U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2016, 06:28 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,091,221 times

Advertisements

amen!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2016, 10:14 PM

619 posts, read 196,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
wadr it seems to be three on one here, and as i am too ignorant in the matter to come as a witness for nate, it would be nice to get some other perspectives, on this "putting the stick back together" thing. i am presently persuaded that a Christ~follower might accomplish this in their unflagging pursuit of Loving Their Neighbor, which let's admit is not that gushy thing that it is often characterized as, and is the work of some years to come to understand. However, as i said, i am grasping at straws, so to speak.

any chance you guys could think of someone to provide another perspective, to balance the discourse here? or should this be taken as a sign of the correctness of reestablishing Judaism? ty
If one internalizes all of it then nothing need be "abolished" or done away.

Old 11-18-2016, 10:29 PM

16,256 posts, read 7,644,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post

What year do you think that Christian gentiles converts to Judaism left Judaism?

What year?
The year of the First Council in Jerusalem recorded in Acts when they decided that gentiles did not need to convert to Judaism. Did you think that Christians worshipped openly in Rome?

Old 11-18-2016, 10:32 PM

16,256 posts, read 7,644,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daqq View Post
If one "internalizes" the "jots and tittles" that specify the actions of sacrifice are done away.

Old 11-18-2016, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
If one "internalizes" the "jots and tittles" that specify the actions of sacrifice are done away.
Good for you: sacrifices concern prayer, so you have no more need to pray.
Yes, for you prayer is abolished . . .

Old 11-19-2016, 04:40 AM

Hosea 14:2
2 Take words with you, and turn to YHWH: say unto Him, "[Please] take away all iniquity, and receive us graciously", so shall we render the bullocks of our lips.

Pesky jots, tittles, and prophets . . .

Old 11-19-2016, 07:20 AM

Quote:
amen! well, i see this, i perceive it is true, but as an Apostate Gentile, i really have not even perceived these yet, these things i must needs internalize, so that they no longer need to be re-layed as a foundation, over and over again, as i did with Sin, when i worshipped a Snake on a Pole. Iow i seem to have found Word, Grace, Pneuma--i have experienced Paul's meeting Him in the air--but i still seem to lack some Root, or Law, (Festival observance? but not ritualized?)

so then, i seek to fulfill these, not abolish them.

Old 11-19-2016, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
that is too distilled even for me, a distiller, lol. can you rephrase that? ty

i am misunderstanding, because wadr "run-on sentence," i think is what that is called.
if that is still unclear, attempt to put a comma in the sentence anywhere that seems possible, and read the result.

ty again

Old 11-19-2016, 07:35 AM

9,276 posts, read 3,145,516 times
Quote:
Hosea 14:2
2 Take words with you, and turn to YHWH: say unto Him, "[Please] take away all iniquity, and receive us graciously", so shall we render the bullocks of our lips.

Pesky jots, tittles, and prophets . . .

Yes, aren't they, roflol.... Peace

Old 11-19-2016, 07:39 AM

9,276 posts, read 3,145,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
that is too distilled even for me, a distiller, lol. can you rephrase that? ty

i am misunderstanding, because wadr "run-on sentence," i think is what that is called.
if that is still unclear, attempt to put a comma in the sentence anywhere that seems possible, and read the result.

ty again

Hey, kudos to you, you recognize you're a distiller. We are supposed to distill things out of the kingdom of darkness (carnal mind, where the true riches are currently being laid up for the just) and into the kingdom of light (mind of Christ). Don't look now, you're being translated. Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity