U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 09:51 AM

238 posts, read 229,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FundamentalBibleBeliever View Post
Since ALL of our sin in relation to the act that provided the forgiveness are future
then to say our future sin is not forgiven is to say none of our sin is forgiven.
Your eggs appear to be in this basket ...

Col. 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh,
hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

However, this whole deal refers to the moment of being born-again,
and refers to all sins up until that point in time.

My eggs are in this basket ...

"But IF we (Christians) walk in the light as He is in the light,
we have fellowship with one another,
and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

IF we confess (repent of) our sins, He is faithful and just
to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us."

(1 John 1:7-10)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2013, 09:58 AM

668 posts, read 570,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evangelist-77 View Post
Your eggs appear to be in this basket ...

Col. 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh,
hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

However, this whole deal refers to the moment of being born-again.

My eggs are in this basket ...

"But IF we (Christians) walk in the light as He is in the light,
we have fellowship with one another,
and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

IF we confess (repent of) our sins, He is faithful and just
to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us."

(1 John 1:7-10)
Not sure you understand my position based on what you posted. So I will not comment on what you said.

Old 11-12-2013, 05:35 AM

1,542 posts, read 1,058,762 times
See Gal. 5[19] Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
[20] Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
[21] Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
If we commit any of these willful sins after we have received the Holy Spirit, we will lose that Spirit and our salvation. See Heb. 10:[26] For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth [which comes with the Holy Spirit] there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins

Old 11-12-2013, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert M Prince View Post
See Gal. 5[19] Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,[20] Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
[21] Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before,
as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
If we commit any of these willful sins after we have received the Holy Spirit, we will lose that Spirit and our salvation.
See Heb. 10:[26] For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth
[which comes with the Holy Spirit] there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins
OSASers argue that this passage (and many similar ones that have lists of sins) do NOT pertain to BACs!

Excuses/reasons: Satan, church leaders, false doctrines, brainwashing, stubbornness, pride, etc.
Whoopie ... lots of 'em to choose from!

But, Jesus will say, "I never knew (approved of) you!"

Old 11-15-2013, 05:14 AM

1,542 posts, read 1,058,762 times
Quote:
OSASers argue that this passage (and many similar ones that have lists of sins) do NOT pertain to BACs!

Excuses/reasons: Satan, church leaders, false doctrines, brainwashing, stubbornness, pride, etc.

Great post - If we do not have that Spirit of the Holy Ghost abiding richly in our souls, we are not hungering and thirsting after righteousness and will never be able to live a life that is pleasing to God and His Son.

Old 11-15-2013, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert M Prince View Post

If we do not have that Spirit of the Holy Ghost abiding richly in our souls, we are not hungering
and thirsting after righteousness and will never be able to live a life that is pleasing to God and His Son.
IMO, the KEY to this whole deal is ...
re: Jesus will say, "I never knew (approved of) you!"

Matt 7:21-23 • “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven,
but he who does the will of My Father in heaven ... And then I will declare to them,
‘I never knew (approved of) you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

Old 11-15-2013, 12:05 PM

32,225 posts, read 21,104,768 times
'Not every one who is saying to me Lord, lord, shall come into the reign of the heavens; but he who is DOING the will of my Father who is in the heavens.

I do not believe that Jesus is speaking about a place where you go after you have died, he's talking about a place where those DOING the will of the Father live out of.

They won't tell you this in church on Sunday, because they want you to believe some are it is all about heaven and hell, where some are saved some aren't, some are cast out into outer darkness where there's weeping and gnashing of teeth while they the chosen are sitting around having a wonderful feast at the table of Jesus.

You see if you read on in a Matthew 7, Jesus is talking about building something, not going somewhere,and that something when we hear and do is sayings, is establishing the kingdom of heaven within us on earth.

Your kingdom come in me as it is in heaven.

Old 11-15-2013, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I do not believe that Jesus is speaking about a place where you go after you have died,
he's talking about a place where those DOING the will of the Father live out of.
There are warning passages, which specifically mention ...
NOT being allowed to enter the kingdom of God (or heaven)!
1 Cor 6:9-10, Gal 5:19-21, Eph 5:3-6, Matt 7:21, 2 Pet 1:10-11

And we have ...

“And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out.
It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye,
rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire” (Mark 9:47)

“Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world
… inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.
And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.” (Matt 25:34-46)

Entering the kingdom of God appears to be the opposite of being cast into hell.

Inheriting the kingdom of God appears to be for the righteous who gain eternal life.

So, we consider entering the kingdom of God/heaven analagous to gaining eternal life.

Old 11-15-2013, 06:35 PM

32,225 posts, read 21,104,768 times
Quote:
There are warning passages, which specifically mention ...
NOT being allowed to enter the kingdom of God (or heaven)!
1 Cor 6:9-10, Gal 5:19-21, Eph 5:3-6, Matt 7:21, 2 Pet 1:10-11

And we have ...

“And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out.
It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye,
rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire” (Mark 9:47)

“Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world
… inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.
And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.” (Matt 25:34-46)

Entering the kingdom of God appears to be the opposite of being cast into hell.

Inheriting the kingdom of God appears to be for the righteous who gain eternal life.

So, we consider entering the kingdom of God/heaven analagous to gaining eternal life.
Hell is living your life without the wonder of God in your life. Your kingdom come on earth as it is in heaven. It comes through those doing his will. Jesus taught us to seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, not a place to go to, but a place that comes to us and through us( just like it did through him).

Old 11-16-2013, 12:15 AM

40,054 posts, read 26,735,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Hell is living your life without the wonder of God in your life. Your kingdom come on earth as it is in heaven. It comes through those doing his will. Jesus taught us to seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, not a place to go to, but a place that comes to us and through us( just like it did through him).
If only people would realize the truth of this, pcamps. So much misery could be avoided. So many people think themselves into a miserable state of self-loathing or self-pity and receive no respite from their religious leaders who reinforce their miserable self-image. The kingdom of God is within and we can experience it through "loving God and each other" daily and repenting when we don't. How sad that such a simple thing as love is so badly trampled on by religious dogma.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or