Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2018, 01:44 PM

301 posts, read 287,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
The law of Jesus IS the law of God, IS the laws of Moses.
The law that God gave to Moses is the Law of Christ, which is the only true Law of God given forever and for all men. But many laws that are written in the Old Testament, which allowed men to have slaves and ordered men to make wars, kill people and do sacrifices, are not the true Law that God had given Moses. Those laws were only precepts of men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2018, 03:01 PM

23,144 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porque77 View Post
The law that God gave to Moses is the Law of Christ, which is the only true Law of God given forever and for all men. But many laws that are written in the Old Testament, which allowed men to have slaves and ordered men to make wars, kill people and do sacrifices, are not the true Law that God had given Moses. Those laws were only precepts of men.
None of it is about what you read, it is a book hidden from most people because IT DOES have a hidden truth of Jesus, and what all those things symbolized. Circumcision is not about cutting your flesh, although, doing so is a benefit and I am glad I am but it isn't about the flesh, it concerns the heart.

1 Corinthians 9
The Rights of an Apostle
…8Do I say this from a human perspective? Doesn’t the Law say the same thing? 9For it is written in the Law of Moses: “Do not muzzle an ox while it is treading out the grain.” Is it about oxen that God is concerned? 10Isn’t He actually speaking on our behalf? Indeed, this was written for us, because when the plowman plows and the thresher threshes, they should also expect to share in the harvest.…

Is God concerned with oxen or is he showing YOU spiritual truth?

Rest for the Weary
…29Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

When we read things of oxen and yoking teams together, there is always a spiritual hidden truth that God wants you to find in each of the beautiful laws, and what you may see on the face of the law, the beautiful secrets hidden are what Jesus came teaching. He came teaching the secrets that you are the temple, and the bible is about the temple, about you. The bible is a book of human anatomy and the temple itself is designed in human anatomy because the temple was always meant to be human, and all the comings and goings of the temple are about YOU, and this is why David said,'' Behold, the volume of the book, it is of me.''

All those 7 feasts and that Holy 8th day concern you, Jesus walked in them because he walked as a man should walk in each feast, in the truth of the feast. Paul also told us to keep the feasts in truth and in spirit, and this is just to study day and night so we find the truth of what each feast is telling us to do. We know that Passover teaches us to die daily right?

Alive in Christ
…15And having disarmed the rulers and authorities, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross. 16Therefore let no one judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a festival, a New Moon, or a Sabbath. 17These are a shadow of the things to come, but the body that casts it belongs to Christ.…

We don't have to keep the laws and travel to Jerusalem to keep all the laws of the new moons and Sabbaths, but we are to keep them in truth and in spirit just like Passover teaches us to die daily, we have to find out what each feast is teaching, and MORE IMPORTANT, what each feast is OFFERING.

In spirit and in truth is to teach what is to come, the feasts and new moons ARE IN FACT, things to come, but what are those things? What are they teaching us in truth and in spirit?

The dietary laws, we know that these laws are teaching us a spiritual lesson about Gentiles don't we?

These are the secrets and the hidden truths that Christ came to expose and we need to take each law and actually be able to prove a truth about Christ, even with each detail of each sacrifice. Whatever law you can quote, we can dig deeper and show the beauty of the law where truth is found by those who are seeking Messiah.

Old 03-24-2018, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Quote:
None of it is about what you read, it is a book hidden from most people because IT DOES have a hidden truth of Jesus, and what all those things symbolized......
What was hidden is the true Law of God, because it was changed by the scribes, as the prophets tell us:

"... My people know not the judgment of Yahweh. How do ye say, We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us ? Certainly has changed into a lie the lying pen of the scribes" (Jeremiah 8: 7-9) .

Then, the Law of God that had been hidden, was discovered when Jesus preached the Gospel and taught us the true commandments of God.

Quote:
what you may see on the face of the law, the beautiful secrets hidden are what Jesus came teaching. He came teaching the secrets that you are the temple, and the bible is about the temple, about you.
Jesus did not talk about bibles. He preached only the Gospel. The bibles were composed and imposed by the religion of the Roman Empire from the fourth century, disrespecting that is due to Jesus Christ, because Jesus abolished many commandments that the religion of Rome of the fourth century returned to include in the scriptures. That commandments that Jesus annulled were not of God, but of men, because Jesus did not come to abolish the Law of God.

Quote:
Whatever law you can quote, we can dig deeper and show the beauty of the law where truth is found by those who are seeking Messiah.[/b]
The commandments Jesus nullified from the Old Testament did not have beauty and are not the truth. That is why Jesus annulled them, because they were simply not God's commandments, but men's, that is why Jesus abolished them, since Jesus did not come to abolish the Law of God. All that Jesus abolished were only precepts of men.

The teaching of the Gospel is simple and teaches us the true commandments of God:

"but if thou wouldest enter into life, keep the commandments. He saith unto him, Which? And Jesus said, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honor thy father and mother; and, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. The young man saith unto him, All these things have I observed: what lack I yet? Jesus said unto him, If thou wouldest be perfect, go, sell that which thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me. But when the young man heard the saying, he went away sorrowful; for he was one that had great possessions" (Matthew 19: 16-22

Old 03-24-2018, 11:21 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,694,213 times
Quote:
I agree,

Old 03-25-2018, 10:38 AM

23,144 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
I agree,
I don't think you and porque understand biblical slavery. The laws of slavery are not written for slaves and masters, they are laws for the slaves of Christ who decide to stay in his house.

A Jew would come to another Jew BEGGING that Jew to take him as a slave, and what he is IN FACT saying is this,'' Please take me into your house because I have nothing and I cannot take care of myself, please house and feed me and I will be your servant.''

To take a slave was saving somebodies life, and the slaves very rarely chose to leave, SO MANY SLAVES were given their freedom after 7 years but then refused to go, that all kinds of traditions and laws came into play.

At the end of 7 years,'' The slave is begging the master not to throw him out of the house, he is BEGGING the Jew to keep him on as a slave, and so the laws of earrings came into play, and those earrings were to show who is who and what is what. When the servants refused to leave their slavery, the master would put them against the door and drill a hole in their ear to put an earring so that all may know that this slave was set free but he refused to go. That earring is the voice of the master in the ear of the servant, and this is why God made Israel spoil the Egyptians for their earrings because they had never been offered under the covenant that Israel had found themselves under. God couldn't just go and take his people because they were under a covenant and the Egyptians had to be forced into breaking that covenant to them release them.

So hear comes Israel up to the mountain, a few million wearing golden earrings that symbolized the voice of God in their ears, and they took that voice out of their ears and went back to paganism and the moment they did, they became deaf into hearing the word of God, as they also became blind just as many people are still blind to what God is saying in his word.

SO MANY slaves refused their freedom that the day they received their earrings, they spent the rest of that day in stocks where people came and humiliated them because they refused their freedom and chose to remain slaves, and so they spent the whole day in the stocks and then returned to their master's house the next day.

But the law of Christ is behind all the laws of Moses, if people could really hear and really see what God is saying, it would be a different world.

We are told in the New Testament that there is no more Jew, no more Gentile, but this is only because we are both, Our bodies symbolize a gentile of flesh, but there has always been the hidden man within and he is the seed of God, and so a person is Gentile and Jew. We are told that there is no more male and no more female because we are both. We are female in this body of flesh, but this body is just a house, a temple that houses the male spirit within, and so we decide to become submissive virgins to the will of our betrothed, BUT WOE is he who is two males when God comes, if God comes and finds two men in a bed, or two women at the wheel, this is in reference to body and spirit, and we MUST become a submissive female instead of trying to be a ruling king.

There is no more slave, and no more freeman BECAUSE we are both. WE literally chose our slavery, we choose to remain in the house of the Lord and we become a slave to Christ as we choose to die daily in order to let him live, his desires, instead of ours.

This is just a short version of trying to get people to understand that biblical slavery can't be compared to any other slavery.

Old 03-25-2018, 02:20 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,042,639 times
Quote:
None of it is about what you read, it is a book hidden from most people because IT DOES have a hidden truth of Jesus, and what all those things symbolized. Circumcision is not about cutting your flesh, although, doing so is a benefit and I am glad I am but it isn't about the flesh, it concerns the heart.

1 Corinthians 9
The Rights of an Apostle
…8Do I say this from a human perspective? Doesn’t the Law say the same thing? 9For it is written in the Law of Moses: “Do not muzzle an ox while it is treading out the grain.†Is it about oxen that God is concerned? 10Isn’t He actually speaking on our behalf? Indeed, this was written for us, because when the plowman plows and the thresher threshes, they should also expect to share in the harvest.…

Is God concerned with oxen or is he showing YOU spiritual truth?

Rest for the Weary
…29Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.â€

When we read things of oxen and yoking teams together, there is always a spiritual hidden truth that God wants you to find in each of the beautiful laws, and what you may see on the face of the law, the beautiful secrets hidden are what Jesus came teaching. He came teaching the secrets that you are the temple, and the bible is about the temple, about you. The bible is a book of human anatomy and the temple itself is designed in human anatomy because the temple was always meant to be human, and all the comings and goings of the temple are about YOU, and this is why David said,'' Behold, the volume of the book, it is of me.''

All those 7 feasts and that Holy 8th day concern you, Jesus walked in them because he walked as a man should walk in each feast, in the truth of the feast. Paul also told us to keep the feasts in truth and in spirit, and this is just to study day and night so we find the truth of what each feast is telling us to do. We know that Passover teaches us to die daily right?

Alive in Christ
…15And having disarmed the rulers and authorities, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross. 16Therefore let no one judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a festival, a New Moon, or a Sabbath. 17These are a shadow of the things to come, but the body that casts it belongs to Christ.…

We don't have to keep the laws and travel to Jerusalem to keep all the laws of the new moons and Sabbaths, but we are to keep them in truth and in spirit just like Passover teaches us to die daily, we have to find out what each feast is teaching, and MORE IMPORTANT, what each feast is OFFERING.

In spirit and in truth is to teach what is to come, the feasts and new moons ARE IN FACT, things to come, but what are those things? What are they teaching us in truth and in spirit?

The dietary laws, we know that these laws are teaching us a spiritual lesson about Gentiles don't we?

These are the secrets and the hidden truths that Christ came to expose and we need to take each law and actually be able to prove a truth about Christ, even with each detail of each sacrifice. Whatever law you can quote, we can dig deeper and show the beauty of the law where truth is found by those who are seeking Messiah.

Amen......

Old 03-25-2018, 02:23 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,042,639 times
Quote:
I don't think you and porque understand biblical slavery. The laws of slavery are not written for slaves and masters, they are laws for the slaves of Christ who decide to stay in his house.

A Jew would come to another Jew BEGGING that Jew to take him as a slave, and what he is IN FACT saying is this,'' Please take me into your house because I have nothing and I cannot take care of myself, please house and feed me and I will be your servant.''

To take a slave was saving somebodies life, and the slaves very rarely chose to leave, SO MANY SLAVES were given their freedom after 7 years but then refused to go, that all kinds of traditions and laws came into play.

At the end of 7 years,'' The slave is begging the master not to throw him out of the house, he is BEGGING the Jew to keep him on as a slave, and so the laws of earrings came into play, and those earrings were to show who is who and what is what. When the servants refused to leave their slavery, the master would put them against the door and drill a hole in their ear to put an earring so that all may know that this slave was set free but he refused to go. That earring is the voice of the master in the ear of the servant, and this is why God made Israel spoil the Egyptians for their earrings because they had never been offered under the covenant that Israel had found themselves under. God couldn't just go and take his people because they were under a covenant and the Egyptians had to be forced into breaking that covenant to them release them.

So hear comes Israel up to the mountain, a few million wearing golden earrings that symbolized the voice of God in their ears, and they took that voice out of their ears and went back to paganism and the moment they did, they became deaf into hearing the word of God, as they also became blind just as many people are still blind to what God is saying in his word.

SO MANY slaves refused their freedom that the day they received their earrings, they spent the rest of that day in stocks where people came and humiliated them because they refused their freedom and chose to remain slaves, and so they spent the whole day in the stocks and then returned to their master's house the next day.

But the law of Christ is behind all the laws of Moses, if people could really hear and really see what God is saying, it would be a different world.

We are told in the New Testament that there is no more Jew, no more Gentile, but this is only because we are both, Our bodies symbolize a gentile of flesh, but there has always been the hidden man within and he is the seed of God, and so a person is Gentile and Jew. We are told that there is no more male and no more female because we are both. We are female in this body of flesh, but this body is just a house, a temple that houses the male spirit within, and so we decide to become submissive virgins to the will of our betrothed, BUT WOE is he who is two males when God comes, if God comes and finds two men in a bed, or two women at the wheel, this is in reference to body and spirit, and we MUST become a submissive female instead of trying to be a ruling king.

There is no more slave, and no more freeman BECAUSE we are both. WE literally chose our slavery, we choose to remain in the house of the Lord and we become a slave to Christ as we choose to die daily in order to let him live, his desires, instead of ours.

This is just a short version of trying to get people to understand that biblical slavery can't be compared to any other slavery.
Got to have an earring to hear it, bro..... Amen.....Peace

Old 04-11-2018, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
I agree,
Meerkat2, I'm glad you agree.

Quote:

To take a slave was saving somebodies life, and the slaves very rarely chose to leave,.......
But after being saved, they should be treated in the same way that those who had saved them wanted to be treated, to fulfill the commandment: "you shall love your neighbor as yourself". Therefore, eclavitud is contrary to the commandment: "you shall love your neighbor as yourself"

Slavery is not to Jesus' liking, that is why Jesus told the apostles that they should do as He did, that He did not come to be served:

"Jesus called them together and said," You know that the rulers of the nations tyrannize and their great ones are tyrants over power. Among you there must not be so, but if any of you wants to be great, be your servant, and whoever wants to be first, be servant of all, in the same manner as the son of man is not come to be served but to serve and give his life a ransom for many" (Matthew 20: 25-28)

Old 04-26-2018, 04:04 AM

Many do not understand that the Gospel teaches us the true Law of God, which was revealed to us by Jesus Christ:

"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets" (Matthew 7: 12)

Jesus teaches to a rich man, the precepts of the Law

"And behold, one came to him and said, Teacher, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? And he said unto him, Why askest thou me concerning that which is good? One there is who is good: but if thou wouldest enter into life, keep the commandments. He saith unto him, Which? And Jesus said, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honor thy father and mother; and, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. The young man saith unto him, All these things have I observed: what lack I yet? Jesus said unto him, If thou wouldest be perfect, go, sell that which thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me. But when the young man heard the saying, he went away sorrowful; for he was one that had great possessions" (Matthew 19: 16-22

These are the commandments of the Gospel, which are very different to the commandments of the Old Testament, for all the commandments of the Gospel are merciful, but many commandments of the Old Testament commanded death sentences, wars and slavery. And those commandments weren't really God's Law.

These commandmets of death sentences, wars and slavery aren't God's commandments.

Jesus Christ preached us the true God's Law, but Roma's emperors (emperor Constantine, IV century) don't wanted the Gospel's Law and they imposed the Old Testament's laws saying these laws were the God's commandments. Since then, the Gospel's Law was unknown to the christian people as the only God's Law and the God's true Law.

Old 04-29-2018, 05:52 PM

When I mention death sentences I mean many commandments many commandments written in many parts of the Old Testament that ordered men to apply death sentences and make wars.

But about slavery, in the "ten commandments" of Exodus, there are commandments that allow men to have slaves. Jesus did not teach the commandments that are written in the ten commandments of the Old Testament that allow to have slaves.

The Ten Commandments of the Old Testament are not equal to the commandments that teach us in the gospel, there are big differences. I'll give an example: The Old Testament tells us:

"Keep the Sabbath day to sanctify it, as the Lord thy God hath commanded thee. Six days thou shalt labor, and shalt do all thy work: But the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord thy God: thou shalt not do any work therein, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, nor thy manservant, nor thy maid, nor thine ox, nor thine ass, neither any of thy cattle, nor the stranger that is within thy gates: that thy manservant and thy maid may rest as well as thou". (Deut. 5: 12-15).

On the contrary, the Gospel tells us:

"Jesus said unto him, Rise: take up thy bed, and walk. And immediately the man was made whole, and took up his bed, and walked: and the same day was the Sabbath. The Jews therefore said to him that was made whole, It is the Sabbath day: it is not lawful for thee to carry thy bed. He answered them, He that made me whole he said unto me, Take up thy bed, and walk" (John 5: 8-11)

"And therefore the Jews did persecute Jesus, and sought to slay him, because he had done these things on the Sabbath day. But Jesus answered them, My father worketh hitherto, and I work. Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him: not only because he had broken the Sabbath: but said also that God was his Father, and made himself equal with God"(John 5: 16-18)

Jesus did not respected and not fulfilled those laws about the Sabbath written in the Ten Commandments the Old Testament, and it is because Jesus Christ was God and those Old Testament laws were not God's law.

Commanded God that men were slaves of other men?

The 10 Commandments of the Old Testament's laws, about slaves, also say:

"Thou shalt not desire thy neighbour's wife, neither shalt thou covet thy neighbour's house, his field or his manslave or his maidslave, his ox, or his ass , or any thing that is thy neighbour's" (Deutoro. 5: 21).

This commandment is contrary to the teachings of Jesus Christ in the Gospel. Jesus Christ said to a man who had great wealth:

"Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go, sell that thou hast, and give it to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven, and come, and follow me" (Matthew 19: 16-22)

According to the Old Testament commandment, I should not desire anything from my neighbor although I do not have anything, and my neighbor can wish all things what have their neighbors, and even their lives, taking them as slaves ... This commandment is a contradiction in itself and completely contradicts what Jesus says in the Gospel: "You will love your neighbor as yourself".

Is not equal say to those living in poverty they not should desire anything from those with great wealth than tell those who have great wealth sell all what they have and give all what they have to the poor. And this is the great difference between the commandments of the Old Testament and the commandments of the Gospel.

If I should not desire anything that belongs to my neighbor (as says the tenth commandment of Jewish law), then my neighbor should not wish to have his neighbor as slave, BECAUSE HE WANT TO REMOVE THE FREEDOM TO HIM... And freedom is a treasure that belongs to every man, then we remove a great treasure that belongs to him (freedom).

Last edited by Porque77; 04-29-2018 at 06:16 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity