Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2016, 05:47 PM

301 posts, read 285,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
The whole world is evil.
I do not agree, because Jesus Christ is the King of the world and nobody can nothing against him.

In recent centuries, men tried to Eliminate Have the Gospel of Jesus Christ and His merciful commandments. And for That, They searched difficult points in the letters Attributed to Paul to override the commandments of the Gospel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2016, 06:17 PM

2,652 posts, read 2,210,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porque77 View Post

WHICH IS THE LAW OF GOD?

The Old Testament? The New Testament? Or the Gospel?...

The commandments of the Gospel, are very different to the commandments of the Old Testament, for all the commandments of the Gospel are merciful, but many Old Testament commandments commands death sentences, wars and slavery.

The Law of God taught by Jesus Christ

"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets" (Matthew 7:12)

What God wants is the mercy

"If you had known what this means, I want mercy and not sacrifice, you wouldn’t have condemned the innocent" (Matthew 12:7)

Jesus commanded to forgive seventy times seven:

"Then Peter came and said: Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Till seven? Jesus said: I tell you, not seven times, but seventy times seven." (Matthew 18 :21-22)

Jesus speaks to the pharisees about the Law

When the Pharisees heard that Jesus had left the Sadducees speechless, they met together. One of them, a legal expert, tested him. Teacher, what is the greatest commandment in the Law? He replied, “You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your being, and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: You must love your neighbor as you love yourself. All the Law and the Prophets depend on these two commands” (Matthew 22:34-40)

Jesus teaches to a rich man, the precepts of the Law

"And behold, one came to him and said, Teacher, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? And he said unto him, Why askest thou me concerning that which is good? One there is who is good: but if thou wouldest enter into life, keep the commandments. He saith unto him, Which? And Jesus said, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honor thy father and mother; and, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. The young man saith unto him, All these things have I observed: what lack I yet? Jesus said unto him, If thou wouldest be perfect, go, sell that which thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me. But when the young man heard the saying, he went away sorrowful; for he was one that had great possessions" (Matthew 19:16-22)

These are the commandments of the Gospel, which are very different to the commandments of the Old Testament, for all the commandments of the Gospel are merciful, but many Old Testament commandments commands death sentences, wars and slavery.

So which is the law that the Christians must follow?

The law that Jesus CAME NOT TO ABOLISH is the GOSPEL'S LAW

You are laughably incorrect. Talk to a Messianic Jew.

Old 08-23-2016, 09:31 PM

481 posts, read 261,030 times
Quote:

WHICH IS THE LAW OF GOD?

The commandments of the Gospel, are very different to the commandments of the Old Testament, for all the commandments of the Gospel are merciful, but many Old Testament commandments commands death sentences, wars and slavery.

"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets" (Matthew 7:12)

"If you had known what this means, I want mercy and not sacrifice, you wouldn’t have condemned the innocent" (Matthew 12:7)

"Then Peter came and said: Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Till seven? Jesus said: I tell you, not seven times, but seventy times seven." (Matthew 18 :21-22)

When the Pharisees heard that Jesus had left the Sadducees speechless, they met together. One of them, a legal expert, tested him. Teacher, what is the greatest commandment in the Law? He replied, “You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your being, and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: You must love your neighbor as you love yourself. All the Law and the Prophets depend on these two commands” (Matthew 22:34-40)

"And behold, one came to him and said, Teacher, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? And he said unto him, Why askest thou me concerning that which is good? One there is who is good: but if thou wouldest enter into life, keep the commandments. He saith unto him, Which? And Jesus said, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honor thy father and mother; and, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. The young man saith unto him, All these things have I observed: what lack I yet? Jesus said unto him, If thou wouldest be perfect, go, sell that which thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me. But when the young man heard the saying, he went away sorrowful; for he was one that had great possessions" (Matthew 19:16-22)

These are the commandments of the Gospel, which are very different to the commandments of the Old Testament, for all the commandments of the Gospel are merciful, but many Old Testament commandments commands death sentences, wars and slavery.

When Jesus said "I came not to destroy the law but to fulfill it" He was talking about the Mosaic laws that were in force for the Jews back to the time of Moses.

Jesus fulfilled those (Salvation) laws by his ransom sacrifice, and in stalled the Kingdom of Heaven in the process.

He did observe the Sabbath for a time.

"Yes, Jesus did observe the Sabbath. Concerning him, we are told: “When the full limit of the time arrived, God sent forth his Son, who came to be out of a woman and who came to be under law.” (Galatians 4:4) Jesus was born an Israelite and as such was under Law, and that included the Sabbath law. It was not until after Jesus’ death that the Law covenant was taken away. (Colossians 2:13, 14) Knowing when these events took place in the stream of time helps us to understand God’s view on the matter.—
True, Jesus did say: “Do not think I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I came, not to destroy, but to fulfill.” (Matthew 5:17) But what does the expression “to fulfill” mean? To illustrate: A builder fulfills a contract to complete a building, not by ripping up the contract, but by finishing the structure. However, once the work has been completed to the client’s satisfaction, the contract is fulfilled and the builder is no longer under obligation to it. Likewise, Jesus did not break, or rip up, the Law; rather, he fulfilled it by keeping it perfectly. Once fulfilled, that Law “contract” was no longer binding on God’s people.

Old 08-23-2016, 09:34 PM

Quote:
I do not agree, because Jesus Christ is the King of the world and nobody can nothing against him.

In recent centuries, men tried to Eliminate Have the Gospel of Jesus Christ and His merciful commandments. And for That, They searched difficult points in the letters Attributed to Paul to override the commandments of the Gospel.

I do not agree with you. Satan is the ruler of the world or the king of the nations of the world, how else could he have offered all the Kingdoms to Jesus in the wilderness if Satan did not have control of the nations to give?

Old 09-02-2016, 12:09 AM

301 posts, read 285,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
If the sword were to pass through the land.
The Gospel says: "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets.... one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law" (Matthew 5:17-20) .

In these words are based many religions to tell us that Jesus Christ came not to abolish the commandments of the Old Testament, but that is a mistake because these gospel words do not refer to the law of the Old Testament, because Jesus Christ abolished many commandments of the Old Testament, as we see in Matthew 5: 21-48 and other parts of the Gospel.

The words of Jesus Christ in this famous verse (Matthew 5: 17), which tells us that He did not come to abolish the Law and the Prophets, refers to the true Law of God, which is the Law that Jesus Christ himself taught us in the Gospel.

Read more: The law that Jesus CAME NOT TO ABOLISH is the GOSPEL'S LAW

Old 09-02-2016, 11:45 AM

22,860 posts, read 10,253,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zeppelin View Post
You are laughably incorrect. Talk to a Messianic Jew.

Moses brought down the law of freedom and they rejected it. Moses was about to wed them to God and they would have consummated that marriage and they would have given birth from their own bodies to be left standing there as sons of the living God.

But Moses came down and found them committing adultery and so when he went back to the mountain, he came down with something different, he came down with the design of the ark and with the patter of a Temple that represented a virgin. He ordained priests and had them dress up as sperm coming up to a virgin once a year trying to conceive a child of God and we know that they never ever accomplished this because that veil was never rent in two in order to show a consummation that a child of God had been conceived.{LET THEM HAVE WHAT THEY CHOSE, THEY WILL HAVE SONS OF GOD BY THEIR OWN HANDS? LET THEM TRY}

The ark of the covenant is a uterus and all those priests were as sperm who came up to a veil with no door and why have a room that there is no door?

WHY? Why on earth build a room that has no door, no entrance?

Because their is a veil inside a virgin and there is a place with no door and how would the sperm get past this veil to conceive a child of God unless that veil was rent in two as a consummation?

The priests came dressed in their seed and they even looked like sperm as hilarious as this sounds, God has a sense of humor. Those priests wiggled and squirmed underneath the veil like a worm but that Virgin that is the Temple never became pregnant, they had bells made of pomegranites which has more seed than any fruit and yet they never could get that virgin pregnant and it is too wonderful to know the way of a virgin and a young man, as a fish that cuts it's way through the waters of an eagle that makes it's way through the air, or a serpent upon a rock, it's ways are too wonderful for me to know.

But we saw a virgin being made a woman when we saw that veil rent in two and not only this, the water and the blood that MUST be a witness to a consummation was seen just as it is when a sheet is brought out of a tent saying,'' See the blood, see the water?''

A consummation took place and a seed was planted in the Earth and the Earth literally became pregnant and gave forth her first born son of many sons to follow, many sons having been planted into the earth will spring forth like firstfruits of God.

Old 09-02-2016, 11:53 AM

9,588 posts, read 4,993,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Moses brought down the law of freedom and they rejected it. Moses was about to wed them to God and they would have consummated that marriage and they would have given birth from their own bodies to be left standing there as sons of the living God.

But Moses came down and found them committing adultery and so when he went back to the mountain, he came down with something different, he came down with the design of the ark and with the patter of a Temple that represented a virgin. He ordained priests and had them dress up as sperm coming up to a virgin once a year trying to conceive a child of God and we know that they never ever accomplished this because that veil was never rent in two in order to show a consummation that a child of God had been conceived.{LET THEM HAVE WHAT THEY CHOSE, THEY WILL HAVE SONS OF GOD BY THEIR OWN HANDS? LET THEM TRY}

The ark of the covenant is a uterus and all those priests were as sperm who came up to a veil with no door and why have a room that there is no door?

WHY? Why on earth build a room that has no door, no entrance?

Because their is a veil inside a virgin and there is a place with no door and how would the sperm get past this veil to conceive a child of God unless that veil was rent in two as a consummation?

The priests came dressed in their seed and they even looked like sperm as hilarious as this sounds, God has a sense of humor. Those priests wiggled and squirmed underneath the veil like a worm but that Virgin that is the Temple never became pregnant, they had bells made of pomegranites which has more seed than any fruit and yet they never could get that virgin pregnant and it is too wonderful to know the way of a virgin and a young man, as a fish that cuts it's way through the waters of an eagle that makes it's way through the air, or a serpent upon a rock, it's ways are too wonderful for me to know.

But we saw a virgin being made a woman when we saw that veil rent in two and not only this, the water and the blood that MUST be a witness to a consummation was seen just as it is when a sheet is brought out of a tent saying,'' See the blood, see the water?''

A consummation took place and a seed was planted in the Earth and the Earth literally became pregnant and gave forth her first born son of many sons to follow, many sons having been planted into the earth will spring forth like firstfruits of God.

AMEN....so simple and yet man tries every conceivable way to get around the pattern and create their own. Sometimes, ya just gotta go ... but then again, the way of a serpent is never straight is it? Peace

Old 09-03-2016, 02:56 AM

Quote:

WHICH IS THE LAW OF GOD?

Well presented, but a little off track, IMO. Jesus said that he came to fulfill the law (The Mosaic Law) not to destroy it. At that time he had not established the Gospel so how could he be even talking about "NOT abolishing that law or the Christian concepts, as the Law of the Commandments still remained in practice.

The Mosaic law was the way to salvation for the Israelites, everything was designed with day by day worship and with the general well being of the Jews in mind. The Laws of the Mosaic scripts are the forerunner to the Sacrifice of Jesus, who with his death canceled the need for the Mosaic laws as a means of salvation.

Old 09-03-2016, 02:58 AM

Quote:
The Gospel says: "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets.... one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law" (Matthew 5:17-20) .

In these words are based many religions to tell us that Jesus Christ came not to abolish the commandments of the Old Testament, but that is a mistake because these gospel words do not refer to the law of the Old Testament, because Jesus Christ abolished many commandments of the Old Testament, as we see in Matthew 5: 21-48 and other parts of the Gospel.

The words of Jesus Christ in this famous verse (Matthew 5: 17), which tells us that He did not come to abolish the Law and the Prophets, refers to the true Law of God, which is the Law that Jesus Christ himself taught us in the Gospel.

Read more: The law that Jesus CAME NOT TO ABOLISH is the GOSPEL'S LAW
The Mosaic law was not the commandments.

Old 09-03-2016, 04:39 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,800,052 times
Quote:
.... Jesus Christ abolished many commandments of the Old Testament...
So much for Yahweh's never changing 'Word'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity