old Testament containing many precepts of men that Jesus Christ abolished ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
So, the writer of the gospel of John was having a laugh when he wrote the law came by Moses but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ. I know the shame that you know from suffering under the law.
You do not understand what I'm saying. Do not you understand that the law that was actually given to Moses are the commandments that Jesus taught us in the Gospel? And the commandments of the Gospel is the law of the grace, because grace is mercy and all the commandments of Jesus are merciful. And these are the commandments that God had actually given to Moses.

After Moses, the scribes changed the law of God into a lie, as the prophet Jeremiah says:

"How is it that you 'say, We are wise and the law of the Lord is with us? But see, the false pen of the scribes has made it false." (Jer 8: 8)

And then Jesus came to teach us the law that really had been given to Moses. That is why the apostle John says that the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ because God gave the law to Moses but the scribes changed the law of God, and Jesus Christ came to teach the true Law and the true commandments of God, which are the Law of grace.

Last edited by Porque77; 05-30-2016 at 03:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-31-2016, 06:31 AM
 
206 posts, read 182,588 times
Reputation: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I would agree with this. It was never intended to be a set of rules but the law of life, but being wrongly interpreted, that which was meant for our good became a letter that kills.
The problem is that God gave the world a law of life and Jewish scribes changed the law ...

Jewish scribes changed it into law Death:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-31-2016, 06:39 AM
 
206 posts, read 182,588 times
Reputation: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I would agree with this. It was never intended to be a set of rules but the law of life, but being wrongly interpreted, that which was meant for our good became a letter that kills.
The prophets say that the false pen of the scribes had changed the law. And Jesus, when he preached the Gospel, abolished many precepts of the Old Testament, and abolished them because those precepts were not of God.

If you want to know some precepts of the Old Testament that Jesus Christ abolished, you can see the Gospel:

Jesus abolished many laws of the Old Testament, and to verify this, you can read the following quotes from the Gospel:

Matthew 5:31-48, Matthew 12:1-8, Matthew 20:25-28, John 5:8-11, John 5:16-18, John 8:3-11 and the whole context of the Gospel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-31-2016, 06:50 AM
 
206 posts, read 182,588 times
Reputation: 19
-----

The Mosaic covenant and law were given by God, but after the years and centuries, the prophets tell us that the scribes changed the law of God. So tell us the prophets:

"...but my people know not the ordinance of the LORD. "How can you say, 'We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us'? But, behold, the false pen of the scribes has made it into a lie". (Jeremiah 8:7-8)

"Woe to those who give wicked laws and scribes who write tyrannical prescriptions to set aside the poor and violate the rights of the underdog of my people, to rob widows and orphans" (Isaiah 10.1 -2)

"And the land is defiled under its inhabitants, because they have transgressed the laws, changed the commandments, broken the everlasting covenant" (Isaiah 24: 5-6).

"He says, therefore, the Lord: Because this people draw near me with their mouth, and honor me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me, and their fear of me is a commandment of men which have been taught" (Isaiah 29.13).

And Jesus Christ, remembering the words of the prophet Isaiah, also told the scribes and Pharisees who were teaching the commandments of men:

"Hypocrites, well did Isaiah prophesy of you, saying,
This people honors me with their lips;
But their heart is far from me.
But in vain they do worship me,
Teaching for doctrines commandments of men
" (Matthew 15.7-9
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2016, 05:15 PM
 
206 posts, read 182,588 times
Reputation: 19
Default The law that Jesus CAME NOT TO ABOLISH is the GOSPEL'S LAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
1 Corinthians 9
Say I these things as a man? or saith not the law the same also? 9For it is written in the law of Moses, Thou shalt not muzzle the mouth of the ox that treadeth out the corn. Doth God take care for oxen? 10Or saith he it altogether for our sakes? For our sakes, no doubt, this is written: that he that ploweth should plow in hope; and that he that thresheth in hope should be partaker of his hope. 11If we have sown unto you spiritual things, is it a great thing if we shall reap your carnal things?
Paul spoke of the mercy that Christians should have with each other. Paul also spoke of bringing a sister woman with him, like the other apostles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2016, 05:46 PM
 
206 posts, read 182,588 times
Reputation: 19
Default The law that Jesus CAME NOT TO ABOLISH is the GOSPEL'S LAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Sacrifice never ended, but we became the sacrifice, Jesus death means nothing in dying for a person unless that person also dies and sacrifices his life for Christ. We die daily as a sacrifice so that Christ can live.
God does not want sacrifices, and God not commanded sacrifices. Jesus Christ was killed but He did not want to die.

Jesus sweated blood when he knew they were going to crucify.

Jesus allowed everything happen for us could see that the Jews were wrong.

Jews imposed death sentences ... but God did not want death penalty ... Jesus wanted forgiveness and mercy for all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top