Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 04:34 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,179,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
Furtick is also infamous for calling his critics "haters"

as one friend said online best:

If you want to get a glimpse of FURTICK 's hatred toward those sounding the alarm on his apostasy and WOF teachings go

YouTube his "hey haters" video.
You mean this one?

Hey Haters! (Max Holiday Dub) - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2013, 04:39 PM

3,098 posts, read 7,541,873 times
yep.

btw,

Part 3 of NBC's investigation into Steven Furtick - the Ed Young Jr. (aka the bed on the roof 7 day sex challenge pastor in Texas connection to Furtick 's church

I-Team: The blueprint of a megachurch | WCNC.com Charlotte

Old 10-25-2013, 07:49 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,014,055 times
Never heard of him. We no longer have cable TV so it is unlikely that I have heard of any of the newer modern day men who pervert the gospel.

Old 10-25-2013, 07:53 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,014,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
He's a budding megastar "pastor" that is making a lot of money doing "ministry".

Furtick has a gift of taking any scripture and makes it about himself. I heard a sermon of his where he literally made the birth of Christ about Steven Furtick.

In his book, Sun Stand Still, he makes it seem that if we have big enough faith we can command the sun to stand still -- and then conquer any other "suns" in our lives. The problem, though, is that the Biblical story of the sun standing still wasn't about how to pray and conquer our problems. It was about God--and his provision.

In his book, Greater, he reasons that since Elijah burned his plows, we need to follow God with abandon and "burn our plows". The problem, of course, is that the story of him burning his plows is not about how we should live. If we are going to do everything the prophets did....I'm waiting for him to cook his food over poop.
I can only imagine the red face of embarrassment false teachers will have on the day when everything is shown for what it is. I think some of these pastors even believe their own delusions and having lied to themselves and others and having had people "accept them" in Christ's name they become convinced that they have a calling to preach and teach. That should be a warning to others who are overly eager to preach and teach.

Old 10-26-2013, 03:27 PM

35,666 posts, read 21,030,020 times
i rather be associated to Mother Teresa than any of these, titles mean nothing to God, but what you do He takes account- Let Him judge

Old 10-29-2013, 10:00 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
The Prosperity Gospel is pernicious doctrine no grounding in the Gospel. How many different ways does Christ have to tell us to not put our faith in earthly things?

What's more, it essentially tells us that wealth is a sign of God's favor. The logical inference which follows that poverty is a sign of God's disfavor.

Old 10-29-2013, 10:07 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,335,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
I made the sun stand still. In fact, it is still standing still. It does not even move. That is some deep faith.
The sun circles the black hole in the center of the Milky Way. The orbit takes 225 million years.

Old 10-29-2013, 10:58 AM

FFTF radio show: Steven Furtick's 16,000 sq ft Mansion

Program segments:

• Glenn Bleakney on Why We Need Signs and Wonders Today
• Steven Furtick's 16,000 sq ft Mansion
• Sermon Review: Greater: Dig Ditches by John Wilkinson of LCBC

Fighting for the Faith: Steven Furtick's 16,000 sq ft Mansion

Old 10-30-2013, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
yep.

btw,

Part 3 of NBC's investigation into Steven Furtick - the Ed Young Jr. (aka the bed on the roof 7 day sex challenge pastor in Texas connection to Furtick 's church

I-Team: The blueprint of a megachurch | WCNC.com Charlotte

Fighting for the Faith: Wolves Draw Away the Disciples After Themselves

is a radio show that talked about this article also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity