U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-04-2016, 01:43 AM
 
Location: Australia
481 posts, read 183,575 times
Reputation: 126

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porque77 View Post
I do not agree, because Jesus Christ is the King of the world and nobody can nothing against him.

In recent centuries, men tried to Eliminate Have the Gospel of Jesus Christ and His merciful commandments. And for That, They searched difficult points in the letters Attributed to Paul to override the commandments of the Gospel.
Revelation talks of Jesus as being King of the world, but that was in context with what John saw in his revelation. Jesus is the king of the Heavenly Kingdom, which will rule the world after Armageddon.

This is confirmed when Satan offered Jesus all the Kingdoms of the world if Jesus would do an act of obeisance to Satan. Now, If Satan was not the king of the world governments and kingdoms, how could he even hope to offer such to Jesus.

You need to look at the difference between the Gospel and the commandments of the Hebrew scriptures
Jesus did not replace the ten commandments, as they were commandments to this day with the 11th Commandment that Jesus gave, to love one another. Jesus came to fulfill the laws of the Israelites, the Jewish laws, of which Jesus first lived buy as he was a Jew.

These laws included the Passover, the Tithing, The holding of the Sabbath, the sacrifices of animals, the Common laws of the land and the use of live stock, and many laws that were placed on the Israelites for them to show that they were obedient to Jehovah their God and deserved his salvation.

Jesus replaced these salvation laws with his own life and anyone that practices any of the old salvation laws are denying that fact, thus denigrating the supreme sacrifice, and insulting the whole concept of Jesus being the redeemer for mans inherited sins.

Personally, I don't think the idea is that difficult to accept. Although Jesus changed the need of the people, he still referred to the old prophets. Jesus accepted, and knew, as he was around when the Laws of the Hebrew Scriptures where installed, that they were only for that time, and another sacrifice was needed of a perfect man to redeem the sins of the perfect man, Adam.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-10-2016, 07:04 PM
 
206 posts, read 182,673 times
Reputation: 19
Default The law that Jesus CAME NOT TO ABOLISH is the GOSPEL'S LAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
The whole world is evil.
I disagree, because in the world there are the God's children and the children of the devil. Then the whole world is not evil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2016, 07:11 PM
 
206 posts, read 182,673 times
Reputation: 19
Default The law that Jesus CAME NOT TO ABOLISH is the GOSPEL'S LAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marakorpa View Post
Well presented, but a little off track, IMO. Jesus said that he came to fulfill the law (The Mosaic Law) not to destroy it........
Hi Marakorpa. The Law that Jesus came not to abolish is the Law of the Gospel.

The Law that Jesus came not to abolish, from which shall pass not one jot or one tittle, is the Law of the Gospel, which is the true Law of God. But Jesus Christ abolished many commandments of the Old Testament (Matthew 5:31-48, Matthew 12:1-8, John 5:8-11, John 5:16-18, John 8:3-11 and the whole context of the Gospel).



The Gospel says: "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets.... one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law" (Matthew 5:17-20) .

In these words are based many religions to tell us that Jesus Christ came not to abolish the commandments of the Old Testament, but that is a mistake because these gospel words do not refer to the law of the Old Testament, because Jesus Christ abolished many commandments of the Old Testament, as we see in Matthew 5: 21-48 and other parts of the Gospel.

The words of Jesus Christ in this famous verse (Matthew 5: 17), which tells us that He did not come to abolish the Law and the Prophets, refers to the true Law of God, which is the Law that Jesus Christ himself taught us in the Gospel. Jesus Christ teaches that the law and the prophets that He did not come to abolish is the following:

"All things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets" (Matthew 7: 12) .

Therefore, this is the law that God gave to Israel because Jesus Christ himself says that "this is the law and the prophets". This is the law that remains in effect, that Jesus Christ came not to abolish ("Think not that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets"). And of this law did pass "not one jot not one tittle", of the Law that Jesus Christ teaches us in the Gospel and that is the true Law that God gave to Moses.


Now I also remember the Law of Jesus Christ expressed in commandments, as the Gospel teaches:

"And behold, one came to him and said, Teacher, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? And he said unto him, Why askest thou me concerning that which is good? One there is who is good: but if thou wouldest enter into life, keep the commandments. He saith unto him, Which? And Jesus said, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honor thy father and mother; and, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. The young man saith unto him, All these things have I observed: what lack I yet? Jesus said unto him, If thou wouldest be perfect, go, sell that which thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me. But when the young man heard the saying, he went away sorrowful; for he was one that had great possessions" (Matthew 19: 16-22


And this law and these commandments are in effect for all peoples.

However, no one is under the laws of the Old Testament that were abolished by Jesus Christ, because those laws were not true Law of God. We are all under the Law and the commandments of Christ, which are the only true Law of God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2016, 08:20 PM
 
Location: Australia
481 posts, read 183,575 times
Reputation: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porque77 View Post
Hi Marakorpa. The Law that Jesus came not to abolish is the Law of the Gospel.

The Law that Jesus came not to abolish, from which shall pass not one jot or one tittle, is the Law of the Gospel, which is the true Law of God. But Jesus Christ abolished many commandments of the Old Testament (Matthew 5:31-48, Matthew 12:1-8, John 5:8-11, John 5:16-18, John 8:3-11 and the whole context of the Gospel).



The Gospel says: "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets.... one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law" (Matthew 5:17-20) .

In these words are based many religions to tell us that Jesus Christ came not to abolish the commandments of the Old Testament, but that is a mistake because these gospel words do not refer to the law of the Old Testament, because Jesus Christ abolished many commandments of the Old Testament, as we see in Matthew 5: 21-48 and other parts of the Gospel.

The words of Jesus Christ in this famous verse (Matthew 5: 17), which tells us that He did not come to abolish the Law and the Prophets, refers to the true Law of God, which is the Law that Jesus Christ himself taught us in the Gospel. Jesus Christ teaches that the law and the prophets that He did not come to abolish is the following:

"All things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets" (Matthew 7: 12) .

Therefore, this is the law that God gave to Israel because Jesus Christ himself says that "this is the law and the prophets". This is the law that remains in effect, that Jesus Christ came not to abolish ("Think not that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets"). And of this law did pass "not one jot not one tittle", of the Law that Jesus Christ teaches us in the Gospel and that is the true Law that God gave to Moses.


Now I also remember the Law of Jesus Christ expressed in commandments, as the Gospel teaches:

"And behold, one came to him and said, Teacher, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? And he said unto him, Why askest thou me concerning that which is good? One there is who is good: but if thou wouldest enter into life, keep the commandments. He saith unto him, Which? And Jesus said, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honor thy father and mother; and, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. The young man saith unto him, All these things have I observed: what lack I yet? Jesus said unto him, If thou wouldest be perfect, go, sell that which thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me. But when the young man heard the saying, he went away sorrowful; for he was one that had great possessions" (Matthew 19: 16-22


And this law and these commandments are in effect for all peoples.

However, no one is under the laws of the Old Testament that were abolished by Jesus Christ, because those laws were not true Law of God. We are all under the Law and the commandments of Christ, which are the only true Law of God.
Hi Porque, I think you need to differentiate between the Mosaic Law and the ten commandments, or 11 with the one Jesus added.

The Mosaic law included all the common day laws, the laws that all the Kings had to write down and read every day. They included the Sabbath rule, the sacrifice conditions, the tithing, hygiene laws, even to the treatment of leprosy, and the many, many daily laws that was the way God required the Israelites to carry out to remain faithful and to secure their salvation.


It was those laws that Jesus replaced. His sacrifice rendered the Mosaic Laws redundant, all of them, not just some. These Mosaic laws were the "Law's of the Prophets".

Remember that the Mosaic Laws remained for some years after The time of Jesus' ministry. In 36CE Peter, via a vision, found that he could preach to and invite he Gentiles into the Christian congregations.

Last edited by Marakorpa; 09-10-2016 at 08:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2016, 10:12 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma
2,186 posts, read 793,083 times
Reputation: 1004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porque77 View Post
I disagree, because in the world there are the God's children and the children of the devil. Then the whole world is not evil.
So, you are saying that atheist are children of the devil? Is there even 2 brain cells in your head that think it might be possible that some humans just don't accept the bible as legitimate? Considering it is filled with absurdness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2016, 08:29 PM
 
Location: Australia
481 posts, read 183,575 times
Reputation: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porque77 View Post
Hi Marakorpa. The Law that Jesus came not to abolish is the Law of the Gospel.

The Law that Jesus came not to abolish, from which shall pass not one jot or one tittle, is the Law of the Gospel, which is the true Law of God. But Jesus Christ abolished many commandments of the Old Testament (Matthew 5:31-48, Matthew 12:1-8, John 5:8-11, John 5:16-18, John 8:3-11 and the whole context of the Gospel).



The Gospel says: "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets.... one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law" (Matthew 5:17-20) .

In these words are based many religions to tell us that Jesus Christ came not to abolish the commandments of the Old Testament, but that is a mistake because these gospel words do not refer to the law of the Old Testament, because Jesus Christ abolished many commandments of the Old Testament, as we see in Matthew 5: 21-48 and other parts of the Gospel.

The words of Jesus Christ in this famous verse (Matthew 5: 17), which tells us that He did not come to abolish the Law and the Prophets, refers to the true Law of God, which is the Law that Jesus Christ himself taught us in the Gospel. Jesus Christ teaches that the law and the prophets that He did not come to abolish is the following:

"All things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets" (Matthew 7: 12) .

Therefore, this is the law that God gave to Israel because Jesus Christ himself says that "this is the law and the prophets". This is the law that remains in effect, that Jesus Christ came not to abolish ("Think not that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets"). And of this law did pass "not one jot not one tittle", of the Law that Jesus Christ teaches us in the Gospel and that is the true Law that God gave to Moses.


Now I also remember the Law of Jesus Christ expressed in commandments, as the Gospel teaches:

"And behold, one came to him and said, Teacher, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? And he said unto him, Why askest thou me concerning that which is good? One there is who is good: but if thou wouldest enter into life, keep the commandments. He saith unto him, Which? And Jesus said, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honor thy father and mother; and, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. The young man saith unto him, All these things have I observed: what lack I yet? Jesus said unto him, If thou wouldest be perfect, go, sell that which thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me. But when the young man heard the saying, he went away sorrowful; for he was one that had great possessions" (Matthew 19: 16-22


And this law and these commandments are in effect for all peoples.

However, no one is under the laws of the Old Testament that were abolished by Jesus Christ, because those laws were not true Law of God. We are all under the Law and the commandments of Christ, which are the only true Law of God.
How do you determine that the Mosaic Laws were not the law of God. Didn't God give the laws and Moses wrote them on tablets? Didn't the Kings have to rewrite the laws and read them every day so as to be in line with God? I propose that you are incorrect here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2016, 12:05 PM
 
206 posts, read 182,673 times
Reputation: 19
Default The law that Jesus CAME NOT TO ABOLISH is the GOSPEL'S LAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porque77
Hi Marakorpa. The Law that Jesus came not to abolish is the Law of the Gospel.

The Law that Jesus came not to abolish, from which shall pass not one jot or one tittle, is the Law of the Gospel, which is the true Law of God. But Jesus Christ abolished many commandments of the Old Testament (Matthew 5:31-48, Matthew 12:1-8, John 5:8-11, John 5:16-18, John 8:3-11 and the whole context of the Gospel).

"And behold, one came to him and said, Teacher, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? And he said unto him, Why askest thou me concerning that which is good? One there is who is good: but if thou wouldest enter into life, keep the commandments. He saith unto him, Which? And Jesus said, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honor thy father and mother; and, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. The young man saith unto him, All these things have I observed: what lack I yet? Jesus said unto him, If thou wouldest be perfect, go, sell that which thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me. But when the young man heard the saying, he went away sorrowful; for he was one that had great possessions" (Matthew 19: 16-22

And this law and these commandments are in effect for all peoples.

However, no one is under the laws of the Old Testament that were abolished by Jesus Christ, because those laws were not true Law of God. We are all under the Law and the commandments of Christ, which are the only true Law of God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marakorpa View Post
How do you determine that the Mosaic Laws were not the law of God.
God gave the law to Moses but after, the scribes changed The law... so say the prophets:

I give you an example:

Joel 3
Proclaim this among the nations: Prepare a war; rouse the mighty men! Let all the soldiers draw near, let them come up! 10Beat your plowshares into swords And your pruning hooks into spears; Let the weak say, "I am a mighty man."

Isaiah says just the opposite,

'' And he will judge between the nations, and will decide concerning many peoples; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning-hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.''
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2016, 12:13 PM
 
17,586 posts, read 10,656,824 times
Reputation: 8510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marakorpa View Post
How do you determine that the Mosaic Laws were not the law of God. Didn't God give the laws and Moses wrote them on tablets? Didn't the Kings have to rewrite the laws and read them every day so as to be in line with God? I propose that you are incorrect here.
You are correct as Paul spoke of one of the 10 and one of the Many laws as all one Law and they were.

Not one part of the law passed away until.

Matthew 5:17-18 17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Jesus fulfilled the Law as he said he would and then the law passed away to be replaced by the Law of Christ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-13-2016, 12:45 AM
 
Location: Australia
481 posts, read 183,575 times
Reputation: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porque77 View Post
God gave the law to Moses but after, the scribes changed The law... so say the prophets:

I give you an example:

Joel 3
Proclaim this among the nations: Prepare a war; rouse the mighty men! Let all the soldiers draw near, let them come up! 10Beat your plowshares into swords And your pruning hooks into spears; Let the weak say, "I am a mighty man."

Isaiah says just the opposite,

'' And he will judge between the nations, and will decide concerning many peoples; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning-hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.''

Isaiah is talking about things after Armageddon, when the meek inherit the earth. Joel is talking about the wars of the Israelites in the time it happened.

Also, At the time that Jesus said he came not to destroy the law could not have been referring to the Gospel as the Gospel had not been established at that time. There was only one commandment added by the Gospel, and that is "Love one another". The ten Commandments were to remain if force for all time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2016, 03:42 PM
 
206 posts, read 182,673 times
Reputation: 19
Default The law that Jesus CAME NOT TO ABOLISH is the GOSPEL'S LAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Not one part of the law passed away until.

Matthew 5:17-18 17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Hi expatCA. The Law that Jesus came not to abolish is the Law of the Gospel.

The Law that Jesus came not to abolish, from which shall pass not one jot or one tittle, is the Law of the Gospel, which is the true Law of God. But Jesus Christ abolished many commandments of the Old Testament (Matthew 5:31-48, Matthew 12:1-8, John 5:8-11, John 5:16-18, John 8:3-11 and the whole context of the Gospel).

The Law that Jesus came not to abolish is the Law of the Gospel:

"And behold, one came to him and said, Teacher, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? And he said unto him, Why askest thou me concerning that which is good? One there is who is good: but
if thou wouldest enter into life, keep the commandments. He saith unto him, Which? And Jesus said, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honor thy father and mother; and, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. The young man saith unto him, All these things have I observed: what lack I yet? Jesus said unto him, If thou wouldest be perfect, go, sell that which thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me. But when the young man heard the saying, he went away sorrowful; for he was one that had great possessions" (Matthew 19: 16-22

And this law and these commandments are in effect for all peoples.

However, no one is under the laws of the Old Testament that were abolished by Jesus Christ, because those laws were not true Law of God. We are all under the Law and the commandments of Christ, which are the only true Law of God.
[LEFT]
[/LEFT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top