U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2013, 12:41 PM

111 posts, read 189,751 times

Advertisements

I want to know what make the reality TV show "Duck Dynasty" different from "Preachers of LA" and "Thicker than Water". It seems that these shows have prosperous people in them, but I have been noticing that " Preachers of LA" and " Thicker than Water" received more criticism from Christians than
"Duck Dynasty". What do you think the reasons for these reviews?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2013, 12:45 PM

11,235 posts, read 11,256,867 times
I would trust the Christian theology from Duck Dynasty quicker than I would from LA Preachers.

Old 10-25-2013, 01:03 PM

20,199 posts, read 12,109,645 times
I dont trust any of them, but they are just people- I trust God and follow HIM not abnormal Reality TV. Do you really think people don't "act" for the show? It is geared to be controversial and talked about to make it the HOT item- I am not infavor of what I've seen- shame. not on my things to watch,

Old 10-25-2013, 04:18 PM

2,819 posts, read 2,873,492 times
Never seen those shows. But, it will pass once the next hot thing arrives.

Old 10-25-2013, 04:37 PM

19,950 posts, read 13,623,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grasshopper_60619 View Post
I want to know what make the reality TV show "Duck Dynasty" different from "Preachers of LA" and "Thicker than Water". It seems that these shows have prosperous people in them, but I have been noticing that " Preachers of LA" and " Thicker than Water" received more criticism from Christians than
"Duck Dynasty". What do you think the reasons for these reviews?
For one, the Boston Red Sox....err....Duck Dynasty guys seem to be living moral lives. They also made their money not off of their preaching, but off of selling duck calls. There is nothing wrong with being prosperous--it's the fact that the LA Preacher boys are doing it by scamming people in the name of God.

I don't know anything about Thicker than Water. I don't know what that is.

Old 10-25-2013, 04:46 PM

3,096 posts, read 6,473,082 times
speaking of Preachers Of LA

anyone read this

Deitrick Haddon caught sending pics with his pants down - St. Louis American: Hot Sheet

quote:

“Preachers of Los Angeles” star, Deitrick Haddon is in hot water after nude pictures said to be him were leaked online this week.

a sex scandal involving a tv preacher? how cliché isn't it?

Old 10-25-2013, 05:01 PM

25,779 posts, read 13,404,281 times
Of the shows mentioned, I've only seen Duck Dynasty - and I'm a fan.

Not to the point of buying a t-shirt or hat, though.

Yet.

Old 10-28-2013, 11:13 PM

794 posts, read 676,767 times
Duck Dynasty is a family comedy. God is implemented into the show because of the family's Christian faith. You don't see shows like Duck Dynasty on TV anymore. All you see is exploitation and secular noise on TV these days. Duck Dynasty has many things that almost anyone can relate to especially the family values. Most of the world is hurried and this show has aspects that I think all of us want in life. Its something the whole family can watch together and relate to in one way or another. Its not easy getting Jesus on TV these days and this show did and in very creative way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity