U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 03:15 PM

40,228 posts, read 26,833,383 times

Advertisements

This seems like a really odd question. Why would it not be okay?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2013, 03:32 PM

25,979 posts, read 13,492,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepherdMaster View Post
I treat everyone the same regardless of who they are or who they think they are.
Even heathens?

Old 11-01-2013, 08:56 AM

767 posts, read 431,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopac1980 View Post
I sometimes wonder about that because there are many people I know who are Christians who are loved by many here on Earth and they get a lot of love and admiration from other people of all religions.

There's nothing wrong with being liked, but not if we have to be liked by doing the things of the world which goes against Jehovah God and Jesus. MANY people, especially christians, worry more of even those who refuse to believe in “god”,liking them than they believing in God. So they ,(many christians),tend to hang with those of the world , which is a NO-NO ,(Pro.4:14,15 enter not into the path of the wicked, and go not in the way of evil men. Avoid it, pass not by it, turn from it, and pass away),and (James 4:4), then to have them hate them. Which Jesus showed, ANY who truly tries to follow him ,(John 17:16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world), and (Luke9:23). and does his Father's will ,(Matt.7:21), WILL be hated ,(John 15:18,19 the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. If ye were of the world, the world would love his own:but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you).

Understand, Jesus knows, people like a family member, won't always actually hate one who choose to NOT hang with them. But they will have some ill feelings. A true follower of Jesus, servant of Jehovah God ,(Exo. 6:3), would makesure they treat others right. And if they can help them, then they would. It would be much nicer to have one like you for those reason. But even if that's not enough reasons for other to like a person. I personally would rather be well loved by Jesus and Jehovah God than mankind, for so many reasons. I would rather Jesus see me as a spiritual sibling ,(Matt. 12:50). and Jehovah sees me as a servant, than one who followers the world ,(1John 2:15,16), more than they love God. ANY who look for the admiration of man, won't truly seek the admiration of Jehovah God and Jesus. It's like straddling a fence, trying to figure out which way to go.

If we want to be loved or liked more by imperfect humans. We will find ourselves doing some of the things they're are doing, or liking what they like in order to stay in their good grace. Which would mean we would soon look the other way when it came to their ungodly ways,which is wrong. For exam., ministers knows homosexuality is an abomination, (Levi.18:22,23 and Rom.1:26,27). Yet MANY in order to make themselves seem like true followers of Jesus. They would welcome the act by leading mankind into believing, God made some that way. Which in turn, will make them be well loved. Sadly just as Jehovah God and Jesus will destroy those who goes against their people. They will ALSO destroy ANY christian who justify the wrong doings of others ,(Pro.17:15 He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just,even they both are abomination to the LORD). So being loved by Jehovah God and Jesus should be the most important thing to a christian. peace

Last edited by jojo-50; 11-01-2013 at 09:05 AM..

Old 11-01-2013, 03:55 PM

8,116 posts, read 7,094,359 times
Sure I think it would be great if Christians were liked on earth , as to be sought after , and not forsaken is the dream and hope of all Christians ..... But the closer you get to God and have calling of Christ then the challenge of the adversary spirits of this world can come and divide up their relationship , so a faith to be sought after by a provision from God would be needed , and God knows of the challenge for His Children by the earth .....

Old 11-01-2013, 04:01 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,452,023 times
Yes it's okay and possible. Some people have natural charisma that just makes them likeable. You don't have to be a prude to love and serve The Lord. People loved king David too.

Old 11-02-2013, 09:11 AM

1,867 posts, read 1,214,520 times
Default The Issue Is Your Stand On Luke 6:26 !

Messing with all the bible makes enemies.

Preach John 3:5 to a former junkie .

Preach Hebrews 4 to a former drunk.

Preach 1 Peter 3:3 to a former red neck.

Preach Romans 6:1 to 90% of preachers today.

Preach 1 Timothy 6 to 90% of tycoons today.

Do they have a stand on Luke 6:26 too ?

Preach Luke 3:14 to 90% of people with testimonies.

Preach John 17:9 to 90% of people with long prayer lines.

Preach Matthew 7:6 to 90% of people with ministries all over the world.

Preach 1 Cor. 14:34-35 to 90% of church leaders that like to be impartial to everybody.

Preach 2 Peter 1:20-21 to 90% of people that just want to see everybody meet and get along.

Preach 2 Cor. 6 to 90% of people that feel everybody is your buddy if your a Christian.

Preach Matthew 7:21-24 to the name and claim anything crowd of people.

Preach Romans 12:3 to the faith extremist people.

Preach 1 Cor. 8:2 to the know it all people.

Preach John 5:39 to the optimistic extremist people.

Preach Matthew 10:34-37 to the good news extremist people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopac1980 View Post
I sometimes wonder about that because there are many people I know who are Christians who are loved by many here on Earth and they get a lot of love and admiration from other people of all religions.

Old 11-04-2013, 03:40 AM

8,226 posts, read 10,819,328 times
I don't think so.

Didn't Jesus say "Friendship with the world is enmity with god." or something to that effect?

Old 11-06-2013, 03:38 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,160,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I don't think so.

Didn't Jesus say "Friendship with the world is enmity with god." or something to that effect?
I do believe that Jesus wants us to treat everyone with lots of love and compassion to our fellow man, I believe that is the second commandment

Old 11-06-2013, 04:00 PM

32,331 posts, read 21,173,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I don't think so.

You'd think he meant friendship with how the world operates wouldn't you ?. Like cursing instead of blessing, hating your enemy instead of loving them, retaliating towards those who spitefully use you instead of doing good to them. This to me is befriending the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or