U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-18-2013, 04:04 AM
 
9,665 posts, read 8,655,720 times
Reputation: 3225

Advertisements

I've been taught a fair amount of religious matters about hell.

...But where as some people become fearful of hell, or even reject it...
...I accepted such reality. And even though I will probably regret it...

...while I am still on earth, I want to fight for those who have doubted the existence god and had their lives taken from them before they could convert. I want to fight for those who chose, out of fear of death, to convert out of Christianity. I want to fight for those that didn't realize which word of God to follow!

...I have no wish to indulge in lust, pride, and murder. I respect Christ for his lessons taught on earth...

...But, because I was taught about what happens to those who do not have faith...

...because I have free will and because I am an empathic person, I cannot agree with the creator on what happens to those whose lives were taken before they could convert.


...If that puts me in the rank of Lucifer, so be it.

...But for those of you who choose to do nothing while our sadistic creator feasts on the suffering of the souls that he himself created, I have nothing to say.






...If the creator is a forgiving and loving creator, then that would be really nice, but...

...If the creator does not have mercy for the doubter, I hope the rest of you have it in you to not be selfish enough to accept God out of convenience and fight for those who were less fortunate. For it is those who think themselves as higher than the doubters and pass by a terrible crime, are what most of humanity considers the Devil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-18-2013, 04:31 AM
 
183 posts, read 140,315 times
Reputation: 31
This and the other thread of yours...

I really don't know what to make of it?

The Creator, the Father, is loving and merciful, but only unto his. The second commandment draws this distinction, "and showing mercy unto thousands that love Me and keep my commandments".

Doubting is one thing, rejection is something all together different. God can work with a doubter but not a rejector.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2013, 04:37 AM
 
9,665 posts, read 8,655,720 times
Reputation: 3225
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepherdMaster View Post
This and the other thread of yours...

I really don't know what to make of it?

The Creator, the Father, is loving and merciful, but only unto his. The second commandment draws this distinction, "and showing mercy unto thousands that love Me and keep my commandments".

Doubting is one thing, rejection is something all together different. God can work with a doubter but not a rejector.
I often times hope I was taught the incorrect interpretation of Christianity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2013, 04:46 AM
 
183 posts, read 140,315 times
Reputation: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
I often times hope I was taught the incorrect interpretation of Christianity.

I know people who have taught wrongly and later came to a the truth, they suffer terribly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2013, 04:49 AM
 
9,665 posts, read 8,655,720 times
Reputation: 3225
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepherdMaster View Post
I know people who have taught wrongly and later came to a the truth, they suffer terribly.
Unfortunately, that may be too late for those taught.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2013, 04:53 AM
 
183 posts, read 140,315 times
Reputation: 31
Matthew 18:6
But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.



The little ones, babes in Christ, those with little knowledge but have faith.

Those in a position of teaching, those whom do teach, must be grounded in the Word. If one cannot back up or support with scripture any teaching, the Father will hold him accountable for anyone that is led astray.

It is one thing to discuss differing views, it is another to take a position of authority and teach what cannot be supported solely by the Word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2013, 08:54 AM
 
21,814 posts, read 16,678,731 times
Reputation: 8655
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
I've been taught a fair amount of religious matters about hell.

...But where as some people become fearful of hell, or even reject it...
...I accepted such reality. And even though I will probably regret it...

...while I am still on earth, I want to fight for those who have doubted the existence god and had their lives taken from them before they could convert. I want to fight for those who chose, out of fear of death, to convert out of Christianity. I want to fight for those that didn't realize which word of God to follow!

...I have no wish to indulge in lust, pride, and murder. I respect Christ for his lessons taught on earth...

...But, because I was taught about what happens to those who do not have faith...

...because I have free will and because I am an empathic person, I cannot agree with the creator on what happens to those whose lives were taken before they could convert.


...If that puts me in the rank of Lucifer, so be it.

...But for those of you who choose to do nothing while our sadistic creator feasts on the suffering of the souls that he himself created, I have nothing to say.






...If the creator is a forgiving and loving creator, then that would be really nice, but...

...If the creator does not have mercy for the doubter, I hope the rest of you have it in you to not be selfish enough to accept God out of convenience and fight for those who were less fortunate. For it is those who think themselves as higher than the doubters and pass by a terrible crime, are what most of humanity considers the Devil.
You misunderstand the character of God. He does not desire that anyone perish, but that all men be saved.
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.

1 Timothy 2:3 This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, 4] who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.
But sin is an offense to the perfect character of God. God's perfect righteousness simply cannot fellowship with sin. It's impossible. God must by reason of His perfection impose a penalty on sin. That penalty is death. Spiritual death. Spiritual death is separation from God. Sin created a barrier between man and God.

God did the absolute most He could do, without violating His own perfect righteousness, to provide a solution to man's sin problem. He sent His Son into the world as a member of the human race, born of a virgin and so without sin, for the sin nature is passed down through the male. He (Christ Jesus) lived a sinless life and was therefore qualified to go to the Cross, and as our substitute, pay the penalty for the sins of the world so that anyone who will simply accept His sacrifice on our behalf can be credited with God's very own perfect righteousness and imputed with God's own eternal life with the result that he is qualified to live in the presence of God forever.

God provided the solution to man's fallen condition which separates him from God. But each of us must make a volitional decision to come to the Father through Jesus Christ who died for us in order that we might be saved.

God reached out to us through Christ Jesus in order to rescue us. But we must desire to respond to His invitation which is extended through the gospel of our salvation in order to receive the gift of eternal life. An invitation can be accepted or rejected. If the invitation is rejected than those who reject it must forever remain in a state of separation from God. And that place in which those who reject the invitation will spend the eternal future is hell.

Man cannot come to God on his own. But God reached out to man making it possible for man to respond to God's calling, if only he will.
2 Thessalonians 2:14 It was for this He called you through our gospel, that you may gain the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
God's offer, His invitation to come to Him for eternal life is beautifully expressed in Revelation 22:17.
The Spirit and the bride say, ''Come.'' And let the one who hears say, ''Come.'' And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who wishes take the water of life without cost.
Those who hear the invitation which is extended by the Holy Spirit and by the bride, the church, are encouraged to respond and also to extend the invitation to others. The wonderful promise is given that all those who are thirsty may come and will receive God's free gift of eternal life. The gift has been paid for by the death of Jesus Christ on the Cross and is offered to all who are willing to receive it through simple faith in Jesus.

Everyone has equal opportunity to be eternally saved. God in His omniscience knows all the facts. He knew from eternity past who would and who would not respond to the gospel. No one dies without having had an opportunity to respond first to God's general revelation of Himself though the witness of His creation (Romans 1:18-20), and then if positive volition is expressed at that point, to the specific revelation of Jesus Christ through the gospel message.

Last edited by Mike555; 10-18-2013 at 09:32 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2013, 10:10 AM
 
9,665 posts, read 8,655,720 times
Reputation: 3225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post

Everyone has equal opportunity to be eternally saved. God in His omniscience knows all the facts. He knew from eternity past who would and who would not respond to the gospel. No one dies without having had an opportunity to respond first to God's general revelation of Himself though the witness of His creation (Romans 1:18-20), and then if positive volition is expressed at that point, to the specific revelation of Jesus Christ through the gospel message.
How can you say that everyone has equal opportunity, when certain men live longer than others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2013, 10:57 AM
 
21,814 posts, read 16,678,731 times
Reputation: 8655
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
How can you say that everyone has equal opportunity, when certain men live longer than others.
A fair question. But length of time is not the sole factor in determining equal opportunity. God knows all the details and circumstances of a person's life and takes them into consideration in sovereignly determining how much time he gives a person on this earth. God knows the degree of hardness in a person's heart and knows that some people need more time to respond to the gospel invitation. He knows that many people will never respond to the gospel message no matter how long they are allowed to live. He knows that many will not even believe the witness of God's general revelation of Himself though His creation which must first be accepted before they can respond to the gospel. God cannot be unfair. In His perfect knowledge and wisdom He knows how long to keep each person on this earth so that they have equal opportunity to respond to the gospel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2013, 11:12 AM
 
9,665 posts, read 8,655,720 times
Reputation: 3225
And you trust his judgement? Because as a mere mortal I can't.


You say that God knows how much time a person has... Does this mean he agrees with the free-will of murderers who have taken the lives of doubters?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top