U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 08:17 AM

473 posts, read 615,715 times

Advertisements

Evil is the hungry lion that hunts to eat not knowing why it's hungry. Then it dumps it's food from the other end and eats again. It is not ruled by it's head and it is not ruled by it's heart, it is ruled by a hunger that it cannot comprehend. It is dead and doesn't know that it is, like a machine or beast, it is always roaming and seeking to devour. This is the beast and the marks of those that follow are visible. They are predators

Mankind is usually ruled either by his head or by his heart.
If he is ruled by his head, he is ruled by the ways of the world immersed in himself and the mechanisms of the world. Greed for control of money, people, government without true evil intentions but working for evil none the less, sound asleep and unaware of the cliff's edge, blind. He follows the beast without seeing him.---He is stone cold.

Some of mankind are in a cage, they have a heart but let the pressures and weight of the world's problems bog them down. Always to live eating, sleeping, working with head bent and just moving through where life leads them and never leading. They walk the world asleep, seeking freedom and never finding it because they think it is hidden within the dollar. They start to wake up sometimes, give a little, help a little and then tell themselves that is good and go back to sleep. They are lukewarm.

The man who is ruled by his heart is forever and always in pain, a pain of the soul for the lost, the hurt and the lonely. Always worried but moving against the lion in an effort to stop the hunger from devouring all of creation. They bear the weight of their pain, always struggling in an effort to awaken the others from their deep sleep, trying to get them to open their eyes to what is happening in an effort to bring the people together to destroy the hungry beast from the land. They set themselves apart to lead. They are always awake and aware. They move without fear. They are hot.

Then there are the few that are very aware of the hunger, they follow willingly and knowingly seeking to whom they can devour while enjoying the sensations and pleasure that they get from the fear and pain they cause. They are ruled by the gut without thought of past, present nor future. Without thought of others they run as mindless beasts living on sensations of pleasure in destruction of innocence, love, happiness of others. They openly seek desolation and do not care about there destination. They have no mind nor heart that rules them. They are machines of destruction and they exist among us. They are the dead and yet they live. They are predators.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2013, 08:44 AM

183 posts, read 140,294 times
Evil seeks to destroy, it has no other purpose, there is nothing more to add or take away.

Evil, be it human evil or demonic evil, is alive and well, even here.

I see clearly.

Old 10-27-2013, 09:13 AM

535 posts, read 795,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila Renae View Post
Mankind is usually ruled either by his head or by his heart.
I would take this even a step further Sheila and say, Mankind is exclusively ruled either by his head or by his heart.

Many are locked in a head trip. They see God as an unsolvable set of dilemmas. They can't reconcile in their minds how God could allow evil, pain, suffering, war, murder.......................etc.. They can't reconcile the bible. They can't reconcile God and science. They can't reconcile eternal damnation. They reduce it all to human reasoning in the head (mind), while missing that God, Jesus and The Holy Spirit work in the heart (soul).

Old 10-27-2013, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priscilla Martin View Post
I would take this even a step further Sheila and say, Mankind is exclusively ruled either by his head or by his heart.

Many are locked in a head trip. They see God as an unsolvable set of dilemmas. They can't reconcile in their minds how God could allow evil, pain, suffering, war, murder.......................etc.. They can't reconcile the bible. They can't reconcile God and science. They can't reconcile eternal damnation. They reduce it all to human reasoning in the head (mind), while missing that God, Jesus and The Holy Spirit work in the heart (soul).
I can't see that they are ruled exclusively. I tried to write that first and changed it. There are gut predators among us that are ruled only by their guts and sensations--no head nor heart. Jeffrey Dalmer, Charles Manson, Saddam Hussein, Jack the Ripper, etc.--the list is long in history

Old 10-27-2013, 11:09 AM

535 posts, read 795,508 times
Quote:
I can't see that they are ruled exclusively. I tried to write that first and changed it. There are gut predators among us that are ruled only by their guts and sensations--no head nor heart. Jeffrey Dalmer, Charles Manson, Saddam Hussein, Jack the Ripper, etc.--the list is long in history
I've read a lot about Dalmer and he knew what he was doing was wrong. In an interview he even called it sin.

Manson was mentally unstable (head).

I'm not sure I buy into the mind being totally switched off. Ted Bundy, the Columbine shooters and the Virginia Tech shooter have been studied extensively and it's concluded they did not act on impulse but instead with careful planning and forethought.

Even rage, which often results in impulsive harm, is rooted in mental and spiritual imbalance.
When Shame Becomes Rage - article by Dr. Lynne Namka

Old 10-27-2013, 11:46 AM

987 posts, read 908,097 times
None of us like or welcome tragedies in our life or those we love. We even feel empathy or sympathy when it happens to strangers. Evil is part of life. There is no good without evil, no comfort without pain, no joy without sorrow. You can't comprehend what one is without the other. The creator, in His infinite wisdom, planned for evil to have a role in His creation to make us understand both concepts, so we could be His children. None of us know exactly WHY, WHAT or HOW Dahmer, Htler, Saddam or anyone we judge to be evil did what they did at the time they did it. Have you never did something that you later regretted? But, of course you probably did regret it so in your mind you feel you are better than these other individuals. Without the small and large evils that have befallen us, we would be stagnant and with little to no sympathy, appreciation, understanding, etc. While I don't welcome trials and tribulations and often resent them and any individuals I might think are the source of them, they are what has molded me into what and who I am. If it has made me a better person (in the eyes of the world), I can't take any credit for I did not have anything to do with the way my mind and emotions function. Evil is neutral. As is good. It is made viable in the minds of those who experience them and will be seen differently by different people. Lions are magnificent creatures. They do not dump their food. They dump the waste that the body can not use. What was good in the food is utilized to keep the body functioning at it's highest level. The lion had no part in designing how that happens and what is useful and what is not in all those molecules. He is not conscious of the workings inside. He just functions on a larger level. We have been given a mind to think but not all minds are equal and there are a lot of variables that occur on a personal, local and universal level every nanosecond which can make a difference in how we react to what happens in our lives. I do not control it. I have the illusion that I can reason out the best response, but only with what I have been given to use. Not everyone is given the same resources.

I'm not trying to disagree with the OP. Just stating my thoughts on the subject.

Grace be unto us all.

Old 10-27-2013, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletWren View Post
None of us like or welcome tragedies in our life or those we love. We even feel empathy or sympathy when it happens to strangers. Evil is part of life. There is no good without evil, no comfort without pain, no joy without sorrow. You can't comprehend what one is without the other. The creator, in His infinite wisdom, planned for evil to have a role in His creation to make us understand both concepts, so we could be His children. None of us know exactly WHY, WHAT or HOW Dahmer, Htler, Saddam or anyone we judge to be evil did what they did at the time they did it. Have you never did something that you later regretted? But, of course you probably did regret it so in your mind you feel you are better than these other individuals. Without the small and large evils that have befallen us, we would be stagnant and with little to no sympathy, appreciation, understanding, etc. While I don't welcome trials and tribulations and often resent them and any individuals I might think are the source of them, they are what has molded me into what and who I am. If it has made me a better person (in the eyes of the world), I can't take any credit for I did not have anything to do with the way my mind and emotions function. Evil is neutral. As is good. It is made viable in the minds of those who experience them and will be seen differently by different people. Lions are magnificent creatures. They do not dump their food. They dump the waste that the body can not use. What was good in the food is utilized to keep the body functioning at it's highest level. The lion had no part in designing how that happens and what is useful and what is not in all those molecules. He is not conscious of the workings inside. He just functions on a larger level. We have been given a mind to think but not all minds are equal and there are a lot of variables that occur on a personal, local and universal level every nanosecond which can make a difference in how we react to what happens in our lives. I do not control it. I have the illusion that I can reason out the best response, but only with what I have been given to use. Not everyone is given the same resources.

I'm not trying to disagree with the OP. Just stating my thoughts on the subject.

Grace be unto us all.
And the devil roams the land like a hungry lion seeking that which to devour. (1 Peter 5:8)

Old 10-27-2013, 12:31 PM

Quote:
And the devil roams the land like a hungry lion seeking that which to devour. (1 Peter 5:8)
And that means.............what? Did the lion make himself and decide what sort of food to eat? Oh yes, Satan created himself. Free will and all that. Wow, did God know what chaos would happen to His poor sheep when He gave Satan, I mean Lucifer, free will? I am NOT saying don't resist evil, that we shouldn't try to bring light and love into the world. We should cultivate the fruits of the Spirit. But sometimes it takes the fertilizer to cause the greatest growth spurts.

Have an awesome Sunday

Old 10-27-2013, 12:39 PM

5,733 posts, read 4,633,699 times
You guys need to get your theology correct - you are either ruled by the Spirit or your sinful nature.

Other than that all I hear on this thread is bad analogies, false dicothomies, ambiguous terms, and ignorance about the human conditon, neurology, cognition, philosophy, science, etc.

Old 10-27-2013, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
You guys need to get your theology correct - you are either ruled by the Spirit or your sinful nature.

Other than that all I hear on this thread is bad analogies, false dicothomies, ambiguous terms, and ignorance about the human conditon, neurology, cognition, philosophy, science, etc.
Thank you for your opinion. God bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity