Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 12:02 AM

1,999 posts, read 2,471,766 times

Advertisements

And it's coming with the "bling" and L.A. glam.

Full Story with Nightline news video: Lifestyles of the Rich

Given I like Reality TV I'll probably be watching sometimes. You? The article says some people have started online petitions against the show.

Real Millionaire Preachers of LA [Pastors Living Lavishly] - YouTube
'Preachers of LA' Spark Controversy with Flashy Faith - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2013, 06:21 AM

584 posts, read 871,719 times
I watched and enjoyed it. It was entertaining and they showed one of ministers bringing the gangs together and encouraging them to stop the violence.

Old 10-13-2013, 07:33 AM

112 posts, read 117,735 times
Vanity.

From satan himself.

Old 10-13-2013, 07:48 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Looking at the list of preachers, I'm not sure there is an actual Christian preacher among them.

Old 10-15-2013, 09:39 PM

I enjoyed watching the show. It was entertaining.

Old 10-15-2013, 11:09 PM

400 posts, read 601,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post
I enjoyed watching the show. It was entertaining.
Bet they gave you a new car and a mansion to say that.

Old 10-15-2013, 11:29 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times
Sorry, I don't watch horror shows.

Old 10-16-2013, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartstarr1960 View Post
Bet they gave you a new car and a mansion to say that.
No, but I wish they did. LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Sorry, I don't watch horror shows.
It's not that bad. Two of the preachers faced off at the end too... like the young dude wanted to throw hands. It's entertaining. But then I was a fan of Mob Wives too. Lots of fist fights and arguments in there.

Old 10-24-2013, 11:00 AM

2 posts, read 2,052 times
I am sorry but I have TRIED hard to watch this show but I just cannot anymore. I believe some of the pastors on this show are genuine but I cannot tolerate Dominque and D or whatever his name is another minute. ANY Christian much LESS a pastor and almost pastors wife that doesn't realize that fornication is wrong has NOT read their bible for one minute. What is this show portraying??? FORTUNE OR GOD??? I am pretty sure the educated producers of Oxygen can come up with something better than this. The bad part is that most of these pastors could have used this platform for God and good but you turned it into the love of money. Being from Alabama, I know the pastors from there should know better and be sending a better light and what is important. Sad thing is, they are the best ones on the show. Also just for the record Dominque, NO there are not tons of real GOOD women wanting your man. NOTHING about him turns me on and in fact he sickens me with his uh ah gah preaching. The best thing you can do is run from this player!!!! God Bless You all to see the real light and salvation and that is the one that died for my sins, Jesus Christ!!!

Old 10-24-2013, 01:34 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,409,928 times
i watched the first episode of this nonsense and that was enough for me

to me all i see is a bunch of clowns hustling money from black people (who are all too willing to give), they live in big mansions on the hills and roll around in low riders, bentleys, g wagons, rovers

they are balling out of control, and funny thing is that the white preacher is living the most modest and they show him in a "good light"

it's obviously standard love and hip hop "production" but it's more truthful because this is what happens

preachers hustle money, thats what they do

i'm glad i dont believe in church or preachers because that would make me a sucker contributing to these god hustlers lavish lifestyle
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity