U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-19-2016, 08:37 AM
 
20,557 posts, read 9,916,366 times
Reputation: 1695

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Israel became a part of Rome in 6 A.D, Herod Archelaus was deposed by Caesar Augustus.


At that time, there were two men walking around claiming to be the son of God, one of Rome/Egypt, and one of Jerusalem.


In front of the Vatican stands an Obelisk devoted to the walking God of Rome, Caesar.


So you are a pagan butcher living in a province of Rome, not unlike Jerusalem or Israel under the authority of Rome. What you did was you would sell half a heifer, and make money, the other half you sold or gave to the Pagan priests, and so this meant that you could not do business with people who believed in Pagan holy days. You bought the half that made money for THEIR Temple, a sacrifice by a devoted Pagan and so you have eaten meat sacrificed to other Gods.


This meant that you can't buy from a Pagan IF YOU KNOW that money will be spent to their cause.


You didn't do business with Pagans.


What does it really mean when you walk into Walmart and buy meat?


They make their big money in Saturnalia, Halloween, Easter, and Valentines day, a religious day by American law, it was deemed a religious Holy day by the American Government.




You can't do business without dealing with Pagans, and every time you buy non kosher meat at Wallyworld?, 99 percent chance is this. ''You just bought meat sacrificed to idols.''
Have you not read what David did when he and his companions were hungry?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-19-2016, 08:43 AM
 
20,557 posts, read 9,916,366 times
Reputation: 1695
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
that is too distilled even for me, a distiller, lol. can you rephrase that? ty

i am misunderstanding, because wadr "run-on sentence," i think is what that is called.
if that is still unclear, attempt to put a comma in the sentence anywhere that seems possible, and read the result.


ty again
If you had known what these words mean, 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice,' you would not have condemned the innocent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2016, 08:45 AM
 
Location: Olam Haba
619 posts, read 199,211 times
Reputation: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
amen! well, i see this, i perceive it is true, but as an Apostate Gentile, i really have not even perceived these yet, these things i must needs internalize, so that they no longer need to be re-layed as a foundation, over and over again, as i did with Sin, when i worshipped a Snake on a Pole. Iow i seem to have found Word, Grace, Pneuma--i have experienced Paul's meeting Him in the air--but i still seem to lack some Root, or Law, (Festival observance? but not ritualized?)

so then, i seek to fulfill these, not abolish them.
Look at what the Prophet Jeremiah says concerning sacrifices:

Jeremiah 7:21-24
21 Thus says YHWH Tsabaoth, Elohey of Yisrael; Add your burnt offerings to your sacrifices and eat flesh:
22 But I spake not unto your fathers, nor commanded them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices:
23 But this thing commanded I them, saying, Diligently hear My voice, and I will be your Elohim, and you shall be My people: and walk in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you.
24 But they hearkened not, nor inclined their ear, but walked in the counsels and in the imagination of their evil heart, and went backward, and not forward.


The problem is not with the law but with man not diligently hearing what it says. In John 10:34 Yeshua says, "Is it not written in your law, 'I have said, You are Elohim'?", and we know that this quote comes from Psalm 82:6, so what does that tell us? No one disputes that this is LAW which means that the book of Psalms was and is also considered "law", and that is because the majority of the Psalms are written by kings and priests, (and likely about ten Psalms penned by Moshe himself). Therefore, if the book of Psalms is also considered Law, then we need to place it on authority at the very least almost if not equal to Torah. Psalms is probably where Hoshea in the passage I quoted previously gets his understanding of the calves or bullocks of our lips:

A Psalm of king David:

Psalm 51:14-19
14 Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O Elohim, Elohey of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of your righteousness.
15 O Adonai, open my lips; and my mouth shall show forth your praise.
16 For you desire not sacrifice; else would I give it: you delight not in burnt offering.
17 The sacrifices of Elohim are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O Elohim, you will not despise.
18 Do goodness in your good pleasure unto Zion; build the walls of Yerushalem:
19 Then shall you be pleased with the sacrifices of righteous whole ascending offerings: then shall they cause bullocks to ascend upon your altar.


It is again "the bullocks of our lips", that is, upright prayer; the sweet savor of a righteous ascending offering. And in this manner likewise you will not have the bloodguiltiness mentioned in the first line of the quote herein above. For starters all you need is an altar of adamah, (that is to say, your heart, for Adam was taken from dust of the adamah).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2016, 08:53 AM
 
20,557 posts, read 9,916,366 times
Reputation: 1695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Hey, kudos to you, you recognize you're a distiller. We are supposed to distill things out of the kingdom of darkness (carnal mind, where the true riches are currently being laid up for the just) and into the kingdom of light (mind of Christ). Don't look now, you're being translated. Peace
I do not condemn your mystical approach, but the impurities will float to the surface, eventually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2016, 10:20 AM
 
Location: N. Fort Myers, FL
3,348 posts, read 1,102,914 times
Reputation: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Have you not read what David did when he and his companions were hungry?
since you present a literal understanding there--valuable though it is, which reflects the spiritual principle, granted--i would like to offer a...i guess not more spiritual, but a different literal understanding of this "meat offered to idols," that being that the meat in Wally world (CAFO), and of course, any grocery store, has been offered to the idol of Mammon, Profit, and is tortured every day of its life, fed poop, diseased, given antibiotics--which, after all, you are a Biotic--every natural urge suppressed, not fed from your local patch (ignoring the lesson of Local Honey), but imported from halfway around the world, stuffed with hormones and unfermented soy, not even given a decent death, put to sleep with a razor to the jugular, no, shocked, stunned, and then processed, colored, frozen, shipped, handled, traded for fake money--preferably "on sale, or at a discount", by other Mammon-worshippers, and then consumed by them.

What are you spending your money on, if not food?

also, little known, and completely unremarked, that i can tell, do you see how stress is also being engineered into our other consumer products?

stress, after all, is possibly the next best pop reduction measure, after war, and jamming estrogen analogs up every orifice (unfermented soy) imo.

Last edited by bbyrd009; 11-19-2016 at 11:26 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2016, 10:28 AM
 
Location: Southern Oregon
16,391 posts, read 7,726,227 times
Reputation: 1737
Quote:
Originally Posted by daqq View Post
Good for you: sacrifices concern prayer, so you have no more need to pray.
Yes, for you prayer is abolished . . .
IF prayer equalled sacrifice you might have a point instead of mere inanity, but ALL that has "passed away" are the FORMS of sacrifice, but the point here is that you acknowledge that they HAVE in the face of the scripture that says none WILL until ALL is accomplished. The obvious conclusion is that ALL the forms of Law have passed away AS basis for judgement. Now we are judged by the condition of our hearts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2016, 10:30 AM
 
Location: Southern Oregon
16,391 posts, read 7,726,227 times
Reputation: 1737
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
amen! well, i see this, i perceive it is true, but as an Apostate Gentile, i really have not even perceived these yet, these things i must needs internalize, so that they no longer need to be re-layed as a foundation, over and over again, as i did with Sin, when i worshipped a Snake on a Pole. Iow i seem to have found Word, Grace, Pneuma--i have experienced Paul's meeting Him in the air--but i still seem to lack some Root, or Law, (Festival observance? but not ritualized?)

so then, i seek to fulfill these, not abolish them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2016, 10:40 AM
 
20,557 posts, read 9,916,366 times
Reputation: 1695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Have you not read what David did when he and his companions were hungry?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
since you present a literal understanding there--valuable though it is, which reflects the spiritual principle, granted--i would like to offer a...i guess not more spiritual, but a different literal understanding of this "meat offered to idols," that being that the meat in Wally world (CAFO), and of course, any grocery store, has been offered to the idol of Mammon, Profit, and is tortured every day of its life, and is malnourished, and hormoned, and antibioticized--and after all, you are Biotic--and put through hell even in slaughter, shocked, and not put to sleep, effectively, with a razor to the jugular, and sterilized, and processed, and frozen, and shipped, and never ate from the earth around you...and. andandandandand. stuff i do not even know, cannot even envision. fed waste. and i mean ****. or poop, if that doesn't post.

also, little known, and completely unremarked, that i can tell, do you see how stress is also being engineered into our other consumer products?

stress, after all, is possibly the next best pop reduction measure, after war, and jamming estrogen analogs up every orifice (unfermented soy) imo.
A lack of mercy can create a stressful environment. Now, is it lawful to eat on the Sabbath.
Or, must one starve to death because Religiosity runs to, and fro like a rabid dog?

Consuming whom it may devour!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2016, 10:44 AM
 
Location: N. Fort Myers, FL
3,348 posts, read 1,102,914 times
Reputation: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
If you had known what these words mean, 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice,' you would not have condemned the innocent.
yes, amen. we seek to follow Cain, and plow our own ground, self-help, and damn the torpedos, and then we seek forgiveness from God through sacrifice, for shooting the torpedoes, lol.which is why the solutions of Abel, little children, are solicited merely for a chuckle, and not to be seriously considered.

but hey, who am i to talk; i am doing my level best, and not one, single person or entity is even trying half-heartedly to kill me yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2016, 10:54 AM
 
Location: N. Fort Myers, FL
3,348 posts, read 1,102,914 times
Reputation: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by daqq View Post
Look at what the Prophet Jeremiah says concerning sacrifices:

Jeremiah 7:21-24
21 Thus says YHWH Tsabaoth, Elohey of Yisrael; Add your burnt offerings to your sacrifices and eat flesh:
22 But I spake not unto your fathers, nor commanded them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices:
23 But this thing commanded I them, saying, Diligently hear My voice, and I will be your Elohim, and you shall be My people: and walk in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you.
24 But they hearkened not, nor inclined their ear, but walked in the counsels and in the imagination of their evil heart, and went backward, and not forward.


The problem is not with the law but with man not diligently hearing what it says. In John 10:34 Yeshua says, "Is it not written in your law, 'I have said, You are Elohim'?", and we know that this quote comes from Psalm 82:6, so what does that tell us? No one disputes that this is LAW which means that the book of Psalms was and is also considered "law", and that is because the majority of the Psalms are written by kings and priests, (and likely about ten Psalms penned by Moshe himself). Therefore, if the book of Psalms is also considered Law, then we need to place it on authority at the very least almost if not equal to Torah. Psalms is probably where Hoshea in the passage I quoted previously gets his understanding of the calves or bullocks of our lips:

A Psalm of king David:

Psalm 51:14-19
14 Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O Elohim, Elohey of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of your righteousness.
15 O Adonai, open my lips; and my mouth shall show forth your praise.
16 For you desire not sacrifice; else would I give it: you delight not in burnt offering.
17 The sacrifices of Elohim are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O Elohim, you will not despise.
18 Do goodness in your good pleasure unto Zion; build the walls of Yerushalem:
19 Then shall you be pleased with the sacrifices of righteous whole ascending offerings: then shall they cause bullocks to ascend upon your altar.


It is again "the bullocks of our lips", that is, upright prayer; the sweet savor of a righteous ascending offering. And in this manner likewise you will not have the bloodguiltiness mentioned in the first line of the quote herein above. For starters all you need is an altar of adamah, (that is to say, your heart, for Adam was taken from dust of the adamah).
nice, ty. this speaks.

but, since i am asking for others here, i must ask about-

-regardless of the obvious health benefits of avoiding red meat, and the caution about leaving the fat, for the moment-

-your perspective on the vv that seem to sanction cow-

-a "herder," if not technically a "swarmer," dunno there; "schools of fish" = "herds of cows," to my mind anyway-

-"choose the split-hooved, chew the cud variety," etc. ty
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top