U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 05:37 PM

2,743 posts, read 1,771,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zur View Post
Do you think king David is not saved? He is already in Heaven. If he would not repent, he would be in hell. We are not under the law, but grace. But God is the same, His principles are the same. In the OT they had to fulfill the Law, under the NT we can overcome sin by the power of God and serve Him in righteousness and without fear. Not being under the law does not give anyone the license to sin! The bible says who sins will be judged with or without law. Your problem is, you think grace covers lawlessness and all sins are already forgiven. A christian has to walk in the light (1.Jn 1:5-10), If he sins a sin to death he becomes a slave to sin. If he does not repent, he is lost. That Christians cannot get rid of sin is because the lack of the power of the Holy Spirit, discernment and deliverance. If believers want to keep the law in their own power they are in trouble. Christ in us is the hope of glory. So long you teach the people they can live a lifestyle of adultery and go still to Heaven, Christians are in danger. Because most of the church are worldly and lukewarm, there teaching has become a burden. To solve the problem and get the crowds, they preach sin is not the problem anymore and everyone is happy, the problem seems to be solved. UR does the same, but in a broader level. But what says the bible, you really see the whole picture, who has blinded you?
I think it's best to ask yourself the same question and read the bible. There are plenty of scriptures to show that sin is no longer an issue. Jesus took care of it on the cross. It so grace that set us free from sin. We are no longer under the law, but under grace. Read Romans 4 and Hebrews 7-10. All sins are already forgiven. It's in the bible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2013, 05:38 PM

63,131 posts, read 34,377,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evangelist-77 View Post
I repeat, because of what some other Scriptures clearly say,

these verses Mark 13:13, Matt 10:22, Matt 24:13 ...
“But he who endures to the end (i.e. death) shall be saved.”

are considered by Christians to have a dual meaning, i.e. physical and spiritual death.
What is the context of the "end" in Matt 24? Will all of the following happen in everyone's life?

“Tell us,” they said, “when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?”

Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you. For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many.

You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come.

Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom.

There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of birth pains.

“Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me.

At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people.

Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.

And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

Old 11-04-2013, 05:46 PM

668 posts, read 571,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evangelist-77 View Post
I repeat, because of what some other Scriptures clearly say,

these verses Mark 13:13, Matt 10:22, Matt 24:13 ...
“But he who endures to the end (i.e. death) shall be saved.”

are considered by Christians to have a dual meaning, i.e. physical and spiritual death.
If you read this in context you see it has nothing to do with salvation but enduring to the end of a future event that Jesus is describing. It is important to pay attention to what is being said and not take verses out of context and try and build a doctrine on them.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:10 AM

6,370 posts, read 5,820,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
I think it's best to ask yourself the same question and read the bible. There are plenty of scriptures to show that sin is no longer an issue. Jesus took care of it on the cross. It so grace that set us free from sin. We are no longer under the law, but under grace. Read Romans 4 and Hebrews 7-10. All sins are already forgiven. It's in the bible.
Is ANYONE under sin then at this time?

Old 11-05-2013, 08:42 AM

17,586 posts, read 10,651,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
If we were not, we would not have counsel in Scripture to repent. No repentance, no forgiveness.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:56 AM

6,370 posts, read 5,820,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
If we were not, we would not have counsel in Scripture to repent. No repentance, no forgiveness.
Yes, I would agree but it seems that some don't understand that your only under Grace while in Christ.

Old 11-05-2013, 10:12 AM
Zur

949 posts, read 649,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
Why do you think that I am under the law? I am under grace, Jesus forgave me my sins! Amen
I also can tell you that I do not believe that I have to do works to be saved, it is a gift that I received. If it would be otherwise I never would know how many good works I had to do to be saved. The issue we are dealing with is can we loose our salvation? I have the revelation that I lost it because not of doing good works, I led even others to the Lord, but I would have gone to hell because of sins to death I committed as a Christian. To believe on Christ is to follow Him and to love Him and to do what He says and if we fail to repent. He told me to love Him and do His commandments. This I do to my best knowledge, and if I fail, I repent. If you call this what the bible says is right, being under the law and salvation through works, I cannot help you.
If you believe a Christian can commit sins to death and has not to confess it and repent, you have the free will to do and believe what ever you want, I will not judge you, because I was not better then you, but consider we all have to come before the judgement seat of Christ.

Old 11-05-2013, 10:26 AM

238 posts, read 229,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FundamentalBibleBeliever View Post
If you read this in context you see it has nothing to do with salvation but enduring to the end of a future event that Jesus is describing. It is important to pay attention to what is being said and not take verses out of context and try and build a doctrine on them.
Thou doesn't believe that God often kills two birds with one stone?
Lots of verses have double or triple meanings.
When we have 10 verses saying we must endure to the end of our lives to be saved,
'tis easy to throw this statement of Jesus in with the 10.
Even makes logical sense to do so! Dah.

Old 11-05-2013, 10:29 AM

Quote:
NAH ... OSASers say NAH ... Just sin away, guys 'n gals!
Heaven's there a-waitin' for ya!

Old 11-05-2013, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Yes, I would agree but it seems that some don't understand that your only under Grace while in Christ.
Yahbut, most BACs don't know what "in Christ" means!
Hint: it does NOT mean being born-again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or