U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2013, 09:47 AM

987 posts, read 908,922 times

Advertisements

I do walk by faith, that all will be reconciled to God in His perfect timing. I don't know how you think I feel otherwise. I yearn for all to NOW have this peace and love of a God that is not TRYING to entice His children to do good and earn heaven, but a God who has never feared He will have to abandon them because of bad choices. I hate to see people mourn over loved ones or dear friends who seemed to have died unrepentant and non believing in the One who saves us out of death. I have faith He does, I try to encourage others to believe that too, but it's up to the Holy Spirit to germinate the seeds as the Father wills.

Have a blessed Thanksgiving..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2013, 04:05 PM

11,918 posts, read 14,148,305 times
Thanks for sharing, ScarletWren. During Thanksgiving dinner today, my 21 year old nephew, (who has aspergers but is a very deep thinker) brought up the subject of eternal hell and he was asking all of us what we believed. He was visibly upset/frustrated that finite sin would result in eternal punishment and so I had the opportunity to share that all believers do not believe that punishment is eternal and I had the opportunity to share with him that the majority of believers in the early church did not believe in eternal hell. I also shared some passages with him which spoke about the eventual restoration of all to God. I think that this was helpful to him and I am hoping to share more with him in the future.

Old 11-28-2013, 06:43 PM

1,437 posts, read 2,557,147 times
Aside from the cross of Christ, I try to stay away from the miracle of salvation and how grace works. It is 'almost formulaic:' confess, repent, receive, believe, after which, for those of us above the earth, our actions are the fruits of the spirit. I know it covers us fully in our sins and cleanses us, though we are filthy rags. And some of us don't have to work out our salvation, as we are on the cusp of eternity in making our confession. It is the ultimate confession of faith. I may explain what G-d does in me, though G-d in me is different from G-d in anyone else. This may be the best gospel I can give to others, but I also realize it is G-d's spirit through that message to them that does the work. And it either does the work or doesn't. I don't know the hearts of other believers, only their profession. I don't know who is a believer and how G-d works in them. I don't know the hearts of other believers and when they offer a true confession. I do know Jesus died and Christ offers heaven for those who are penitent. This is the miracle for another to find. If they are bound with issues of faith, that is their burden to learn, 'for my yoke is easy, and my burden light.' This is the purpose of discipleship.

Other's salvation, eternity? This is why Christ died, not me. Anything else is mere conjecture. Giving someone consolation on their loved one's death and salvation is an exegesis I don't think anyone should explore. Giving them broad proscriptions for how G-d's grace works and what G-d's salvation is doesn't side-step the issue, but allows G-d to work in another's heart without my religious interpretation. G-d's grace in me is my salvation. The grace of G-d in me, explained by me, is my spirituality. The proscription of the grace of G-d as I explain it (this is how it is; it is no other way) is my religion. Why should I subject G-d to my box of ideas as a religion if G-d is bigger, broader, than what I can know?

This brings it back to the original issue: what happens when Hitler (or Mussolini, or Stalin, or any other murderous dictator) stands before G-d is up to G-d. I can only dream of what that is. G-d's final and perfect answer is as yet unknown because none of us have seen Jesus as yet face-to-face. But if my experience of G-d is correct, and if any of these individuals, or any of us, makes a confession, offers repentance, receives grace, and walks in faith, they will be saved. If the wretch of man I am can be saved, the grace abounds to all. When I begin putting proscriptions on grace, my religious impression is not offering salvation, but is throwing G-d in a box, and it is a remedy that can be sold like snake oil. I leave the miracle to G-d, and keep walking with my eyes on Jesus. This is the simplicity and the paradox of the gospel, and how snake oil proscriptions become a threat to the true gospel.

What is that to thee? You follow me.

Be a blessing and walk in G-d's faith on this Thanksgiving day.

Old 12-01-2013, 07:05 PM

5,147 posts, read 2,534,491 times
But what about individuals that have already been judged as committing the unforgivable sin? - Matthew 12 v 32; Hebrews 6 vs 4-6

Would God's undeserved grace abound to all when Matthew 20 v 28 states Jesus' ransom covers MANY and does Not say all.

We can not read hearts, but God knows when one has crossed that unforgivable sin line.

Old 12-03-2013, 12:38 PM

6,387 posts, read 5,290,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
But what about individuals that have already been judged as committing the unforgivable sin? - Matthew 12 v 32; Hebrews 6 vs 4-6

Would God's undeserved grace abound to all when Matthew 20 v 28 states Jesus' ransom covers MANY and does Not say all.

We can not read hearts, but God knows when one has crossed that unforgivable sin line.
Is anything impossible for God? Is there anything that God "cannot do?" Including forgiving? If Jesus teaches us to "be like our Heavenly Father," and that we must "forgive in order to be forgiven," then how can God not forgive? If blasphemy is unforgivable, then Christ's salvation power does not cover everything!

Perhaps we should remember, that the Gospels (where Jesus is quoted as talking about blasphemy) were not written by Jesus, and they are plainly indicated as being "the Gospel according to Mark" or "the Gospel according to Matthew," etc. If we believe these words, then we know that they are the Gospels accounts according to those people, but not necessarily according to God, Jesus or Holy Ghost.

In fact, there is no Bible written according to the Holy Ghost. So we can expect imperfections, mistranslations, etc.

Peace.
brian

Old 12-03-2013, 12:58 PM

17,966 posts, read 12,940,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Is Hitler part of the MANY of Matthew 20 v 28; Mark 10 v 45 that Jesus' ransom covers MANY and does Not say all ? ______
Jesus gave his soul a ransom for many (matt.20:28), but He gave HIMSELF a ransom for all (mankind) 1 Timothy 2:4-6.

Quote:
How do you know Hitler did Not commit the unforgivable sin ?______Mathew 12 v 32; Hebrews 10 v 26
He didn't.

Quote:
Sure it is God's will that people be saved. All types of people, and all sorts of people, but Not all people will be willing to do God's will over one's own will.
1 Timothy 2:4-6 does not say that "God will have all mankind to be saved if all mankind would just will it." Rather it says "God will have all mankind to be saved for Christ gave Himself a ransom for all." Notice the word "for" is "the reason why this is so that God will have all mankind to be saved.

Quote:
That is why the free-will choice is given to repent or perish [ be destroyed ] at 2nd Peter 3 v 9; John 3 v 16 B.
Won't all wicked ones be ' destroyed forever ' according to Psalm 92 v 7 ?______
No.

Quote:
What would be the point of that warning if all are saved ?
Warning about what? Jesus never warned anyone about hell. In all of Acts not one person preached: SAVE YOURSELVES FROM HELL! In all of Paul's letters not once did he every preach salvation from hell. In the whole Old Testament not one person was threatened with hell. That should tell you something.

Quote:
Surely you do Not believe Satan will be saved because doesn't Jesus destroy Satan according to Hebrews 2 v 14 B ?
Satan is wicked and all who make themselves as Satan's seed, so to speak, will end up destroyed like Satan.
Heb 2:14 "Since, then, the little children have participated in blood and flesh, He also was very nigh by partaking of the same, that, through death, He should be discarding him who has the might of death, that is, the Adversary,"
Satan will be discarded during the 1000 year millennial reign but near the end of the 1000 years be released again to deceive the nations.
Quote:
Acts 24 v 15 mentions only two types of people resurrected: The just or righteous and the unjust or unrighteous.
There is No mention of the wicked being resurrected.
Um, wicked and unjust are the same. Daniel was only referencing the resurrection of the just and unjust Israelites for the kingdom and for those getting kicked out of that kingdom.

Quote:
Those resurrected back to perfectly healthy life on Earth during Jesus' coming 1000-year reign over Earth will come to an accurate knowledge of what the Bible really teaches, but those resurrected ones who choose to reject Jesus as Messianic king will Not gain everlasting life on Earth nor ever live again anywhere.
If they had perfect health, why the need for the leaves for healing and fruit of the tree of life to keep them alive?

It is not that one chooses to reject Jesus but that God does not choose such a one so they can believe in Christ Jesus. Remember, God locks up all together in stubbornness THAT HE MIGHT BE MERCIFUL TO ALL. (Rom.11:32).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity