U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 04:34 PM

17,579 posts, read 10,646,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evangelist-77 View Post

Originally Posted by lucknow

Here is a very good example of how one heresy can and does create others just as bad or worse than the original.

Firstly, according to the bible in hundreds of places we can in no possible way choose to follow Jesus out of our dead spiritual condition. We are as capable of making a choice to become a Christian as we are making a choice to rise up out of our casket alive, at our funeral. It follows logically, to the human mind that if we can make the choice to become a Christian we can make the choice to unbecome a Christian.

It's just plain wrong, a product of the pride of Man in his totally depraved and corrupted state and a good example of this pride of Man exalting it's self over the sovereignty of God.

IF IT WERE POSSIBLE IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM TO LOSE ONE'S SALVATION WE WOULD ALL BE LOST. THE MOST SCANTIFIED CHRISTIAN IN THE WORLD IS JUST A SINNER SAVED BY GRACE. SO YOU, CHRISTIAN, YOU WHO HAQVE NOT LOST YOUR SALVATION. WELL YOU MUST BE THE HOLIEST OF THE HOLY. YOU SURE WOULD HAVE REASON TO BOAST IN SUCH AN ACCOMPLISHMENT.

Does not this prove lucknow to be wrong? ...

"But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another,
and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
If we confess (repent of) our sins, He is faithful and just
to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us." (1 John 1:7-10)

I.E. The BAC who does NOT do this, will retain his sins!
And he will be considered to be living unrighteously in Gods eyes.
And he will NOT gain eternal life ... unless all of this changes for the better before he dies.
It is like being given a free car. It is valueless unless you register, insure and drive it and maintain it. The gift of life is valueless if we do not do all that is required to benefit from it. Many see the free gift but expect Jesus to do everything else for them as well. Doesn't work that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 04:39 PM

6,370 posts, read 5,819,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I had a dream about 20 years ago. I was sat in a prison cell, the prison door was wide open. Was I still a prisoner ?.
No, but not sure of the connection your trying to make.

Old 11-06-2013, 04:41 PM

32,239 posts, read 21,123,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Actually he wasn't. He reminded us that we must obey Caesar in Rom 13, so even with the door open and chains off, he was still not free. The only open door we can go through is the one Christ opens.
I think my point went right over your head. The door is open, you're free to go, why are you sat there as if you're still a prisoner?.

Quote:
I had a dream about 20 years ago. I was sat in a prison cell, the prison door was wide open. Was I still a prisoner ?.
As a man thinks in his heart so is he.

Old 11-06-2013, 04:48 PM

17,579 posts, read 10,646,199 times
Quote:
I think my point went right over your head. The door is open, you're free to go, why are you sat there as if you're still a prisoner?.

As a man thinks in his heart so is he.
Because Paul KNEW he was still a prisoner according to God's word about obedience.

We know we are free from past sins, but if we keep sinning, back we go. We all sin, but repeated bad sins must stop or we put ourselves in jail/bondage to them and will not be free[ we will just think we are.

Old 11-06-2013, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Because Paul KNEW he was still a prisoner according to God's word about obedience.

We know we are free from past sins, but if we keep sinning, back we go. We all sin, but repeated bad sins must stop or we put ourselves in jail/bondage to them and will not be free[ we will just think we are.
Like I said the point I was making to trettep went right over you're head.

Old 11-07-2013, 05:05 AM

1,542 posts, read 1,059,546 times
Quote:

Great post.
I fully agree. Misguided ministers say that once you profess Christ as your Savior, you are forgiven all your sins, past present and future. That is simply not true. If we sin after our repentance and receive the Holy Ghost which Peter said in Acts 5:32 that God give to those who OBEY Him, if we sin out of weakness, we must repent of that sin, and God will cleanse us from all unrighteousness [1John 1;9.]
If we sin willfully in a premeditated malicious way, Heb.10:26 says For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth [WHICH COMES WITH THE HOLY GHOST] there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

Old 11-07-2013, 05:53 AM

Quote:

Which sin puts us back in(notice I said sin not God)and which ones don't?.. You cannot excuse yourself by saying willful sin puts you in and ignorant sin keeps you out.

Here is the answer.
Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him(not your neighbor) it is sin. If you are in the know, you cannot excuse yourself with I did it in ignorance.

Now Jesus taught those that hear HIS saying and did them is like unto a wiseman that built his house(who he really is) upon a rock.

Last edited by pcamps; 11-07-2013 at 06:09 AM..

Old 11-07-2013, 10:48 AM

238 posts, read 229,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert M Prince View Post
Misguided ministers say that once you profess Christ as your Savior, you are forgiven all your sins, past present and future. That is simply not true. If we sin after our repentance and receive the Holy Ghost which Peter said in Acts 5:32 that God give to those who OBEY Him, if we sin out of weakness, we must repent of that sin, and God will cleanse us from all unrighteousness [1John 1;9.]
If we sin willfully in a premeditated malicious way, Heb.10:26 says For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth [WHICH COMES WITH THE HOLY GHOST] there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Unfortunately, only a few see this ... that's why we're here, right!

Old 11-09-2013, 07:22 AM

1,542 posts, read 1,059,546 times
Quote:
Which sin puts us back in(notice I said sin not God)and which ones don't?.. You cannot excuse yourself by saying willful sin puts you in and ignorant sin keeps you out.

Here is the answer.
Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him(not your neighbor) it is sin. If you are in the know, you cannot excuse yourself with I did it in ignorance.

Now Jesus taught those that hear HIS saying and did them is like unto a wiseman that built his house(who he really is) upon a rock.
Great posts pcamps and Evangelist - 77

Old 11-09-2013, 07:36 AM

668 posts, read 570,994 times
Quote:
Col. 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
Since ALL of our sin in relation to the act that provided the forgiveness are future then to say our future sin is not forgiven is to say none of our sin is forgiven.

Answer these questions:

1. How many of your sins did God know about before you were born? (All of them.)
2. How many of them did He record on your certificate of debt mentioned in the passage in Colossians referenced above? (All of them.)
3. How many of your sins did Jesus pay for on the cross? (All of them.)
4. How many of them were future at that time? (All of them.)
5. How many sins was He referring to when He said, “If is finished”? (All of them.)
6. At the time you were saved, how many of your sins did God forgive?

If you did not answer the last question with "all of them" ask yourself would it make sense that God would see and note all of our sins; that Jesus Christ would bear all of them upon Himself; that He would declare from the cross that payment had been made for all of them and then, after all that, God would only forgive you for some of your sins — namely the ones you had committed up to the point in time at which you were saved? Don’t make the mistake of trying to put God in the “time box.” He won’t fit. He has forgiven you for every sin you will ever commit, past, present and future. The verse clearly says that He has “forgiven us all our transgressions,” not just our past ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or