U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2013, 07:20 AM

473 posts, read 616,362 times

Advertisements

There are people who will hold a grudge against Christians and allow this to keep them from going to church or from becoming Christian themselves. There are some who hold grudges against other races or people for past grievances and hate anybody who is the wrong color.
We can't allow ourselves to be controlled by others. We are to be the leaders in offering forgiveness and to not place blame on the innocent for what a few might have done.

If I wanted to claim a grievance from the past then I could claim what is probably the oldest grievance in the written history of mankind against Christians.

In 782 A.D. my ancestors/family were attacked and forced by Charlemagne to receive Christianity with baptism at the cost of 4500-5000 lives of my relatives.

This was a Saxon war----My maiden name is Saxon. It's probably the oldest recorded family name in history.
I could claim the oldest grudge against Christians. The Saxons no longer own the whole coast of Germany due to the Christians of the Roman empire and Charlemagne's forced Christianity.

History is to be put in the past, not reflect our actions of the present so that we cn set the pace for the future. It doesn't matter if you have an old grudge or one that happened yesterday. Don't let the sun go down on your anger. Let it go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2013, 07:41 AM

9,829 posts, read 6,735,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila Renae View Post
There are people who will hold a grudge against Christians and allow this to keep them from going to church or from becoming Christian themselves. There are some who hold grudges against other races or people for past grievances and hate anybody who is the wrong color.
We can't allow ourselves to be controlled by others. We are to be the leaders in offering forgiveness and to not place blame on the innocent for what a few might have done.

If I wanted to claim a grievance from the past then I could claim what is probably the oldest grievance in the written history of mankind against Christians.

In 782 A.D. my ancestors/family were attacked and forced by Charlemagne to receive Christianity with baptism at the cost of 4500-5000 lives of my relatives.

This was a Saxon war----My maiden name is Saxon. It's probably the oldest recorded family name in history.
I could claim the oldest grudge against Christians. The Saxons no longer own the whole coast of Germany due to the Christians of the Roman empire and Charlemagne's forced Christianity.

History is to be put in the past, not reflect our actions of the present so that we cn set the pace for the future. It doesn't matter if you have an old grudge or one that happened yesterday. Don't let the sun go down on your anger. Let it go.
People mistakenly think that being a Christian is about fearing God or worshiping God is a manner that is not offensive to God. People see Christianity as a vehicle to salvation (to save ourselves, a basically selfish thought).

Being a Christian is about kindness, compassion, charity, honesty, upright behavior, helping others, sharing, simplicity, and most importantly not about holding a grudge.

Old 10-19-2013, 07:43 AM

42,677 posts, read 44,311,417 times
Never did hold a Grudge. I pretty much give everyone an excuse why they did what they did. Now I will never forget what they did and are capable of.

Old 10-19-2013, 07:49 AM

400 posts, read 452,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila Renae View Post

Since you are from Kentucky you must know better than most the biggest grudge fueled feud in American history the Hatfields and the McCoys. And what about The Breathitt County feuds?

I'm sure Pulaski County had their share. Do you know of the Somerset feud between Jim Patterson and Joe Haynes? Kentucky was feudin' country, an interesting cultural and historical aspect of Americana.

Sorry if this appears off topic but most feuds are grudges on steroids.

Old 10-19-2013, 07:53 AM

400 posts, read 452,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
People mistakenly think that being a Christian is about fearing God or worshiping God is a manner that is not offensive to God. People see Christianity as a vehicle to salvation (to save ourselves, a basically selfish thought).

Being a Christian is about kindness, compassion, charity, honesty, upright behavior, helping others, sharing, simplicity, and most importantly not about holding a grudge.
How did you reach this conclusion?

Old 10-19-2013, 08:20 AM

473 posts, read 616,362 times
There are also some interesting things about the Saxons There are claims that they can be traced to Media and Jewish roots. Of course we all come from Adam and Eve and then Noah. We are all family and relatives regardless of our colors on the outside. The history of genealogies is vain. All history is dead and should only be used to learn our mistakes from. I just happen to have a name that can be traced back farther than others. I know this is a little off the subject of grudges, but it's interesting.

TRACING the racial origins of any people is a difficult task at best. It becomes doubly difficult, however, when there is reason to believe, as in the case of the Anglo-Saxons, that somewhere in the distant past, God had punished that people for a long period of time by scattering them among the nations of the earth in such a way that they would lose their identity. Fortunately for those who would trace the migrations of the Anglo-Saxons through Europe, there is now a great mass of evidence to support the claim that all the peoples who came into the British Isles, centuries BC and AD were of the same stock, and had their origin in the Hebrews, especially in the tribes that were deported into the vicinity of Media - the very place where the Bible record leaves the multitudinous House of Israel.

This being so, it is necessary for us to briefly survey the national history of Israel, from where we left them in Egypt until their final dispersion to Media. Now it is generally agreed that Jacob and his family came into Egypt in the year 1701 BC, and that the Israelites remained in that country until 1486 BC - a period of two hundred and fifteen years.* During this time the blessing of fruitfulness so increased their numbers that we read:

"The children of Israel were fruitful, and increased abundantly, and multiplied, and waxed exceedingly mighty; and the land was filled with them." (Ex. 1:7)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity