U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-02-2013, 11:09 AM
 
1,263 posts, read 1,088,610 times
Reputation: 178

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
What is the bar for those enlightened for falling short(away)?. It is scriptures like this that are mishandled that are used to condemn others(proof that you have fallen away) and keeping those weak in faith under condemnation and in fear of God.

Those who read it with the light of the Holy Spirit know exactly what it says, pcamps. It's as plain as the nose on your face.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-02-2013, 11:20 AM
 
Location: Beautiful Niagara Falls ON.
10,024 posts, read 10,578,401 times
Reputation: 8913
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
You can lose your salvation!!!!
If you on your 100% free will decide instead of following Christ, you are going to instead to turn the other way on your 100% free will and take up a life of killing, adultery, worshiping another God, and sexual immorality and die in your sins unrepentant, the bible is very clear you will not inherit the Kingdom of Heaven.

Please dont bring up the corny argument of that person was never saved to begin with because that argument contradicts itself. The bible says if you confess with your mouth and believe in your heart Jesus is Lord you shall be saved, so if a person said that and really meant it they are saved at that point but they still have a life to life after that point and time. Sadly there are many who got saved and lived the life according to the bible and something happened in their life and they gave up on God and became a Atheist and lived a unrepentant life full of sin after that and never turned back and some even died to. To say that person will go to heaven after rejecting God simply because at one point they believed Romans 10:9-11, but turned away from God in the end, is making God out to be a fool.
Here is a very good example of how one heresy can and does create others just as bad or worse than the original.

Firstly, according to the bible in hundreds of places we can in no possible way choose to follow Jesus out of our dead spiritual condition. We are as capable of making a choice to become a Christian as we are making a choice to rise up out of our casket alive, at our funeral. It follows logically, to the human mind that if we can make the choice to become a Christian we can make the choice to unbecome a Christian.

It's just plain wrong, a product of the pride of Man in his totally depraved and corrupted state and a good example of this pride of Man exalting it's self over the sovereignty of God.

IF IT WERE POSSIBLE IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM TO LOSE ONE'S SALVATION WE WOULD ALL BE LOST. THE MOST SCANTIFIED CHRISTIAN IN THE WORLD IS JUST A SINNER SAVED BY GRACE. SO YOU, CHRISTIAN, YOU WHO HAQVE NOT LOST YOUR SALVATION. WELL YOU MUST BE THE HOLIEST OF THE HOLY. YOU SURE WOULD HAVE REASON TO BOAST IN SUCH AN ACCOMPLISHMENT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2013, 12:26 PM
 
Location: New England
32,255 posts, read 21,131,193 times
Reputation: 2282
Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
Those who read it with the light of the Holy Spirit know exactly what it says, pcamps. It's as plain as the nose on your face.
Enlighten me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2013, 02:21 PM
 
Location: New England
32,255 posts, read 21,131,193 times
Reputation: 2282
Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
Those who read it with the light of the Holy Spirit know exactly what it says, pcamps. It's as plain as the nose on your face.
If you noticed, I never asked what it said.i know perfectly well what it says. I asked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
What is the bar for those enlightened for falling short(away)?. It is scriptures like this that are mishandled that are used to condemn others(proof that you have fallen away) and keeping those weak in faith under condemnation and (the vast majority of Christendom but they want admit it to be set free)in the fear of God
Which I do not believe any 100% bible believer can answer without condemning themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2013, 04:31 PM
 
4,423 posts, read 4,074,195 times
Reputation: 3569
Go
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Here is a very good makesexample of how one heresy can and does crsays others just as bad or worse than the oYouriginal.

Firstly, according to the bible in hundreds of places we can in no possible way choose to folow Jesus out of our dead spiritual condition. We are as capable of making a choice to become a Christian as we are making a choice to rise up out of our casket alive, at our funeral. It follows logically, to the human mind that if we can make the choice to become a Christian we can make the choice to unbecome a Christian.

It's just plain wrong, a product of the pride of Man in his totally depraved and corrupted state and a good example of this pride of Man exalting it's self over the sovereignty of God.

IF IT WERE POSSIBLE IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM TO LOSE ONE'S SALVATION WE WOULD ALL BE LOST. THE MOST SCANTIFIED CHRISTIAN IN THE WORLD IS JUST A SINNER SAVED BY GRACE. SO YOU, CHRISTIAN, YOU WHO HAQVE NOT LOST YOUR SALVATION. WELL YOU MUST BE THE HOLIEST OF THE HOLY. YOU SURE WOULD HAVE REASON TO BOAST IN SUCH AN ACCOMPLISHMENT.
If someone who has been saved but decides to Go out there and become a serial murder even though they know what the bible says and they die in their sins, the bible is also quite clear a murderer will not inherit the kingdom of heaven.

Once saved always saved is false doctrine and makes many Christians think that living a sinful life even after they are saved is okay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2013, 04:39 PM
 
Location: New England
32,255 posts, read 21,131,193 times
Reputation: 2282
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Go

If someone who has been saved but decides to Go out there and become a serial murder even though they know what the bible says and they die in their sins, the bible is also quite clear a murderer will not inherit the kingdom of heaven.

Once saved always saved is false doctrine and makes many Christians think that living a sinful life even after they are saved is okay.
I too believe OSAS Is a false doctrine to excuse the sin conscious Christian from the wrath that he feels upon himself (the same wrath that he believes is upon all who are not saved in their eyes).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2013, 09:56 PM
 
20,430 posts, read 9,845,914 times
Reputation: 1678
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I too believe OSAS Is a false doctrine to excuse the sin conscious Christian from the wrath that he feels upon himself (the same wrath that he believes is upon all who are not saved in their eyes).
In other words, once lost, always lost?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2013, 10:04 PM
 
Location: New England
32,255 posts, read 21,131,193 times
Reputation: 2282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
In other words, once lost, always lost?
Yea something like that. The blind leading the blind.

A change in feeling changes us(let the weak say I am strong).He touched me and made me whole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2013, 10:59 PM
 
2,743 posts, read 1,772,598 times
Reputation: 3378
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepherdMaster View Post
You are judged on the totality of your life at death.

There are three resurrections, you are assigned one of two. You will either come up in the first (righteous) or the second (condemned).

In order to be assigned one you must be judged beforehand.

You do not achieve salvation until you are judged righteous.
You're not judged righteous. You become righteous once you accept Jesus. No more need for judging.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2013, 11:05 PM
 
2,743 posts, read 1,772,598 times
Reputation: 3378
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
You can lose your salvation!!!!
If you on your 100% free will decide instead of following Christ, you are going to instead to turn the other way on your 100% free will and take up a life of killing, adultery, worshiping another God, and sexual immorality and die in your sins unrepentant, the bible is very clear you will not inherit the Kingdom of Heaven.

Please dont bring up the corny argument of that person was never saved to begin with because that argument contradicts itself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
If someone who has been saved but decides to Go out there and become a serial murder even though they know what the bible says and they die in their sins, the bible is also quite clear a murderer will not inherit the kingdom of heaven.
Your second example is just as silly as the argument you say not to bring up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top