U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 04:14 PM

32,532 posts, read 30,665,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
[i]I thought he was talking about killing trees for Christmas,
Think so?

What a disappointment. What I was envisioning involved public nudity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2013, 04:19 PM

20,402 posts, read 9,831,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Think so?

What a disappointment. What I was envisioning involved public nudity.
A bare assertion is not necessarily the naked truth.

Old 11-01-2013, 04:26 PM

11,826 posts, read 10,170,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
There are barbaric tree naturalists around Flagstaff? Dang, missed them!!

Where? At Sizzler or out on Mars Hill? If they're on Mars Hill, they're astronomers not barbaric tree naturalists. Though, since they all come out at night, I can understand your confusion.
Nope ... right along I 17 south of Flagstaff (which I'll be at the Amtrack station tonight to pick up a family member)

I would see these stupid college kids standing still along the trees to be "one with nature" then others having protest signs about protecting our trees..... only to see the literal garbage left behind after their saving mother earth protest downtown.

Last edited by twin.spin; 11-01-2013 at 04:36 PM..

Old 11-01-2013, 04:41 PM

11,826 posts, read 10,170,747 times
Quote:
Care to join me for a barbaric, Mocha Frappuccino or Caramel Macchiato?
Or would that be to humanistic, or below ones dignity to be seen in public?
be careful for what you ask for .... I'll be in the 'hood this evening.

Old 11-01-2013, 04:42 PM

20,402 posts, read 9,831,311 times
Late for the Train Coffee Roastery (no pun intended) downtown Flagstaff, haven't been there in some time? LOL

Old 11-01-2013, 05:38 PM

5,965 posts, read 5,761,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Nope ... right along I 17 south of Flagstaff (which I'll be at the Amtrack station tonight to pick up a family member)

I would see these stupid college kids standing still along the trees to be "one with nature" then others having protest signs about protecting our trees..... only to see the literal garbage left behind after their saving mother earth protest downtown.
Why do you look down on college kids? What is wrong with being One with the Creation? Did you wait around to see if they left garbage, really? Do you think it sets a good example to call young people stupid?

Old 11-01-2013, 06:16 PM

1,473 posts, read 1,065,055 times
Quote:
The rear view mirror.
But objects in the Rear View Mirror are closer than they appear!

Also, for those who believe God is incapable of creating evil because he is all love, creating the possibility of evil is not the same thing as actually creating evil. Even if he did create it himself, There is an idea in modern philosophy that God cannot be truly "good" if there is no reference point for good, so evil or at least "non-good" are necessary.

Based on my study of the paranormal and the experience of many people I know, I don't really discount the possibility of demons or Satan existing as an actual "adversarial" entity. My current pastor...who is actually a UR believer of a slightly more conservative bend than most on this forum..didn't really buy the whole demon possession supernatural thing for most of his life until he got thrown into multiple situations where he couldn't explain it any other way and was even forced to do some amature exorcism work...Being a natural skeptic and a science major in college, He's still looking for natural explanations for what happened in those situations.

Last edited by Jrhockney; 11-01-2013 at 06:58 PM..

Old 11-01-2013, 06:34 PM

56,087 posts, read 54,581,442 times
Can I get a Beware Of Satan sign for my front porch?

Old 11-02-2013, 09:23 AM
Zur

949 posts, read 649,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Newton considered the priesthood, he believed in God. Can you quote where he said he also believed in Satan?.

That was another era and EVIL was explained with the concept of Satan. Now we know that EVIL is within us. It is the price we pay for free will.

I also understand that I cannot change a life long belief system. It would be impossible for you to stop believing in Satan. You will never know how free one feels knowing there is no Satan.

And lastly think! To believe in Satan is to denigrate the greatness of God.
Newton did not believe in the existence of Satan, I did not know. I believe on Jesus Christ, not the devil! Satan has his residence still in the second Heaven. I saw him as a person from a distance. He is in spiritual darkness and rules the kingdom of darkness. His headquarters on earth are in Jerusalem, you will find there all kinds of religions.
Jesus came to destroy the works of Satan. If there is still evil in you, repent and let God cleans you. Only Christ makes you free, not a wrong believe.
God created Lucifer, a cherub like Michael or Gabriel. Through his rebellion God took away the spiritual light and the good became evil, plus became minus, love hatred etc. When Adam sinned this evil came into the human race and this world. Jesus came to change the minus into plus and destroy the evil in us. The free will is when we allow it and work it out with God`s help, that`s faith. The human being cannot do it by himself, but with God all things are possible.
Good luck!

Old 11-02-2013, 11:17 AM

9,789 posts, read 6,731,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zur View Post
Newton did not believe in the existence of Satan, I did not know. I believe on Jesus Christ, not the devil! Satan has his residence still in the second Heaven. I saw him as a person from a distance. He is in spiritual darkness and rules the kingdom of darkness. His headquarters on earth are in Jerusalem, you will find there all kinds of religions.
Jesus came to destroy the works of Satan. If there is still evil in you, repent and let God cleans you. Only Christ makes you free, not a wrong believe.
God created Lucifer, a cherub like Michael or Gabriel. Through his rebellion God took away the spiritual light and the good became evil, plus became minus, love hatred etc. When Adam sinned this evil came into the human race and this world. Jesus came to change the minus into plus and destroy the evil in us. The free will is when we allow it and work it out with God`s help, that`s faith. The human being cannot do it by himself, but with God all things are possible.
Good luck!
You cannot have your cake and the frosting and pie all at once.

If you believe there is a Satan that can cause evil then MAN has no free will.

The existence of Satan makes God the creator of EVIL.

You could easily say Satan is the symbolic yet undefined inner force within MAN that drives MAN to do EVIL because MAN has free will. IN other words this is all on MAN and not in an EVIL being that lurks behind your back to make you do EVIL things. If you think in this way the Bible remains intact and all you need to understand is that some parts of the Bible are allegoric.

Quote:
allegory

1. a story, poem, or picture that can be interpreted to reveal a hidden meaning,
I suggest you carefully read the work of Augustine and Aquinas on this subject.

Guys, this is not rocket science. Lets join the 21st century. We do not live in the dark ages anymore.

Last edited by Julian658; 11-02-2013 at 11:40 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or