U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 09:05 PM

2,743 posts, read 1,771,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zur View Post
Why do you think that I am under the law? I am under grace, Jesus forgave me my sins! Amen
I also can tell you that I do not believe that I have to do works to be saved, it is a gift that I received. If it would be otherwise I never would know how many good works I had to do to be saved. The issue we are dealing with is can we loose our salvation? I have the revelation that I lost it because not of doing good works, I led even others to the Lord, but I would have gone to hell because of sins to death I committed as a Christian. To believe on Christ is to follow Him and to love Him and to do what He says and if we fail to repent. He told me to love Him and do His commandments. This I do to my best knowledge, and if I fail, I repent. If you call this what the bible says is right, being under the law and salvation through works, I cannot help you.
If you believe a Christian can commit sins to death and has not to confess it and repent, you have the free will to do and believe what ever you want, I will not judge you, because I was not better then you, but consider we all have to come before the judgement seat of Christ.
I never said you were under the law. I agree with you that you are under grace.

What does repentance mean to you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2013, 09:07 PM

2,743 posts, read 1,771,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Is ANYONE under sin then at this time?
Yes. Those who have not received Jesus as Lord. There is no more condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus.

He took away the sins of the world, but they still have to receive it.

Old 11-06-2013, 01:28 AM
Zur

949 posts, read 649,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
I never said you were under the law. I agree with you that you are under grace.

What does repentance mean to you?
The Lord told me to apply His blood daily, because we are in the flesh and in this world we can be defiled easily. But I admit I have not practiced it. I repent when I feel I have failed, I feel sorry, because sin stands between me and the Lord. If we have a strife with our wife and want to preach the word, the Lord will not go with us. we have to reconcile and seek peace with every one, we have to put on Christ to become His nature, to renew our mind, to have the mind of Christ (Rom 12:1+2). This can only be done through the Holy Spirit. The Lord told me for instance that I am pride. So I tried to humble myself. It did not work. I had to confess it before my brothers, and God acted. If we are addicted and cannot get rid of sin through repentance, IMO we need deliverance and spiritual help. The goal is always to overcome sin and get the devil under our feet. We should seek the fruit of repentance that means to overcome and change. I know that this can be a long way to go. Faith on Christ and speak His word helps. We get the promises of God through faith, we should not speak contrary to the word of God "I will never"; "I cannot"; "this is how God made me" and all the other excuses. Important to get free is the attitude in our heart, if we really want it, also we have to forgive others and our self and confess it as sin, not as a mistake. Someone who had a spirit we could not deliver him from and he was suicide because of it, fasted and prayed 3 weeks and God showed Him he had to forgive to get free.

Old 11-06-2013, 03:09 AM

32,241 posts, read 21,127,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Is ANYONE under sin then at this time?
I had a dream about 20 years ago. I was sat in a prison cell, the prison door was wide open. Was I still a prisoner ?.

Old 11-06-2013, 12:00 PM

987 posts, read 909,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Here is a very good example of how one heresy can and does create others just as bad or worse than the original.

Firstly, according to the bible in hundreds of places we can in no possible way choose to follow Jesus out of our dead spiritual condition. We are as capable of making a choice to become a Christian as we are making a choice to rise up out of our casket alive, at our funeral. It follows logically, to the human mind that if we can make the choice to become a Christian we can make the choice to unbecome a Christian.

It's just plain wrong, a product of the pride of Man in his totally depraved and corrupted state and a good example of this pride of Man exalting it's self over the sovereignty of God.

IF IT WERE POSSIBLE IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM TO LOSE ONE'S SALVATION WE WOULD ALL BE LOST. THE MOST SCANTIFIED CHRISTIAN IN THE WORLD IS JUST A SINNER SAVED BY GRACE. SO YOU, CHRISTIAN, YOU WHO HAQVE NOT LOST YOUR SALVATION. WELL YOU MUST BE THE HOLIEST OF THE HOLY. YOU SURE WOULD HAVE REASON TO BOAST IN SUCH AN ACCOMPLISHMENT.
Couldn't rep you but what a great post.

Old 11-06-2013, 12:07 PM

17,579 posts, read 10,651,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I had a dream about 20 years ago. I was sat in a prison cell, the prison door was wide open. Was I still a prisoner ?.
Was Paul?

Old 11-06-2013, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletWren View Post
Couldn't rep you but what a great post.
Nice, but he is wrong.

Old 11-06-2013, 12:11 PM

32,241 posts, read 21,127,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Was Paul?
He was free, even though his prison door was locked, unlike mine in the dream which was open.

Old 11-06-2013, 04:07 PM

238 posts, read 229,399 times

Originally Posted by lucknow

Here is a very good example of how one heresy can and does create others just as bad or worse than the original.

Firstly, according to the bible in hundreds of places we can in no possible way choose to follow Jesus out of our dead spiritual condition. We are as capable of making a choice to become a Christian as we are making a choice to rise up out of our casket alive, at our funeral. It follows logically, to the human mind that if we can make the choice to become a Christian we can make the choice to unbecome a Christian.

It's just plain wrong, a product of the pride of Man in his totally depraved and corrupted state and a good example of this pride of Man exalting it's self over the sovereignty of God.

IF IT WERE POSSIBLE IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM TO LOSE ONE'S SALVATION WE WOULD ALL BE LOST. THE MOST SCANTIFIED CHRISTIAN IN THE WORLD IS JUST A SINNER SAVED BY GRACE. SO YOU, CHRISTIAN, YOU WHO HAQVE NOT LOST YOUR SALVATION. WELL YOU MUST BE THE HOLIEST OF THE HOLY. YOU SURE WOULD HAVE REASON TO BOAST IN SUCH AN ACCOMPLISHMENT.

Does not this prove lucknow to be wrong? ...

"But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another,
and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
If we confess (repent of) our sins, He is faithful and just
to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us." (1 John 1:7-10)

I.E. The BAC who does NOT do this, will retain his sins!
And he will be considered to be living unrighteously in Gods eyes.
And he will NOT gain eternal life ... unless all of this changes for the better before he dies.

Old 11-06-2013, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
He was free, even though his prison door was locked, unlike mine in the dream which was open.
Actually he wasn't. He reminded us that we must obey Caesar in Rom 13, so even with the door open and chains off, he was still not free. The only open door we can go through is the one Christ opens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or