U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2016, 10:56 AM

15,022 posts, read 5,038,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Have you not read what David did when he and his companions were hungry?

LOL, you should see what I do.

I talk about the law a lot, but I am no where close to even trying to keep it as Jews keep it. I shouldn't eat pork cause it isn't supposed to be good for you, but I gotta have me some pig. I don't keep any days, or Sabbaths but I would like to, it just isn't possible when your family doesn't have the same holy days but I don't judge them anymore like I used to.

Even if my family isn't exactly in the same religion as me, what I do and who I am proves that I am no where close to them. I am a black sheep of the family and if somebody wanted to show a bad example, it would be me.

I often say,'' So what, I was a bad father showing a bad example, but sometimes maybe that's what kids need.''

I rationalize, but even as bad as I was, all my children are successful and they don't do what they saw their father do, and this may be because they were so disgusted, it turned them to seeking righteousness lol.

As long as they aint like me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2016, 10:57 AM

3,348 posts, read 1,100,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Hey, kudos to you, you recognize you're a distiller. We are supposed to distill things out of the kingdom of darkness (carnal mind, where the true riches are currently being laid up for the just) and into the kingdom of light (mind of Christ). Don't look now, you're being translated. Peace
Quote:
I do not condemn your mystical approach, but the impurities will float to the surface, eventually.
i think Rbbi1 and i are here to crucible each other, ya

Old 11-19-2016, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daqq View Post
Good for you: sacrifices concern prayer, so you have no more need to pray.
Yes, for you prayer is abolished . . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
IF prayer equalled sacrifice you might have a point instead of mere inanity, but ALL that has "passed away" are the FORMS of sacrifice, but the point here is that you acknowledge that they HAVE in the face of the scripture that says none WILL until ALL is accomplished. The obvious conclusion is that ALL the forms of Law have passed away AS basis for judgement. Now we are judged by the condition of our hearts.
y'know, i have observed--chiefly in witnessing people whom i was told i would surely love, and i absolutely detest--that those most like us are least likely to be appreciated by us; while it is those who are most different from us that we seem to be the most appreciative of. it's like a competition thing, or something. dunno.

Old 11-19-2016, 11:27 AM

Quote:
A lack of mercy can create a stressful environment. Now, is it lawful to eat on the Sabbath.
Or, must one starve to death because Religiosity runs to, and fro like a rabid dog?

Consuming whom it may devour!
we manifest from our spirits, and must reap what we sow.

Old 11-19-2016, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
yes, amen. we seek to follow Cain, and plow our own ground, self-help, and damn the torpedos, and then we seek forgiveness from God through sacrifice, for shooting the torpedoes, lol.which is why the solutions of Abel, little children, are solicited merely for a chuckle, and not to be seriously considered.

but hey, who am i to talk; i am doing my level best, and not one, single person or entity is even trying half-heartedly to kill me yet.
and we are much worse off than Cain, in a sense, now; we allow others to plow our own ground for us, we cannot even be bothered to do this, in the physical sense, anyway.

Old 11-19-2016, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post

I talk about the law a lot, but I am no where close to even trying to keep it as Jews keep it. I shouldn't eat pork cause it isn't supposed to be good for you, but I gotta have me some pig. I don't keep any days, or Sabbaths but I would like to, it just isn't possible when your family doesn't have the same holy days but I don't judge them anymore like I used to.

Even if my family isn't exactly in the same religion as me, what I do and who I am proves that I am no where close to them. I am a black sheep of the family and if somebody wanted to show a bad example, it would be me.

I often say,'' So what, I was a bad father showing a bad example, but sometimes maybe that's what kids need.''

I rationalize, but even as bad as I was, all my children are successful and they don't do what they saw their father do, and this may be because they were so disgusted, it turned them to seeking righteousness lol.

i am reminded here that Jesus did not go to Temple to find His Apostles, but rather went to fishermen, a historically rough bunch. Sorry that your children are successful, Hann.

Old 11-19-2016, 11:36 AM

9,288 posts, read 3,177,451 times
Quote:

As long as you can hear me bro, that gives me joy. Peace

Old 11-19-2016, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post

You know Han, I have seen this principle at work many times in families over the years. But I'm still at a loss to explain it (spiritually) exactly. Some day. Peace

Old 11-19-2016, 11:49 AM

20,487 posts, read 9,895,515 times
Quote:
You will have to remove the salt from the sea water.

Old 11-19-2016, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daqq View Post

19 Then shall you be pleased with the sacrifices of righteous whole ascending offerings: then shall they cause bullocks to ascend upon your altar.

Certainly worked out that way for Abraham (the originator of our faith) and Isaac, didn't it? Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity