Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2014, 01:04 AM

113 posts, read 150,865 times

Advertisements

“What will take you to the top will sustain you at the top”, it’s a statement that I was taught when I was growing in the Lord. Funny enough I have been in place where I have gotten to the top and ditched this principle and the results where catastrophic in my life and the shame they brought its crazy.

As worshipper and Christians we are slowly loosing reverence and honour to the things which are so important in life. Worship is one elements of the life of a Christian which can be destroyed by familiarity

What familiarity will do:
· Altar or stage
The way you see it as either a stage or it’s an altar, if it’s a stage then you perform and if it is the altar then its holy ground and the way you conduct yourself there will determine your worship. I have been standing here since I was 6yrs old, I know how to do this, that’s familiarity, what if, God wants to break out in a different way unlike never before used to doing this and it has become an oh! that ground.

· Playing instruments
It’s so easy to fall in a place where we increase skill and ability or become used to playing the same songs over and over that we can play them eyes closed. One thing I know is that the spirit is always moving and when we grow complacent we no longer recognize the move of the spirit. May the spirit of God take control of your instrument and through you may he play that which brings glory to his Majesty.

When we grow used to playing it loses value, the problem isn’t the instruments it’s one’s attitude towards worship that will change everything around

· Your pastor
I remember watching a clip and the interviewer said I am sitting here with my Pastor Friend so and so, my heart sank. Our worship is killed when we look at the people appointed in our lives as common and as our playmates. Some worship leaders actually question the decisions of the pastor at all times, no matter how old or young, how inadequate he is. Grow up, if God wanted you to be the Pastor he would have ordained you but He ordained that pastor and us as worship leaders we need to learn to honour and submit to these seats regardless.

· Done it before
We have done enough worship services; we sing these sings every Wednesday and Sunday. You started ministering when you were young, you have seen it all. With time because we have done it all we lose focus of God and we hang onto an idea of God and an idea of his power. Familiarity is a small killer bit by bit killer but its results are very detrimental to life.

Familiarity sticks to the old ways of doing things and is not looking to change because it’s stuck in the things of the old. Familiarity slowly kills worship as we slowly get familiar with God’s things our worship die. One thing I know for sure is “It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter”. (Pro 25:2) The things of the spirit are reserved for those who are hungry and for those who search out for them.

May we never allow our hearts to walk into familiarity, just like a spring of water which has water flowing, it always clean and working and the day the water stops flowing it’s become green, full of weeds and with a filthy stench.

May your live be the clean flowing spring and may we never allow familiarity to settle in us.

"Worship Him In The Beauty Of His Holiness"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2014, 01:18 PM

14,956 posts, read 9,790,824 times
What ever drive got you to the top it can get you there again, but keep in mind, nothing grows at the top. We grow in the valleys. The tops of mountains (life) give you an incredible view, it can be life altering, so clear so open and yet so barren. Who or what can live a top of Mt. Everest? We need challenges.

Worship... in spirit and truth.

Spiritual worship = sacrificial worship... and I take it to mean giving of ones self not from abundance or what is left over, but giving what would have cause you pain yesterday as a non believer... will today, lift your heart. The "cheerful giver" = cheerful worship = loving worship. It is about YOU, a living sacrifice. Spiritual worship is easy to understand for the believer since we have the Holy Spirit within us, but it is not easy to do... hence the word sacrifice. "If you ain't living, it you ain't believing it".

Truthful worship... We have way to many intellectual believers, Lots of Bible know-it-all's. We need more faithful believers. We need more dirty hands sore feet and clean souls. Truth is what your saying with your lips you will do with your hands and feet.

We must be relevant not just familiar. Not all can do what we are called to do, so lead by example and never judge others by your strength... all will fail and you have only pride as a friend.

... just sayin'

Old 02-22-2014, 06:10 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,008,103 times
One way is to invite Lord Jesus into that Worship , as ``any two or three gathered in my name agree I will be there ``Jesus promises need to be confess to the people in Prayer before the Worship ,............. And make sure that you have people with the Gifts of laboring or traversing in the spirit with groaning , through the Holy spirit praying during the Worship , and Jesus will come into the Worship to the degree of expectation of faith expressed .......... See these Gifts of Holy spirit help in soaking in the spirit which is needed for people to develop and endure to the end for their Wedding garments , so to say ............ See Seeking Jesus during the Worship build a confidence in the Lord that will dissolve all familiar songs time

Old 02-22-2014, 07:15 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,693,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
What ever drive got you to the top it can get you there again, but keep in mind, nothing grows at the top. We grow in the valleys. The tops of mountains (life) give you an incredible view, it can be life altering, so clear so open and yet so barren. Who or what can live a top of Mt. Everest? We need challenges.

Worship... in spirit and truth.

Spiritual worship = sacrificial worship... and I take it to mean giving of ones self not from abundance or what is left over, but giving what would have cause you pain yesterday as a non believer... will today, lift your heart. The "cheerful giver" = cheerful worship = loving worship. It is about YOU, a living sacrifice. Spiritual worship is easy to understand for the believer since we have the Holy Spirit within us, but it is not easy to do... hence the word sacrifice. "If you ain't living, it you ain't believing it".

Truthful worship... We have way to many intellectual believers, Lots of Bible know-it-all's. We need more faithful believers. We need more dirty hands sore feet and clean souls. Truth is what your saying with your lips you will do with your hands and feet.

We must be relevant not just familiar. Not all can do what we are called to do, so lead by example and never judge others by your strength... all will fail and you have only pride as a friend.

... just sayin'
Awesome post !
What a blessing to read first thing in the morning and yet truly full of Truth and wisdom from our God.
Everytime I read your post the Holy Spirit always leads me to the word and James 4:1-17 is where we went too this morning

1 Where do wars and fights come from among you? Do they not come from your desires forpleasure that war in your members?
2 You lust and do not have. You murder and covet and cannot obtain. You fight and war. Yet you do not have because you do not ask.
3 You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures.
4 Adulterers and adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.
5 Or do you think that the Scripture says in vain, “The Spirit who dwells in us yearns jealously”?

6 But He gives more grace. Therefore He says:

“God resists the proud,
But gives grace to the humble.”

7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
9 Lament and mourn and weep! Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom.
10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.
11 Do not speak evil of one another, brethren. He who speaks evil of a brother and judges his brother, speaks evil of the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge.
12 There is one Lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy. Who are you to judge another?

13 Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, spend a year there, buy and sell, and make a profit”;
14 whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what*is*your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away.
15 Instead you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we shall live and do this or that.”
16 But now you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil.

17 Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin.

This is what/why I enjoy reading your post they always lead to/in the word.
The wisdom God has given you and then sharing so that others may learn and spiritually mature in the knowledge of our God .
And it is not on the top of ones mountain this has come to pass, but in those valleys, challenges God has led one....... this is the fruit of a true worshiper, in order that others, the brethren may humbly come to this place of worship also.

It is awesome to have such individuals in our lives to learn true worship....that brings unity in the Spirit that others by listening may not have as many valleys because of the brethren that has been there before us.
Listening and not allowing the necklace of pride to be upon one...... leads one to that place of resting and growing deeply in love with our God, amen !

Blessings

Last edited by Cyber Munchkin; 02-22-2014 at 07:27 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 02-27-2014, 06:25 AM

113 posts, read 150,865 times
May god be glorified in all we do and may he receive all the worship he deserves.

Old 02-27-2014, 01:59 PM

14,956 posts, read 9,790,824 times
I'm flattered Cyber by you esteeming me... may I always be a pane of glass... where only God is seen. Amen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity