U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 04:16 PM

9,984 posts, read 6,784,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
In Christianity.

But Easter and Christmas has absolutely nothing to do with Jesus.
Oh really... so the Incarnation and the Resurrection are not worth celebrating ?
uh - huh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2015, 04:24 PM

40,228 posts, read 26,840,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Who appointed you the arbiter of what is and is not Christian??? Whatever a Christian does to honor Christ is Christian because that is what they INTEND to do. Where did you ever get this silly idea that people can celebrate something they do not INTEND to celebrate???
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Its not a matter of what they intend, its what God says we are to do and he made it quite clear not to worship him in the same exact manner that the pagans worshiped their fake idol Gods.
<snip>
Wrong. It is COMPLETELY about what they INTEND! What God was concerned about was NOT that they worshiped HIM using idols. It was that they worshiped OTHER Gods AS IDOLS ! They are not remotely the same! Your "precepts and doctrines of men" have blinded you to the central message of the Gospel . . . the REAL Good News. God is reconciled to us and Christ is the reason. It is finished! Hallelujah. None of this other nonsense you fret over makes the slightest difference to that Good News. We can celebrate God and the Good News whatever way we want.

Old 04-08-2015, 04:29 PM

4,431 posts, read 4,086,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
Oh really... so the Incarnation and the Resurrection are not worth celebrating ?
uh - huh.
Resurrection is completely worth celebrating, but many Christians accept a egg laying rabbit as part of that too which has nothing to do with Christ. Like it or not many customs we do were just pagan customs merged into Christianity and Jesus name slapped ontop of it.

Old 04-08-2015, 04:34 PM

6,766 posts, read 1,414,614 times
No, but that is because, for me, Christmas is sentimental, not religious. (Anyway, don't most biblical experts say that Jesus was actually born in the spring?)

Anyway, Christmas for me is mainly about snow, holiday movies and music, baking special Christmas cookies, and enjoying a lighted and decorated Christmas tree beside a warm and crackling wood fire. So, if Christmas was changed to a non-winter month, I would probably celebrate it on December 25 anyway, or else combine "Christmas" with the winter solstice on or about December 21, and call it good.

Old 04-08-2015, 04:53 PM

14,977 posts, read 5,018,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
uh - huh.

Easter is named after a Pagan Goddess and the main gate of the Temple of Babylon has the same name. You weep for Tammuz and Easter in looking for fertility rites and blessings, and Passover teaches you to look for sin, not reward. The Catholic Encyclopedia tells us what Easter is and why is was so set against falling on the real Passover, and this reason being that the church wanted nothing to do with the feasts of Christ because the Jews kept the feasts of Christ.

If you were caught doing Passover instead of Easter, what did Constantine say and what did Martin Luther say if you attempted to Judaize yourself or anyone else?

Easter is used as a vehicle to persecute the people who keep the Passover of Jesus and still today, Passover is not Easter and Jews and believers in Christ do not keep the Babylonian Easter, nor could we.

Baking cakes for the queen of heaven goes way back before Christ, and we are specifically instructed to have nothing to do with Easter or Christmas. Egyptians and Babylonians were bringing Christmas trees into their houses long before Jesus was ever born and the Northern kingdom fell into Christmas and Easter and it wiped out the entire kingdom because they had rejected God, rejected Jerusalem and rejected their brother the Jew.

The very beginning was that Eve chose the wrong harvest although she was informed not to harvest that tree but she did anyway.

Able followed what God has instructed, but Cain likewise chose his own sacrifice and his own harvest.

God put a whole kingdom next to Judah to see if they could live together but the kingdom of Israel rejected Jerusalem and it's feasts of the king of Jerusalem.

Jeroboam rejected Jerusalem and created his own feasts which WERE EASTER and CHRISTMAS, and this is how a person is marked on their forehead and right hand by what Holy days and traditions they keep.

But the people of God choose Jerusalem, and there are always those people who will reject Jerusalem and it's feasts, and they themselves think they can change the Holy city from Jerusalem to another city and so here we are again.

Separation.

And now you can tell me that you have chosen the wrong city, and rejected the feasts of Christ which are written and recorded for all to keep and it is the same as Easter?

You aren't the first to try and say it is the same, but it couldn't possibly be more different.

The first righteous gentiles converted to Judaism, and Christianity was a legal sect of Judaism for over 100 years until the gentiles rejected Jerusalem and created their own worship system that has nothing to do with the worship system of Jesus, and the worship system of Babylon is not the worship system of Jerusalem in any way.

But even after the church admits that it took on Pagan Holy days, and even after they admit that they stand against the law, and even after they admit that they don't keep the recorded feasts, they will still want us to believe that their Holy days , feast, and traditions are about Christ when in fact, there IS NO debate.

Easter is simply not Passover, and Christmas is simply not the feast of Tabernacles. Christians have a golden opportunity to receive the promise of Shemini Atzereth but they know nothing of the promise, and they refuse to watch in that they themselves have changed the times and the seasons, and the times and the seasons are for you to know the visitation days of your God.

If something happens on Passover, or on Shavuot, or the feast of Trumpets, or Yom Kippur, or Tabernacles, or Shemini Atzereth, how ill you be prepared in the least?

And because you don't watch, and because you don't know the times and the seasons, you have great fear because Jesus is going to come upon you as a thief in the night, and this is not a good thing, but you are given a sure promise that YOU WILL be caught by surprise.

But Paul taught people the times and the seasons in his day and this is why he says,'' We have no fear of Jesus coming to us like a thief in the night BECAUSE we know the times and the seasons.''

Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur will come, and you wont know that the books have even been opened or what books or opened much less knowing your name is written in the book of life this fall because none of it matters to you, but the people of God do watch, and they will hear their name and what book their name is written in, and why it is written having obtained the seal of protection that God promises to all who keep his Sabbaths and feasts.

The marking of those 144,000 are being marked through Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur, and that is the whole point Revelation is trying to teach you, but Jesus says that if you will not watch, then you will not know the hour or the day and he will come on you like a thief.

Why would people be so willing to throw everything away when what is asked is so easy, only that you convert to what is of Jesus, not what is of me or anyone else, but that you walk in his Passover and you know when this is, and it isn't Easter. It's traditions are opposite of what Jesus teaches us in Passover, and this isn't just a day to celebrate, Passover is the first step of a progressive walk into ALL the feast days.

Do you think you will be able to enter into the wedding chamber on Rosh Hashanah?

Do you think we can reject the marriage and the consummation of the marriage AND the wedding banquet and still be considered virgins who will be able to enter into the chamber?

It's the same as rejecting the Passover and the Passover lamb, people reject and still claim they have a Passover lamb but in keeping the Passover, the idea brings disgust, disgust for the very promises we are given in those days.

God hasn't asked us to do some hard thing or to fulfill every law of the feast days, but you can bet that he demands for us to at least accept what he has ordained. Nobody judges you if you don't go to Jerusalem to keep all the laws of the feasts, but people have a good reason for raising an eyebrow when you have rejected what is of Jesus and then you add your own Pagan Holy days and traditions to then say,'' Behold, here are your Gods O Israel.''

That is what we call,'' Adultery.''

Israel came across the sea and STILL they went back to their paganism in adultery, and Israel committed adultery by choosing the things of Babylon over the ways of God and his son.

They were wiped out, the whole kingdom of Ephraim wiped out and we gentiles have an adoption through that door of Ephraim.

But Ephraim was wiped out BECAUSE of the same things we do, Christmas and Easter.

Christianity was one man with Judah, and they converted to Judaism, and they accepted what was of the Messiah while rejecting ALL their former Pagan practices.

Conversion is conversion, and Christianity seems to be the only religion in the world where that when you believe, you convert to the worship system of Babylon, not Jerusalem.

True conversion was what the first gentiles did, and they accepted Jesus.

Old 04-09-2015, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Easter is named after a Pagan Goddess and the main gate of the Temple of Babylon has the same name. You weep for Tammuz and Easter in looking for fertility rites and blessings, and Passover teaches you to look for sin, not reward. The Catholic Encyclopedia tells us what Easter is and why is was so set against falling on the real Passover, and this reason being that the church wanted nothing to do with the feasts of Christ because the Jews kept the feasts of Christ.
The mush of "precepts and doctrines of men" clouds your thinking. Easter does NOT refer to anything pagan unless those who celebrate it INTEND that it refer to something pagan. What about that do you NOT understand????

Old 04-09-2015, 05:12 AM

2,867 posts, read 2,995,752 times
I don't celebrate Christmas...period.

Old 04-09-2015, 11:45 AM

14,977 posts, read 5,018,160 times
If I had lived in any other century and wanted to follow Jesus in his beautiful feasts, I would not only be persecuted and possibly killed, but I would lose any land, and my family would be persecuted and probably killed.

Even today when I speak of the beautiful feasts and the Passover lamb, people find me disgusting saying,'' Those are Judaizer laws, you are a legalistic.''

Even today there are many people suffering persecution and death because they choose what pleases God, and they make a willful knowing decision not to involve themselves in the worship of other Gods.

For 2000 years people have been hated and persecuted for keeping the appointed feast days of Christ, and today people act like that we are supposed to forget about the 2000 years of persecution?

Those righteous gentiles who went to their death for following Jesus in his Passover died honorably and they will be put in places of honor for having died over the feast days, and then there will be all those Christians who persecuted people for choosing and following the worship system of God.

I would not want to be in their shoes.

The only people who have historically followed Jesus in his feasts are the Jews, and they prove their love for God and their love for the Messiah because they are hated by the world for keeping things of the Messiah.

I would rather be with the persecuted and hated, then to stand amongst all the people who persecute the followers of God and his commandments.

It isn't an innocent thing when you take part in traditions that have caused so much hatred and death against the people of God.

Why not take on Wiccan Holy days or Muslim Holy days or Hindu Holy days and then claim they are about God?

Why would a Muslim stop keeping his Holy days if he believes in Jesus?

Why would a Wiccan stop keeping their holy days and traditions if they choose to believe in Jesus?

THEY DON"T HAVE TO, Do they?

How could a Christian tell a Wiccan that he has to stop keeping all the traditions and rites that make him a Wiccan?

HE CAN"T.

What should happen?

The Wiccan accepts Pagan Holy days and traditions of Christianity to reject his own?

Why would the Wiccan have to reject his Holy days and traditions to follow Jesus?

If a Wiccan does accept God, then he should reject his Holy days and traditions to take on the Sabbath and 7 feast days of Jesus.

But to tell a Wiccan that he has to reject his traditions for other Pagan traditions is madness, and then to tell a Wiccan that he has a Passover lamb, and then tell him not to believe in the Passover is madness.

God doesn't have two ways, he doesn't have two worship systems, he has one.

Old 04-10-2015, 12:01 AM

8,671 posts, read 3,121,079 times
Quote:
The mush of "precepts and doctrines of men" clouds your thinking. Easter does NOT refer to anything pagan unless those who celebrate it INTEND that it refer to something pagan. What about that do you NOT understand????
Minds Clouded?

It's a known fact that Easter(Ishtar) is a Luciferian Worship..
I"ll be blunt. It is fact that it still occurs today...Satanic cults are all over the planet..
Fools will have no foundation to stand on. The Earth will be made new.
I love the verse from Revelation concerning the 7 Churches..
Jesus speaks to John in the Spirit..
Jesus tells us that each church has a candle....

Revelation 1;
17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. 18 I am the Living One; I was dead, and now look, I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.
19 “Write, therefore, what you have seen, what is now and what will take place later. 20 The mystery of the seven stars that you saw in my right hand and of the seven golden lampstands is this: The seven stars are the angels[e] of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands are the seven churches.

And Mystic Hannibal is just giving it to us straight no chaser.
You got to read your old testament to learn the mysteries..

For instance David had an instrument that comforted everyone who heard it.
The instrument had 7 strings Brother..
What is creation but 7 notes that God called forth.?

Last edited by pinacled; 04-10-2015 at 12:13 AM..

Old 04-10-2015, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Minds Clouded?
It's a known fact that Easter(Ishtar) is a Luciferian Worship..
I"ll be blunt. It is fact that it still occurs today...Satanic cults are all over the planet..
Fools will have no foundation to stand on.
<snip Blah, Blah, Blah>
Look pinacled . . . you explain to me how anyone can celebrate or worship ANYTHING they do NOT intend to celebrate or worship . . . and I might rethink the clouded mind issue. All your other concerns are nonsense and irrelevant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity