U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 01:54 AM

2,936 posts, read 8,149,196 times

Advertisements

How great will Heaven be compared to this rich woman's life on Earth? Let's say there is a super rich woman who lives in a nice big mansion, owns lots of expensive leather clothing, owns a Porsche, a Mercedes Benz and a 1967 Corvette w/a 427, has lots of nice furniture, expensive gold jewelry, electronics equipment, gets to go on lots of nice vacations, gets to eat lots of nice food and likes to have a good time with friends

Will she get to have more rewards in Heaven than here on Earth? I would love for this woman to get more rewards in Heaven than here on Earth and this is coming from a lower income person, instead of me getting envious of this woman's wealth I want her to have more wealth in Heaven than here on Earth.

She is a Christian and thinks of Jesus Christ as her Lord and Savior and I believe that anyone who accepts Jesus Christ into their hearts and as their Lord and Savior will have Eternal Life in Heaven

I really hope God will make sure that her life in Heaven will be a trillion times better than her golden life on Earth, it sure wouldn't be Heaven if she doesn't get to continue on doing and having all of the things she has loved on Earth in Heaven as well as doing things God has in store for her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2013, 01:59 AM

35,108 posts, read 40,278,218 times
Why would you need material wealth in Heaven?

Isn't being with God good enough?

Old 10-18-2013, 03:06 AM

5,965 posts, read 5,763,969 times
Who needs all that stuff even on earth in order to feel blessed? Isn't being housed, clothed and fed and loved really all we need to feel rich on earth (and in good health)? I just don't make the connection between all the cars and fine clothes and jewelry and being truly "rich". I think if one is mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually well - he/she is rich on earth. There are plenty of very wealthy people who are rather miserable - just look at the tabloid covers.

Old 10-18-2013, 05:03 AM

183 posts, read 140,491 times
Isaiah 2:20
In that day a man shall cast his idols of silver, and his idols of gold, which they made each one for himself to worship, to the moles and to the bats;

Isaiah tells us the in the last days money will be worthless, there will be no one to buy from or sell to.

Matthew 6:19-20

Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

Matthew tells us where the real riches lay.

Money and riches are distractions, burdensome.

The mind of God, the Treasure.

I read envy in the OP.

Old 10-18-2013, 05:53 AM

6,436 posts, read 9,963,145 times
People often forget that Heaven is not made up of the things the Earth is. Heaven is a supernatural place. Things that aren't possible here on Earth and cannot be created with any amount of money are made in Heaven. This woman's wealth is irrelevant. The promises God made to her for accepting him as her savior, he will keep and give. Her mansion in Heaven will be made up of supernatural things she may have dreamed up or thought about in her life that wouldn't have been possible on Earth. She will have a real life in Heaven using the gift God gave her for his glory. Her fate is no different from anyone else's. When you move to Heaven - you come into a better life than what you had before. And FYI, just because someone is rich doesn't bar them from the trials and tribulations of life. They still have their businesses to run, their finances to keep in order, and families to raise like the rest of us. If they neglect their responsibilites, they can lose it all. Not to mention how we are all susceptible to accidents and disease that can spring up into our lives at any time and significantly ail us or bring us to death.

Old 10-18-2013, 06:34 AM

5,965 posts, read 5,763,969 times
I do hope that heaven is a supernatural paradise. I do not want to go to a new earth where we are occupied with doing the same type of work as we do now -and why would we if there is no death reigning in heaven and no disease then the curse will have been lifted from where mankind had to work by the sweat of his brow to stay alive. I'd rather go to sleep forever than to live forever under the reign of death. I picture heaven as having a similar glorious beauty as this natural world but without the pollution and disease. It is sort of like believing in a fairy tale because we have to hold it in our hearts by faith. But that is a good thing to hold in one's heart - something we trust in but cannot yet see.

Old 10-18-2013, 06:46 AM

3,154 posts, read 2,195,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopac1980 View Post
How great will Heaven be compared to this rich woman's life on Earth? Let's say there is a super rich woman who lives in a nice big mansion, owns lots of expensive leather clothing, owns a Porsche, a Mercedes Benz and a 1967 Corvette w/a 427, has lots of nice furniture, expensive gold jewelry, electronics equipment, gets to go on lots of nice vacations, gets to eat lots of nice food and likes to have a good time with friends

Will she get to have more rewards in Heaven than here on Earth? I would love for this woman to get more rewards in Heaven than here on Earth and this is coming from a lower income person, instead of me getting envious of this woman's wealth I want her to have more wealth in Heaven than here on Earth.

She is a Christian and thinks of Jesus Christ as her Lord and Savior and I believe that anyone who accepts Jesus Christ into their hearts and as their Lord and Savior will have Eternal Life in Heaven

I really hope God will make sure that her life in Heaven will be a trillion times better than her golden life on Earth, it sure wouldn't be Heaven if she doesn't get to continue on doing and having all of the things she has loved on Earth in Heaven as well as doing things God has in store for her.
Why would you care? Let God decide her fate.
Besides, how do you know that you will be getting into Heaven? The fact is - you don't.

Old 10-18-2013, 08:33 AM

19,950 posts, read 13,639,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopac1980 View Post

She will be in the presence of God. The material things will be irrelevant.

Old 10-18-2013, 11:21 AM

1,392 posts, read 1,771,783 times
Somebody who cares that much about those things is never happy.
Anybody who works as much as it takes to make that kind of money has his enjoyment of it tainted by all that work. In our economy the people who make that kind of money are the ones who don't actually produce anything, but they still "work" like 10-12 hours a day, let's say on Wall Street, for example. I'd rather have time to work out every day, cook my own food, etc.
Or if you're a woman, you marry a rich guy to get all that. Then he gets fat, but you still have to sleep with him. How happy can you be if you're unwilling to live without that wealth, and will put up with some fat a-hole husband just to get it?

My parents are very rich and like this and honestly, they're not as truly happy as other people can be. They're really screwy and weird from a different country, and have pretty severe personality disorders and shortcomings. You have to be to be that interested in straight cash.

Old 10-20-2013, 06:43 AM

2,936 posts, read 8,149,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Why would you need material wealth in Heaven?

Isn't being with God good enough?
I was afraid there won't be much to do and see in Heaven and that's why I've wanted my Heaven to be a lot like this rich woman's life on Earth, I am striving to be a Christian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity