U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 12:05 PM

11,256 posts, read 11,273,591 times

Advertisements

I actually have come to love this stuff and I absolutely look forward to these -thons (or is it -thongs). They provide me with such marvelous entertainment and laughs I don't even watch old Monty Python or Benny Hill reruns when TBN comes haunting my airwaves. I once saw Paula White get up there and stamp her feet and strut her stuff filled with the Holy Spirit and for 45 minutes I was laughing so hard I thought I'd have a heart attack, that is until Jan showed up in the biggest pink powdered wig and thick mascara I'd ever seen. I thought my channel have accidentally flipped to Barnum and Bailey's three-ring circus and I was looking at one of the clowns in drag.

Great, great stuff.

Old 11-01-2013, 12:06 PM

19,950 posts, read 13,636,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I actually have come to love this stuff and I absolutely look forward to these -thons (or is it -thongs). They provide me with such marvelous entertainment and laughs I don't even watch old Monty Python or Benny Hill reruns when TBN comes haunting my airwaves. I once saw Paula White get up there and stamp her feet and strut her stuff filled with the Holy Spirit and for 45 minutes I was laughing so hard I thought I'd have a heart attack, that is until Jan showed up in the biggest pink powdered wig and thick mascara I'd ever seen. I thought my channel have accidentally flipped to Barnum and Bailey's three-ring circus and I was looking at one of the clowns in drag.

Great, great stuff.
The problem, of course, is that I doubt many atheists (especially the ones here on this board) don't have a clue that what you see on TBN has nothing to do with authentic Christianity.

Old 11-01-2013, 12:23 PM

3,096 posts, read 6,476,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I actually have come to love this stuff and I absolutely look forward to these -thons (or is it -thongs).

They provide me with such marvelous entertainment and laughs I don't even watch old Monty Python or Benny Hill reruns when TBN comes haunting my airwaves.

I once saw Paula White get up there and stamp her feet and strut her stuff filled with the Holy Spirit and for 45 minutes I was laughing so hard I thought I'd have a heart attack, that is until Jan showed up in the biggest pink powdered wig and thick mascara I'd ever seen.

I thought my channel have accidentally flipped to Barnum and Bailey's three-ring circus and I was looking at one of the clowns in drag.

Great, great stuff.

Benny Hill is a false prophet and a joke.

however, he is a bit watchable when u put Yakety Sax music to clips of his antics

Old 11-01-2013, 01:05 PM

32,532 posts, read 30,676,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I actually did a sermon a couple weeks ago where I put a picture of Osteen's "church" on the screen. I read a review of the church by a "Jewish atheist" (his words) that said he liked it and was perfectly comfortable with the message preached.
I'd put that man on my list of understanding and accepting human beings with tolerance for other people's beliefs. I always enjoy meeting people like that.

The chances of them having the words "whack job" in front of their name are practically nil.

Old 11-01-2013, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I'd put the Jewish atheist on my list of understanding and accepting human beings with tolerance for other people's beliefs. I always enjoy meeting people like that.

The chances of them having the words "whack job" in front of their name are practically nil.
It's always fun to meet someone that is nice and doesn't disagree with you, isn't it? Nevermind if you're right or wrong...we all tend to like people more if they don't tell us we're not right. Personally I'd prefer not to check my brain at the door.

Old 11-01-2013, 01:38 PM

Quote:
It's always fun to meet someone that is nice and doesn't disagree with you, isn't it? Nevermind if you're right or wrong...we all tend to like people more if they don't tell us we're not right. .
Wow. I had no idea deciding someone was tolerant and understanding depended on whether or not they agreed with you. Really?

Old 11-01-2013, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Wow. I had no idea deciding someone was tolerant and understanding depended on whether or not they agreed with you. Really?
Based on my experience, the ones on this board that call me "intolerant" are the ones that disagree with me. So yeah...I think agreeing with a person (at least here) means you're "tolerant".

Isn't that why you think this guy would be nice to be around? He wouldn't disagree with you or tell you that you're wrong.

Old 11-01-2013, 02:08 PM

Quote:

Isn't that why you think this guy would be nice to be around? He wouldn't disagree with you or tell you that you're wrong.
One of my best friends is a Jewish atheist. She says things like, "You thank God for your food. Do you thank your God for what's happening in Darfur?" Yet she gives us Christmas (not "holiday") presents. She doesn't agree with my beliefs. But she respects that I have them. Which is mutual. She's very tolerant of my saying "God Bless you" when she sneezes.

I'd urge you, once again, to think outside your box, Vizio.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 11-01-2013 at 02:46 PM..

Old 11-01-2013, 04:31 PM

11,256 posts, read 11,273,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
Benny Hill is a false prophet and a joke.

however, he is a bit watchable when u put Yakety Sax music to clips of his antics

(whisper) let the bodies hit the floor. Let the bodies hit the floor. Let the bodies hit the floor. Let the bodies hit the.........

FLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!! (heavy metal guitars)

Old 11-01-2013, 04:46 PM

10,024 posts, read 10,573,355 times
I dislike these so called Christians even more than I dislike the RWNJs that infest so much of the USA. In many cases they are the same people!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or