Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 12:19 PM

1,543 posts, read 1,305,258 times

Advertisements

I posted this today on the Bible Talk Social Group:
THIS I BELIEVE

I believe that it is the will of God that all should be saved. I believe that God, in His omniscience, knows the heart of every person on this earth who is truly hungering and thirsting after righteousness, as Cornelius was doing in Acts chapter 10. And in His omnipotence He is able to bring all who obey the commandments of Christ into His fold. [See Heb. 5:[8] Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered; [9] And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him.]

Jesus said He did not come to the earth to condemn anybody, but to save all who truly believe on Him as the Son of God. Every one on the earth is already condemned if they have not truly repented of their past sins and been forgiven by our Savior.
Jesus said in Luke 17:[10] So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do. [We are saved by grace, not by any of our natural good works, but by the works of the Holy Spirit which we can receive as a free gift if we are fullly committed to obey our Savior and have begged Him to give us that Spirit. In our natural state it is impossible for us to keep all the commandments of Christ, but if we have received the Holy Spirit, it has been doing the works in and through us, so we have nothing in ourselves of which we can boast.
Just before He returned to be at the right hand of His Father, Christ said in Matt. 28:[20] Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

I believe we must be willing to forgive our brothers and sisters if we are to be forgiven.

I strongly recommend that anybody who wants to be sure they will to be able to stand blameless in the presence of Christ at the last and final day that they listen to at least the first 15-20 minutes of the sermon on 12/30/2014 by Bro. Mike McGee, which I truly believe is the best sermon I have heard in my whole life. He reminded us at the end of the service that Jesus is standing at the door knocking and that if we ask Him in true repentance that He will give us the Spirit of the Holy Ghost, and that if we will nurture that Spirit for the remainder of our lives we will enter the kingdom of heaven. [Jesus said in Matt. 7: [21] Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that DOETH the will of my Father which is in heaven.

For the sermon link, click on:
https://www.transferbigfiles.com/36f...WiYItBVKUS4Jg2
(expires 12/30/2012)

Best wishes to all who truly desire to know and DO the will of God,
Bob Prince, Midland NC

Last edited by Robert M Prince; 12-05-2014 at 12:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2014, 08:43 AM

Correction on above expiration of wermon. It should have been 12/30/2014.

Old 12-06-2014, 09:38 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,274,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert M Prince View Post
[b]THIS I BELIEVE

I believe that it is the will of God that all should be saved. I believe that God, in His omniscience, knows the heart of every person on this earth who is truly hungering and thirsting after righteousness, as Cornelius was doing in Acts chapter 10. And in His omnipotence He is able to bring all who obey the commandments of Christ into His fold. [See Heb. 5:[8] Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered; [9] And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him.]
I agree!

Old 12-06-2014, 09:46 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,090,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert M Prince View Post
THIS I BELIEVE

Jesus said He did not come to the earth to condemn anybody, but to save all who truly believe on Him as the Son of God. Every one on the earth is already condemned if they have not truly repented of their past sins and been forgiven by our Savior.
Jesus said in Luke 17:[10] So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do. [We are saved by grace, not by any of our natural good works, but by the works of the Holy Spirit which we can receive as a free gift if we are fullly committed to obey our Savior and have begged Him to give us that Spirit. In our natural state it is impossible for us to keep all the commandments of Christ, but if we have received the Holy Spirit, it has been doing the works in and through us, so we have nothing in ourselves of which we can boast.
Just before He returned to be at the right hand of His Father, Christ said in Matt. 28:[20] Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

I believe we must be willing to forgive our brothers and sisters if we are to be forgiven.

I strongly recommend that anybody who wants to be sure they will to be able to stand blameless in the presence of Christ at the last and final day that they listen to at least the first 15-20 minutes of the sermon on 12/30/2014 by Bro. Mike McGee, which I truly believe is the best sermon I have heard in my whole life. He reminded us at the end of the service that Jesus is standing at the door knocking and that if we ask Him in true repentance that He will give us the Spirit of the Holy Ghost, and that if we will nurture that Spirit for the remainder of our lives we will enter the kingdom of heaven. [Jesus said in Matt. 7: [21] Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that DOETH the will of my Father which is in heaven.

For the sermon link, click on:
(expires 12/30/2012)

Best wishes to all who truly desire to know and DO the will of God,
Bob Prince, Midland NC
On one hand you say we are saved completely by faith alone. Then, you say that it is because of our obedience that we are saved...or that if we don't forgive we are not saved.

Which is it?

Old 12-06-2014, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
On one hand you say we are saved completely by faith alone. Then, you say that it is because of our obedience that we are saved...or that if we don't forgive we are not saved.

Which is it?
I never said we were saved by faith alone. Neither did I say that we could ever be saved by our natural good works. But we are saved when we truly believe in Jesus Christ Christ as the Son of God and make a commitment to God that we will show our love for the Savior by keeping His commandments, which is not possible by our natural efforts. When we have a mind to obey our Lord , He gives us that Holy Spirit which can lead, guide and direct us from this time forward. That Spirit makes it possible for us to carry out the Spirit of the law by working in and through us, leaving nothing of which we can personally boast.

Old 12-07-2014, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
I agree!
Julian658 Many thanks for the kind & encouraging words.

Old 12-07-2014, 06:54 AM

Correction: the sermon was on 11/30/14 and the link wiill expire on 12/30/2014. I am an 83 tear old semi-retired physician and must have hd some senior moments

Old 12-07-2014, 07:12 AM

525 posts, read 344,918 times
Robert M Prince,

re: "... but he that DOETH the will of my Father which is in heaven."

Would you say that it is the Father's will that His 10 commandments that were laid out in Exodus be observed - both in the letter and in the spirit?

Old 12-07-2014, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstrats View Post
Robert M Prince,

re: "... but he that DOETH the will of my Father which is in heaven."

Would you say that it is the Father's will that His 10 commandments that were laid out in Exodus be observed - both in the letter and in the spirit?
Qqqw best rstats -
In Romans I believe in 7th chapter Paul says we are delivered from the letter of the law that [with the Holy Spirit's aide] we might serve in the Spirit of the law.

Old 12-08-2014, 07:52 AM

If you had any trouble getting the sermon to come up, try clicking on:

Let me know if you still have any trouble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity