Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 03:08 PM

18,193 posts, read 16,788,691 times

Advertisements

Was meditating (or medicating, as the case may be ) on this passage and suddenly the Holy Spirit opened my eyes to the reality of what Jesus was saying. It's like when a government passes national health insurance for its people. If you're a citizen of that country you are automatically covered. It doesn't require any action on your part except to go to the doctor when you're sick and you receive treatment.

Same with Jesus' sacrifice. His death opened the gates of heaven to everyone--atheist, agnostic, Hindu, Buddhist, doesn't matter. We are all citizens of heaven now by virtue of His death and resurrection. It does NOT require a unilateral action on our part such as making a public proclamation "I accept Jesus as my Savior". If you were born you automatically are enrolled in "salvation assurance". When you die you come to the Father through Jesus automatically. "No one comes to the Father but by Me. My death makes it possible for you to come to the Father. Period." That is what Jesus was saying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2013, 03:22 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,109,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Was meditating (or medicating, as the case may be ) on this passage and suddenly the Holy Spirit opened my eyes to the reality of what Jesus was saying. It's like when a government passes national health insurance for its people. If you're a citizen of that country you are automatically covered. It doesn't require any action on your part except to go to the doctor when you're sick and you receive treatment.

Same with Jesus' sacrifice. His death opened the gates of heaven to everyone--atheist, agnostic, Hindu, Buddhist, doesn't matter. We are all citizens of heaven now by virtue of His death and resurrection. It does NOT require a unilateral action on our part such as making a public proclamation "I accept Jesus as my Savior". If you were born you automatically are enrolled in "salvation assurance". When you die you come to the Father through Jesus automatically. "No one comes to the Father but by Me. My death makes it possible for you to come to the Father. Period." That is what Jesus was saying.
Moderator cut: delete

How does that work? Why would Jesus need to die on the cross?

Last edited by Miss Blue; 10-23-2013 at 10:20 AM.. Reason: He didn't say that and you are baiting

Old 10-22-2013, 03:52 PM

18,193 posts, read 16,788,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Moderator cut: orphaned quote

How does that work? Why would Jesus need to die on the cross?
This is what people don't get. I don't know why. They always ask, Well, then why did Jesus have to die on the cross?"

He died so that everyone could get to heaven. Without Jesus' death and resurrection no one, not a single individual--even if they kept the law 99.9999% perfectly--could get to heaven. Just that .00001 slip would keep them out of God's presence. But Jesus' death was all-inclusive. It opened the gates of heaven wide to everyone. It's not a difficult concept to grasp. Jesus' death and resurrection was vital to getting into heaven. Period. Only through Him do we come to the Father--through His death and resurrection.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 10-23-2013 at 10:23 AM..

Old 10-22-2013, 05:05 PM

9,670 posts, read 9,946,511 times
Sure Jesus said `no one comes to the father but by me , as I am the way and the truth ``John 14:6..... Jesus also said from John 3: 5-8...`.Very truly I say to you , Except a man be born of water (repentance) and of the Spirit he cannot enter in to the kingdom of God.. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which born of Spirit is spirit...You must be born again ..The wind blows where it goes , and you hear the sound there , but can not tell whence it comes, and where it goes, so is every on that is born of the Spirit `...........See here are more pre-requisite for going to heaven , and forcing people to go to heaven by God is not one ......

Old 10-22-2013, 06:05 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,126,183 times
Moderator cut: orphaned quoted post
Moderator cut: response to orphaned post
The bible points us to Jesus Christ, we follow him once we have found him.

Examine yourselves(not the bible) to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves(not your neighbor). Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you--unless, of course, you fail the test 2 Cor 13:5

Thankfully Jesus made it perfectly clear we come to the Father by him not the bible.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 10-23-2013 at 10:35 AM..

Old 10-22-2013, 06:27 PM

183 posts, read 191,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
[orphaned [/mod]

The bible points us to Jesus Christ, we follow him once we have found him.

Examine yourselves(not the bible) to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves(not your neighbor). Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you--unless, of course, you fail the test 2 Cor 13:5

Thankfully Jesus made it perfectly clear we come to the Father by him not the bible.

But you got that from the bible? correct?

Moderator cut: delete

Last edited by Miss Blue; 10-23-2013 at 10:38 AM.. Reason: off topic portion was deleted

Old 10-22-2013, 07:00 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,126,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepherdMaster View Post
But you got that from the bible? correct?

Like I said the bible points>>>>>>>>>>>>> you to>>>>>>>>>Jesus Christ, whom to KNOW is life eternal.

Examine yourselves(not the bible) to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves( not your neighbor). Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you--unless, of course, you fail the test.

Moderator cut: orphaned response

Last edited by Miss Blue; 10-23-2013 at 10:40 AM..

Old 10-22-2013, 07:28 PM

3,308 posts, read 4,539,165 times
Moderator cut: orphaned
I agree with Vizio.
The no one comes to the Father except through me means that IF you are a believer, then you go through Jesus when praying to the Father.

That has no bearing on whether or not someone is saved. It's so scary to read these types of things all over the Internet. So many people believe so many different things. I am NOT saying what I believe is true and everyone else is wrong. I'm just saying what I believe, just as everyone else is.

But as far as I know, the general consensus is you must believe in Jesus and that he died for your sins in order to be saved. Am I wrong?

Last edited by Miss Blue; 10-23-2013 at 10:44 AM..

Old 10-22-2013, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The opposite to walking in the Light, yes Jesus Christ also said I AM the Light of the world too. There is a way that seems right to man( this is the darkness). You seem to think Jesus Christ the Life is a killer, this is darkness and you need to repent from it.

You read John in the gospels? I assume so. So why do you reject Revelation? Jesus revealing himself, and his future actions.

Old 10-22-2013, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post
I agree with Vizio.
The no one comes to the Father except through me means that IF you are a believer, then you go through Jesus when praying to the Father.

That has no bearing on whether or not someone is saved. It's so scary to read these types of things all over the Internet. So many people believe so many different things. I am NOT saying what I believe is true and everyone else is wrong. I'm just saying what I believe, just as everyone else is.

But as far as I know, the general consensus is you must believe in Jesus and that he died for your sins in order to be saved. Am I wrong?

I reject the consensus of others, particularly of the ordained.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity