U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2017, 09:32 PM

8,671 posts, read 3,100,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Hey man, I didn't start it. The other folks did. I do enjoy the bullhorn though
Try mixing it up a little.
Your rythym was a bit flat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2017, 04:48 PM

206 posts, read 182,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I stopped reading after a couple sentences because how do you go from there?

Jesus SPECIFICALLY SPOKE OF THE LAWS OF MOSES.

Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them, but to fulfill them.

Specifically telling you,'' THE LAW AND THE PROPHETS,'' you can't rationalize any other law into this save the laws of Moses.............
The Law that Moses received (THE LAW AND THE PROPHETS) is not the commandments that are written in the Old Testament that ordered men to make wars and kill people. The Law that Moses received is the Law that Jesus taught us when He preached the Gospel, because Jesus himself said that the Law and the prophets is this:

The Gospel says: "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets.... one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law" (Matthew 5:17-20) .

In these words are based many religions to tell us that Jesus Christ came not to abolish the commandments of the Old Testament, but that is a mistake because these gospel words do not refer to the law of the Old Testament, because Jesus Christ abolished many commandments of the Old Testament, as we see in Matthew 5: 21-48 and other parts of the Gospel.

The words of Jesus Christ in this famous verse (Matthew 5: 17), which tells us that He did not come to abolish the Law and the Prophets, refers to the true Law of God, which is the Law that Jesus Christ himself taught us in the Gospel. Jesus Christ teaches that the law and the prophets that He did not come to abolish is the following:

"All things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets" (Matthew 7: 12) .

Therefore, this is the law that God gave to Israel because Jesus Christ himself says that "this is the law and the prophets". This is the law that remains in effect, that Jesus Christ came not to abolish ("Think not that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets"). And of this law did pass "not one jot not one tittle", of the Law that Jesus Christ teaches us in the Gospel and that is the true Law that God gave to Moses.

Now I also remember the Law of Jesus Christ expressed in commandments, as the Gospel teaches:

"And behold, one came to him and said, Teacher, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? And he said unto him, Why askest thou me concerning that which is good? One there is who is good: but if thou wouldest enter into life, keep the commandments. He saith unto him, Which? And Jesus said, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honor thy father and mother; and, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. The young man saith unto him, All these things have I observed: what lack I yet? Jesus said unto him, If thou wouldest be perfect, go, sell that which thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me. But when the young man heard the saying, he went away sorrowful; for he was one that had great possessions" (Matthew 19: 16-22

And this law and these commandments are in effect for all peoples.
However, no one is under the laws of the Old Testament that were abolished by Jesus Christ, because those laws were not true Law of God. We are all under the Law and the commandments of Christ, which are the only true Law of God.

Old 11-10-2017, 08:04 PM

8,671 posts, read 3,100,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porque77 View Post
The Law that Moses received (THE LAW AND THE PROPHETS) is not the commandments that are written in the Old Testament that ordered men to make wars and kill people. The Law that Moses received is the Law that Jesus taught us when He preached the Gospel, because Jesus himself said that the Law and the prophets is this:

The Gospel says: "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets.... one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law" (Matthew 5:17-20) .

In these words are based many religions to tell us that Jesus Christ came not to abolish the commandments of the Old Testament, but that is a mistake because these gospel words do not refer to the law of the Old Testament, because Jesus Christ abolished many commandments of the Old Testament, as we see in Matthew 5: 21-48 and other parts of the Gospel.

The words of Jesus Christ in this famous verse (Matthew 5: 17), which tells us that He did not come to abolish the Law and the Prophets, refers to the true Law of God, which is the Law that Jesus Christ himself taught us in the Gospel. Jesus Christ teaches that the law and the prophets that He did not come to abolish is the following:

"All things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets" (Matthew 7: 12) .

Therefore, this is the law that God gave to Israel because Jesus Christ himself says that "this is the law and the prophets". This is the law that remains in effect, that Jesus Christ came not to abolish ("Think not that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets"). And of this law did pass "not one jot not one tittle", of the Law that Jesus Christ teaches us in the Gospel and that is the true Law that God gave to Moses.

Now I also remember the Law of Jesus Christ expressed in commandments, as the Gospel teaches:

"And behold, one came to him and said, Teacher, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? And he said unto him, Why askest thou me concerning that which is good? One there is who is good: but if thou wouldest enter into life, keep the commandments. He saith unto him, Which? And Jesus said, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honor thy father and mother; and, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. The young man saith unto him, All these things have I observed: what lack I yet? Jesus said unto him, If thou wouldest be perfect, go, sell that which thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me. But when the young man heard the saying, he went away sorrowful; for he was one that had great possessions" (Matthew 19: 16-22

And this law and these commandments are in effect for all peoples.
However, no one is under the laws of the Old Testament that were abolished by Jesus Christ, because those laws were not true Law of God. We are all under the Law and the commandments of Christ, which are the only true Law of God.
Now this is a camel's worth.
Though I've had difficulty remembering the name of Abraham's first born.
I imagine it is because there is a person that gave only thought to follow a single path on that faithfull journey.
And I've yet to recall what this servant found descibed with eyes alone.

Old 11-12-2017, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Now this is a camel's worth.
Though I've had difficulty remembering the name of Abraham's first born.
I imagine it is because there is a person that gave only thought to follow a single path on that faithfull journey.
And I've yet to recall what this servant found descibed with eyes alone.
I don't understand you, but you have to understand that in the Old Testament there are written many commandments that were only precepts of men because Jesus abolished them. All that Jesus abolished from the Old Testament were only precepts of men, because Jesus did not come to abolish the Law of God.

The mandates that ordered men to harm and kill people are precepts of men, because the Law of God ordered: YOU WILL NOT KILL, and the Law of God was given forever, as the scriptures say:

" Faithful are all His commandments , They stand fast for ever and ever , done in truth and uprightness. Sent redemption to his people, for ever he has commanded his covenant " (Psalm 111:7-9 )

" From your decrees I have known for some time that has established forever " (Psalm 119 : 152) .

Old 11-13-2017, 10:40 AM

14,765 posts, read 4,958,159 times
Quote:
I don't understand you, but you have to understand that in the Old Testament there are written many commandments that were only precepts of men because Jesus abolished them.

LOL, you keep directly contradicting what Jesus said about the law, is that how it works? You take what Jesus said and you try and turn it to the exact opposite?

''Do not think that I have come to abolish the law.''

If anything Jesus did resulted in the law being abolished, you make him a liar or what?

Jesus couldn't be any more clear about the law.

Old 01-30-2018, 11:43 PM

Quote:
LOL, you keep directly contradicting what Jesus said about the law, is that how it works? You take what Jesus said and you try and turn it to the exact opposite?

''Do not think that I have come to abolish the law.''

If anything Jesus did resulted in the law being abolished, you make him a liar or what?

Jesus couldn't be any more clear about the law.
You don't understand. The Law that Jesus came not to abolish, from which shall pass not one jot or one tittle, is the Law of the Gospel, which is the true Law of God. But Jesus Christ abolished many commandments of the Old Testament (Matthew 5:31-48, Matthew 12:1-8, John 5:8-11, John 5:16-18, John 8:3-11 and the whole context of the Gospel). And He abolished them because weren't God's commandments, but precepts of men.

Old 01-31-2018, 11:18 AM

Where you been man, You never talk to me anymore, where you been, missed ya.

Old 02-11-2018, 04:07 PM

Quote:
I am sorry. I have not been able to enter before. Did you understand what I said in the previous response?:

Quote:
You don't understand. The Law that Jesus came not to abolish, from which shall pass not one jot or one tittle, is the Law of the Gospel, which is the true Law of God. But Jesus Christ abolished many commandments of the Old Testament (Matthew 5:31-48, Matthew 12:1-8, John 5:8-11, John 5:16-18, John 8:3-11 and the whole context of the Gospel). And He abolished them because weren't God's commandments, but precepts of men.

Old 02-12-2018, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I am sorry. I have not been able to enter before. Did you understand what I said in the previous response?:
The Law of the New Covenant is the Law that Jesus taught us when He preached the Gospel and his merciful commandments, and we are under the commandments that the Gospel teaches us, because Jesus said:

"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets" (Matthew 7: 12)

"if thou wouldest enter into life, keep the commandments. He saith unto him, Which? And Jesus said, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honor thy father and mother; and, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. The young man saith unto him, All these things have I observed: what lack I yet? Jesus said unto him, If thou wouldest be perfect, go, sell that which thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me. But when the young man heard the saying, he went away sorrowful; for he was one that had great possessions" (Matthew 19: 16-22

These are the commandments of the Gospel, which are very different to the commandments of the Old Testament, for all the commandments of the Gospel are merciful, but many commandments of the Old Testament commanded death sentences, wars and slavery.
These commandmets of death sentences, wars and slavery aren't God's commandments, and christians are not under those commandments

Jesus Christ preached us the true God's Law, but Roma's emperors (emperor Constantine, IV century) don't wanted the Gospel's Law and they imposed the Old Testament's laws saying these laws were the God's commandments. Since then, the Gospel's Law was unknown to the christian people as the only God's Law and the God's true Law.

Old 02-19-2018, 01:35 PM

The law of Jesus IS the law of God, IS the laws of Moses.

The law is a wedding contract, the laws of slavery are not written of slavery, and YOU are both a slave and a freeman.

Within the law of Moses are two laws because YOU are two people, and so there is a law for the first born, and a law for the second born as a law for Ishmael, and a law for Isaac. There is a law for the flesh, and a law for the spirit. There is therefore no more male or female because YOU are both. You are female by flesh being the son of Eve, but the spirit that dwells within the flesh is male. This is why it is said that there is no more Jew and no more Gentile. God didn't do away with Jews and Gentiles, it is that the Gentile represents the flesh and the male spirit inside is a Jew, or is it not?

If a man claims to be a bride of Christ, he is saying that he is the body, he is the Temple which holds the spirit of a male Jew, and the two are to become as one.

There is therefore no more slave and no more freeman because we are both, slaves and servants to the will of the spirit, slaves in this body of death but free in Christ and we die daily so that the Jew can live.

There had to be two kingdoms of Israel to show the two sons, the prodigal and the son who stayed home, and this is Ephraim and Judah respectively just as our flesh bodies crave what it wants and it does what it wants until a time comes that it returns to God.

Jerusalem is between the two kingdoms, and Jerusalem is a Kingdom of itself in between flesh and spirit where the two should meet.

Sons and Heirs
(Genesis 21:1-8; Romans 8:12-17)

1Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all; 2But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father. 3Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world: 4But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, 5To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. 6And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. 7Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

Paul's Concern for the Galatians
8Howbeit then, when ye knew not God, ye did service unto them which by nature are no gods. 9But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage? 10Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years. 11I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.
12Brethren, I beseech you, be as I am; for I am as ye are: ye have not injured me at all. 13Ye know how through infirmity of the flesh I preached the gospel unto you at the first. 14And my temptation which was in my flesh ye despised not, nor rejected; but received me as an angel of God, even as Christ Jesus. 15Where is then the blessedness ye spake of? for I bear you record, that, if it had been possible, ye would have plucked out your own eyes, and have given them to me. 16Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth? 17They zealously affect you, but not well; yea, they would exclude you, that ye might affect them. 18But it is good to be zealously affected always in a good thing, and not only when I am present with you. 19My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you, 20I desire to be present with you now, and to change my voice; for I stand in doubt of you.

Hagar and Sarah
21Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law? 22For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman. 23But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise. 24Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar. 25For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children. 26But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.
27For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.
28Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise. 29But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.
30Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.
31So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.

The bondswoman and her son are within you, tell me, how does one cast them out?

Tell me if you know because I fail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity